homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 64)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Third place isn't too shabby. But then, Ariston and Marvin haven't played yet, either.

Site to test just how slow our computers are.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the Guessometer is allowed a day off globally today.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If only I could manage to play every day, I reckon I could win a month.

Curse the vile weekends, with their raft of other interesting and fun things to do!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Back from our holiday cottage so playing on the main computer rather than the lap-top. What a difference it makes in timing!
Obviously I can't blame my wrong answers on the lap-top [Ultra confused]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowing nothing about actresses in shows I've never seen seen I failed early and only got 9/10.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What he said. ^^^

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow. It's a lot slower on an iPhone!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ah well, that's New Technology for you!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Third place isn't too shabby. But then, Ariston and Marvin haven't played yet, either.

You forgot LC. There comes a time each night, two hours or so before the quiz is submitted, when I check the results, gloating to myself…only to find LC whipped me soundly.

And then there are those odd days when K and AA decide to turn up.

Nothing's ever certain now, is it?

[ 12. April 2014, 23:58: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
... Curse the vile weekends ...

... when I have to do the quiz on my home computer, which is 11 years old* and slower than my w*rk computer by a factor of Quite A Lot.

* that's about 1,111 in computer years.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
You forgot LC. There comes a time each night, two hours or so before the quiz is submitted, when I check the results, gloating to myself…only to find LC whipped me soundly.

Well, I try, but it doesn't stop you from cleaning up like a washing machine on a regular basis.

And on, and on, and on...

Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Foolish, foolish woman.
Skim-read question - answer obvious - turned out to be correct answer to wrong question.
I got the tricky ones right and the most obvious one wrong.
[brick wall]

Thank goodness nobody but me can see which ones I got right and which I got wrong. I'd never hear the last of it otherwise.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...but by the beneficence of The Great Guessometer I got them all correct!

[Big Grin]

[ 13. April 2014, 09:45: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I like the phrase 'silly buggers'. That describes my computer and ISP conspiring to give me a lot of extra time to submit my (bad) quiz.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clearly my knowledge of biblical harlots is not what it could be.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love it when I change a wrong answer into a right one.

I may not be very fast, but (for today anyway, Biblical harlots notwithstanding) I'm very right.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

If I would quit thinking about squirrels and shiny things, I'd probably be a lot faster.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

More questions about foreign TV programmes that I've never seen! Still, I managed to beat Pingu so it can't be all bad.

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Wow - todays' was a very hard one!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Too right, Marvin - and the Guessometer needs charging up - it really wasn't working very well at all. [Frown]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Today's, on the other hand, was quite a bit easier. The only real limiting factor was how fast I could scroll down.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Today's was so easy that taking 41 seconds was never going to cut it, mustard-wise. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

I keep checking back expecting Ariston or leorning_cnicht to have gone under the 20-second mark. Neither of them has played yet today...

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
I keep checking back expecting Ariston or leorning_cnicht to have gone under the 20-second mark. Neither of them has played yet today...

Good Morning, Marvin ...
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

Git.

By way of some small revenge, it's 5pm here and I'm just off home for the evening [Razz]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

MORE foreign TV programmes that I've never seen!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 37 seconds and fifth place will do me nicely. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Eek!]

124 seconds!

Admittedly I had to logout and log back in again because of browser failure or a slow website or some thing but...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I did wonder ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

At least I have a chance to increase my stock of wooden spoons.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Waterworks]

The wooden spoon was snatched from my grasp!

[Waterworks]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowledge of US brands required today...

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Being a Murikan didn't help me a bit today [Waterworks]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thanks to the Guessometer I didn't do as badly as I might otherwise have done.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Rats. Missed what was probably the easiest one!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

If I'd not changed the brand name from a right to a wrong, I'd have been in first place ... [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It seems a bit silly to me that, at least so far, I should be in first place, on a Sunday, with 48 seconds!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Step 1: read question.
Step 2: read the whole question.
Step 3: select answer.

Doing these in order might be a good idea.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
Step 1: read question.
Step 2: read the whole question.
Step 3: select answer.

Doing these in order might be a good idea.

Ariston, thank you! I knew I was going wrong somewhere. I'd been reversing steps 2 and 3.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wow! Just seen that I won yesterday in the impressive time of 99 secs. Can't remember what the questions were any more, but apparently everybody else's guessometers were taking an Easter break.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

Now, if "changing a right answer to a wrong one" scored bonus points...
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
... I won yesterday in the impressive time of 99 secs ... apparently everybody else's guessometers were taking an Easter break.

If mine had been working you'd have been in second place. [Big Grin]

Today, on the other hand, it was working perfectly.

**passes the Guessometer a chocolate truffle** [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sadly the Guessometer can't correct blatant stupidity!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got the swimming pool one right, yay!
But slipped up on number two (that sounds wrong!) as never heard of the film.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Sadly the Guessometer can't correct blatant stupidity!

Oh I don't know - it manages it for me sometimes.

Fifth place and 10/10 will do me nicely. [Smile]

[ 21. April 2014, 14:38: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As I now head to bed I have a chance for another wooden spoon!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Yipee]

I made the wooden spoon yesterday and am front runner for another one today!

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What do you mean, "the wooden spoon"?

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ah, you've beaten me to it!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and today I have beaten the mighty washing machine!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016