homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 63)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Changed a correct answer for an incorrect one.
*sigh*
At least I'm ahead of Wodders! [Big Grin]

Here's the quiz again!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hard one today. Well done StGwladys!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was doing brilliantly until the last question, and then the Guessometer had a brain-fart. [Frown]

I'd have been in second place if it hadn't ...

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think that last one killed everyone—except for St. G and lc, who, judging by their uncharacteristic times, may have taken a page out of my playbook and Googled things...

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh great, thank you VERY much for asking me about a business that doesn't exist in this country!

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
I think that last one killed everyone—except for St. G and lc, who, judging by their uncharacteristic times, may have taken a page out of my playbook and Googled things...

I dunno. I'm in the top ten with 9 correct. If only I could have remembered the guy who raped his sister...

And not to shabby for a spaz today, either!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's more like it - back to 10/10 and snuck into the top 10 (for the moment). [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Second place so far - that probably won't last as the speed-merchants haven't arrived yet ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Totally let down by not having any knowledge at all of foreign adverts [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
Totally let down by not having any knowledge at all of foreign adverts [Roll Eyes]

Me too.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:

Me too.
And me.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They're not foreign. They're American. (Grumble, me three, or four).
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That sort of whooshing noise was Lucky Guess Piglet speeding past the Weasel ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was pleased by 10/10 today, especially since some guy in a wheelchair and a penguin both failed to score that, but knew my time was even more vulnerable than usual.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow, that guessometer really knows it's stuff!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Slowed down by stopping to giggle at some of the answers on the first and last questions! [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! An "Easy quiz" which I actually found...easy!!!
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 33 seconds, equal first with Marvin (for now) and a new Personal Best! [Yipee]

And it's Friday! [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only four seconds adrift of the mighty Ariston! [Smile] [Smile]
Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Oh dear, hard indeed! Where's that guessometer hiding?

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sorry, TB - it must have already left to come over here, as it was working perfectly for me just now.

**passes the Guessometer a large dram of Highland Park**

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did click on the right answer, I did, I did, I did!

Next time, WW, check to see the dot is really there.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My dots were all in the right place, putting me in second. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Does that mean that you're a little dotty?

[Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Probably. [Big Grin]

It ignored one of my dots today - I swear I guessed one of the questions correctly and it said I hadn't answered it.

As to the other one I got wrong, I'd never heard of any of them, and neither had the Guessometer.

[Frown]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uh huh. I can see you all rolling your eyes in disdain. It was just a fluke. Cruddy trivia I just happened to know. I'll be back near the bottom tomorrow. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I seem to have come in at Number One - don't know how that happened, but I quite like the view from up here!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! I'm first! And lonely... [Smile]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Silly Guessometer obviously hadn't watched some weird nonentity of a TV programme either.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Silly Guessometer obviously hadn't watched some weird nonentity of a TV programme either.

I think that shows rather good taste on its part.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I had no idea of several of those today.

Poor Guessometer must need an infusion of some holy water or something.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

A combination of using my home computer, which has two speeds (dead slow and stop), and sharing the Guessometer's good taste in television left me rather further south than I wanted to be. [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Easy-peasy Sunday.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks again to The Blessed Guessometer, I had no idea on several questions but managed a 10/10, in an admittedly laboriously slow time.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Thought number 4 was an April Fool!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Wm Dewy
Shipmate
# 16712

- Posted      Profile for Wm Dewy   Email Wm Dewy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Most sports fans know this? Really?
If I was waiting for evidence that I'm no sports fan, the quiz busts me out.

[ 02. April 2014, 15:00: Message edited by: Wm Dewy ]

--------------------
"And harmoniums and barrel - organs be miserable--what shall I call 'em ? - miserable machines for such a divine thing as music!"

Posts: 216 | From: Indiana USA | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Paging "Guessometer". Will Mr. Guessometer please come to the Quiz?

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I heard him say something about reservations in Octo-pulco. [Snigger]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I see the Guessometer hasn't been to Mexico either ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Knowing the answer is fine but it really helps to click the correct button!!

--------------------

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, 'tis all very nice when the survey references the book I'm currently reading (and/or the film thereof) but frustrating when they call a supporting (although notable) character the "lead".

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yay! I'm still last!

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alban:
Well, 'tis all very nice when the survey references the book I'm currently reading (and/or the film thereof) but frustrating when they call a supporting (although notable) character the "lead".

Yes, that's what I thought. I wonder if the question setter has actually read/seen it. Tsk.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ten minutes to go and still in 30th place out of 30 participants! I think this will be my third wooden spoon.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You'd think by this time I would realise that when "all of these" is an option, it's usually the right one ... [brick wall]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Us swines fell into the same pit together. OINK OINK [Confused]

--------------------
Oinkster

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The guessometer repays a significant chunk of its cost in one day!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

#$&^*$@ ancient, #$&^*$@ slow computer wouldn't "submit" until it had given me a completely fictitious time of 105 seconds.

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Yup, got the swimming pool one wrong again!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016