homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 67)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My knowledge of Bad Kings is sadly lacking ... [Frown]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Another appalling time - roll on getting a proper computer again with a mouse!

Here is the link!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heck, weasel, even I beat you today!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Shame! The Shame!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Second place with 36 seconds? Where have all the speed-merchants gone? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My knowledge of American trivia is sadly lacking [Frown]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caught out by a cartoon. [Razz]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stejjie
Shipmate
# 13941

- Posted      Profile for Stejjie   Author's homepage   Email Stejjie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yikes, top!! Some lucky guesses, there (I mean, erm, it's all pure skill... honest...)

--------------------
A not particularly-alt-worshippy, fairly mainstream, mildly evangelical, vaguely post-modern-ish Baptist

Posts: 1117 | From: Urmston, Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another non-reader/watcher of American cartoons - but at least I beat Pete!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Same frickin' cartoon. Never watched it.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I don't have a TV, so would be disadvantaged even if it was British!

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
Another non-reader/watcher of American cartoons ...

... and another. [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I still know the square root of bugger all about movies!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The movie was one of the ones I knew! I really like that film, we rented it a while ago as my husband likes psychological thrillers.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:

Me too, Wodders - except this time I was quite sure that I did know the answer.

Wrong! [brick wall]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knew them all but a stressfull day means longer thinking time!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Never even heard of that one.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A proper computer, a mouse and a half decent time!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Benificences be upon the blessèd Guessometer for remembering the answer to the 'Murcan TV question from last time it came up. [Yipee]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All I'm saying is that if they made that movie, I'd go and see it.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I took the quiz just to see what you were talking abut.

Me, too. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bother, missed the quiz yesterday (too busy being mauled by hospital folk in the morning and shocking the Smudgelet by how long it is possible to sleep after being given a sedative!). I can see I am going to have to be extra speedy and accurate in my guessing for the rest of the month if I am to maintain my place on the leader board.

So what was the suggested movie then, Ariston?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A sad warning of what happens when you don't read the question!----->me!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
So what was the suggested movie then, Ariston?

The Muppets Take Hoboken, But Then Promptly Return It

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I would absolutely watch the hell out of that.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My answer to the Noah/ark question didn't register. I was crushed to see that because I would have had 10 for 10 on a Sunday. I want everyone to know this! sob...sob...sob [Waterworks]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Good little Guessometer! Saved my bacon again!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and mine!

Terrible time though - back to the laptop with the touchpad - AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

And a real gift today - two questions with the same answer - and blessings on little Guessie for his help with that Murkan question.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Clever, clever little guessometer.

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Fourth place, 10/10 and faster than a speeding weasel - I'll take that! [Big Grin]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Pfff! Cultural references I know nothing about [Mad]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Fourth place, 10/10 and faster than a speeding weasel - I'll take that! [Big Grin]

As soon as I am on Proper Computer and away from this darned touchpad I shall be streaking ahead again...

...well, erm, possibly.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pride cometh before a fall - lousy score in a lousy time but in my defence there were some lousy questions!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Yay! Number one for a few seconds!!!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

What the blazes is a nickelodeon?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think in this sense it's a channel for kids' TV shows that people like us have never seen.

The Guessometer and I are equally undereducated in the manner of 'Murcan films and TV. [Frown]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

There was an English version of the kid's show which my kids loved!
First for the moment, it won't last but am feeling tip-top right now [Yipee]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

I'm enjoying second place. [Big Grin]

Where is our Quizzing Martian?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think he has been on Cricket Tour this week then is heading to London for the funeral today.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Today I caught the Guessometer on one of his rock-fan days. God bless!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
I think he has been on Cricket Tour this week then is heading to London for the funeral today.

I knew that. [brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Reading the question really helps - or would have done if I had done it!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 and in the top 10!

Clever Guessometer! [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In the lead for the moment - but only because I am first to play.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Changed a right guess to a wrong one. [Mad]

What would a good Anglican like me know about gospel singers/preachers anyway? [Confused]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bloomin' turtles!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Inherent qualities of gemstones? Cobblers!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I agree that it's probably cobblers, but at least I guessed it correctly. [Big Grin]

eta: even if I wasted precious seconds thinking, "what the dickens are they on about?"

[ 17. June 2014, 13:54: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

There were at least two of those where the actual answer would be the opposite of the "right" answer. Of course, when it comes to The Quiz, my principles can take a hike.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016