homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 66)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... whatever happened to Marvin?

[Devil]

I don't know - maybe he got his Johns mixed up, like me. [brick wall]

New page - here's the link.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I did TOO click an answer, and the right one to boot. [Frown]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If only I knew more about American Presidents!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Message to self:

Suddenly graspinging on to a stray and un-quiz-related thought halfway through the quiz does not enhance my time!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gah! The faster I try to be the more I hesitate, press the wrong buttons and re read the questions!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
10/10 in 33 seconds may be a new personal best!

[Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They might as well ask me about golf on the moon...
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done Guessometer - another hugely ethnocentric question right when really I had no idea.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I tripped up on another type of question. The Guessometer had no data bank on which it could draw.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer I love you! Mwah!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh...dear...
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lovely little Guessometer! Temporarily on top. [Smile]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hang in there, jj --- You're lookin' good [Smile]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wait until Marvin and Ariston get here, though!

Maybe they're busy today. [Biased]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Won two in a row! [Big Grin]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Must learn something about sports if I ever want to be top! Oh and get faster fingers, whose can I nick? [Snigger]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

orfeo

Ship's Musical Counterpoint
# 13878

- Posted      Profile for orfeo   Author's homepage   Email orfeo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thought it was about time to turn up again...

...oh look, first place for now.

*walks off casually, whistling*

--------------------
Technology has brought us all closer together. Turns out a lot of the people you meet as a result are complete idiots.

Posts: 18173 | From: Under | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer knows just as little about 'murcan films and TV as I do.

Unfortunately. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I see three Hell Hosts at the top. Looks suspicious to me~
[Biased]

[Eyes, ears, all the same. [Roll Eyes] ]

[ 20. May 2014, 23:21: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Well, they are SHADY characters!

[Okay, I'll take my coat and go.]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I remembered the name of the bloke on the radio show that I'd never heard of until I started doing these quizzes, and consequently got 10/10.

[Yipee]

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I changed the radio show question from the right to wrong answer and dithered for ages doing. Gah.

Always be decisive. At least if the answer is wrong you'll still be speedy.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Didn't know the itchy feet one!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer was absolutely smokin' today - I wonder what Pete's been feeding it with ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I just feed him what he smuggles out of your place! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I was speeding along great 'til I hit the Editor question. (Oinkster)

--------------------
Oinkster

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
I just feed him what he smuggles out of your place! [Big Grin]

So that's where the GIN went.

Pearlie, I was wondering who "Oinkster" was ... [Biased]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Clowns are scary. That's all I'm going to say.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I got 10 on the Bible quiz.

Blessed be Guessometer
Blessed be his shining face

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Rats. Durn movies again.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I quite obviously know nothing about the most boring and over-rated sport in the world!

I like that about myself!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I don't know on which planet that quiz ranked as "harder". [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One on which people don't read the questions quite carefully enough.

Like this one.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

There is one irritating question when I want to respond "None of the above" because a person's name is consistently mis-spelled.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Yes indeedy - it annoys me every time but their complaints system doesn't work so...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Doing the quiz using a keypad instead of a mouse is a nightmare!

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Yay! Broke the 30 second mark for the first time ever [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 34 seconds may not be all that fast compared with the speed-merchants, but it's pretty damned quick for this disciple of Captain Slow. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It would appear I am the only one thus far today who does not know the Nightmare on Elm Street characters.

[Paranoid]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am the same Japes. For your enjoyment today's quiz is subtitled "obscure Hollywood movies". Well it isn't but it should be. No less than four (count 'em) film questions. Plus two books which have been made into films. Plus one US TV personality.

Not a good day.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For once I seem to be fractionally more on target with my guessing, apart from the one which I did completely at random without even reading the options!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

[Big Grin] [Eek!]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I thought I might have got 6 or 7 and actually got 9!!

Thank you, O Blessed Guessometer.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

I thought I'd take over that responsibility for you. No thanks needed. Glad to be useful. [Snigger]

--------------------
Oinkster

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Bum!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

What a darling little Guessometer!
jj pats the top of its shiny self

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think we must have tired it out - it worked fine for me until I got to the Greek goddess and then it gave up.

Still, could be worse ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

^ what he said.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What they both said...

Moral of this Sunday's Quiz: Do not tackle the Quiz before first coffee of the day, even on a Sunday. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016