homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 65)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. What's with them picking singers/movies I've never heard of?
2. I might be more consistent if I'd been Maytag instead.
3. I swear, I have learned almost as much about foreign appliance brands as I have about tat since joining the Ship.

And here you go, Zelda, it's the Link!

[ 23. April 2014, 06:43: Message edited by: Ariston ]

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here I am, hoisting Ariston up from the bottom of the list.

The Guessometer was no help with the singer question. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I quite like the idea of wearing one whilst shopping... [Big Grin]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Obviously I mean the tiara, not the guessometer [Big Grin]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caught by the update today!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I wondered what had happened to you!

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm at the top of today's table!!! I am the only one who has got 10/10!!!

(OK, so only 4 people have played so far today... [Razz] )

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WTF?? to question 1?

Bloody Americocentrist question!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay for the Guessometer!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Yay for the Guessometer!

Boo! Didn't work for me! [Frown]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, that was an exceedingly random quiz.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Yay for the Guessometer!

Boo! Didn't work for me! [Frown]
Me neither. And Pete's right - WTF about question 1?

[Mad]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

WooHoo! Top of the list for right now!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear, too many Mercan questions for me.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate chess questions. [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blooming American cars, American sports and American customs. Baah-humbug!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

jj dances around the Circus for a bit

Unless someone knocks me off the top of the heap, that's two days in a row in first place! I'm so tickled I can hardly stand myself!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Read the bloody question, Piglet. And if the word "not" appears in it, take note.

Also, changed the right ******* Jackson to the wrong one.

[brick wall]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For speed's sake, it's best not to do the quiz during the picture round on Pointless.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Memo to self - do not accidentally select wrong item from browser history, and start quiz on clunky laptop whilst not paying attention.
Posts: 5026 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bizarre - consecutive days with 10/10 in 39 seconds!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Didn't you have a visit from Computer Bloke the other day? And did he make your computer faster?

We Need To Be Told. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do you know, I think you may be right. Does anyone know - is Windows 7 faster than the old Xp?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Numero Uno at the moment with 42 seconds but on a Very Easy day I can't see that lasting long - I might just get in the Top 20 by the time the quiz closes tomorrow.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah, sorry about that WW. [Big Grin]
Still another 16 hours to go for me to get bumped.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Guessometer working well today - 10/10 in 45 seconds - but probably not fast enough to keep me in the top 10 for much longer ...

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Aargh! I should listen to that voice in the back of my head telling me the answer!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Lots of odd ones there, including that elusive house question again. Books and films I've never heard of [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Hard was dead easy on Tuesday!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

What house? Where? Never heard of it! S'not right to put in stuff I've never heard of. (tessaB wanders off snivelling)

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Fifth place - the Guessometer was rocking today! [Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

That Halloween question makes me queasy. I always get it wrong too.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TessaB, sometimes there is key information in the sentence up by the number of the question. For the house one, it names the house in that sentence.

As for the Hallowe'en question, it is dead easy if you chanted that phrase every year. For me, the question reminds me of the pure joy of hollering it with big grins on our faces and loud and clear voices.

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I finally remembered from last time the answer to the Hallowe'en question (being from the other side of the Pond, I wouldn't have known).

Fourth place (for now anyway) will do nicely! [Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by lily pad:

As for the Hallowe'en question, it is dead easy if you chanted that phrase every year. For me, the question reminds me of the pure joy of hollering it with big grins on our faces and loud and clear voices.

Ah, there's the problem. As piglet says, if you're from across the pond the question is totally perplexing.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Presumably it is supposed to be a rhyme, that is how I remember it.

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

lily pad
Shipmate
# 11456

- Posted      Profile for lily pad   Email lily pad   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Trick or treat
Smell my feet
Give me somethin'
Good to eat.

With the later addition of:
If you don't
I don't care
I'll pull down your
Underwear!

Sorry, you just had to be there. We used to practically yell it at full voice and collapse in laughter - over and over and over again. So much fun!

--------------------
Sloppiness is not caring. Fussiness is caring about the wrong things. With thanks to Adeodatus!

Posts: 2468 | From: Truly Canadian | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

There was a question about London!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
There was a question about London!

Was that London, Ontario?

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10, but not very far up the table due to antediluvian computer.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I regret to inform you that this Sunday the Guessometer overheated.

It is currently prostrate with cold cloths on the back of its battery case. Soon I will begin giving him sips of Glenlivet.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Is the Guessometer dead? Wow. Sunday is not usually so horrible for me, quizwise. [Frown]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The questions weren't so terrible but the internet blip that I hit meant I am [considerably] slower than Pete!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

I do love playing early on and basking in being first (for about 10 minutes)

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I always get that TV one wrong [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, HA - ******* 'murcan television questions!

[Mad]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Me too, HA - ******* 'murcan television questions!

[Mad]

[Mad]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 because I answered with what I thought they thought was the correct answer. Is question 9 a real thing?

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

On what planet was Tuesday's quiz "harder"?

10/10 in 43 seconds ... [Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I quite agree with you , piglet. As for today's, whatever happened to Marvin?

[Devil]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016