homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 71)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Miriam Carlin's hubby?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[URLhttp://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=91490]link[/URL]

[ 20. September 2014, 20:47: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Fourth place - blessèd be the Guessometer!

Second place, and even more so. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks to the guessometer I got a 10/10.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too, WW (and somewhat faster than you). [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

WW reaches for his serenity...

OM...

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place, and only four seconds behind the leader! Where have all the speed-merchants gone?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Third place, and only four seconds behind the leader! Where have all the speed-merchants gone?

[Big Grin]

Well, one is back.
Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sharkshooter! It's good to see you here and in Heaven! [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think I'm quite proud to only get 8/10 today!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Not half as proud as I am to be in first place! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Crikey - the air's a bit thin up here ... [Big Grin]

PS Hello Sharkshooter!

[ 29. August 2014, 12:59: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi. I thought I might try to visit once in a while and see how it goes.

[Smile]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
1. WTF with the song lyrics?
2. FTFY, Piglet.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Ariston:
... FTFY, Piglet.

Ratbag! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The poor score was all my own but the poor time was an internet glitch, honest.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I have on occasions known the answers to questions 9 and 10, but unfortunately today was not one of those occasions.

[brick wall]

--------------------

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Argh! Argh! Argh!

I thought that would be the answer but I couldn't believe it was that long ago. Dagnabbit.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm takibg a bit of time off the Quiz - I'm on holiday and dependent on my m-i-l's laptop, which is bad enough for ordinary use, let alone for the quiz.

However, I couldn't resist the temptation to point out that I came 9th in the August top 10, which I haven't graced with my presence for ages.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Just Me
Shipmate
# 14937

- Posted      Profile for Just Me     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How'd so many of you get them all right?

They were hard!

J

Posts: 104 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The internet glitch continues but my brain still works with its usual aplomb!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I really must learn to lock the door when doing the quiz so as to stop people wandering in and asking questions and interrupting!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WooHoo! Squeaked into first place! [Yipee]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

On top until the younger folks with faster fingers show up to play. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In what alternate world of mis-spelling would Saturday's quiz be considered Harder?

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh God, now I need to study the colours of packaging [Eek!]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
Oh God, now I need to study the colours of packaging [Eek!]

^this - and I haven't actually bought that sugar-laden abomination in 2 decades

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer helped me with number 10! [Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was on the list for "Q 10 Help", but poor Guessometer was exhausted before s/he got to me.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Must remember to listen to the OT lessons more... [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Another easy Harder middle of the night quiz

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

There seems to be a bit of an obsession with a physical peculiarity which one famous dynasty could have done with!

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How is a question about a US TV show that was canned nearly half a century ago easy?

(as you might guess, I've never heard of Gilligan's Island)

Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Crap spouted by Signaller:
How is a question about a US TV show that was canned nearly half a century ago easy?

(as you might guess, * 've never heard of Gilligan's Island)

Amurricans write the quizzes. Other than that, they want to do nothing else than watch ** year old repeats because with the new trend in reality TV and cop shows ad nauseum there is nothing else interesting to watch.

Given my age, * remember Gilligan's Island in its first run. It was boring then, too.

Da plane, Da plane

[ 18. September 2014, 15:08: Message edited by: PeteC ]

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lots of words - no content, hmmmm

DT
Circstyx Host

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cheeky Monkey!

Here comes the boomerang.

Barnabas62
Purg Host Jekyll mode

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Crap spouted by PeteC:
quote:
Crap spouted by Signaller:

(as you might guess, * 've never heard of Gilligan's Island)

Amurricans write the quizzes. Other than that, they want to do nothing else than watch ** year old repeats because with the new trend in reality TV and cop shows ad nauseum there is nothing else interesting to watch.

Given my age, * remember Gilligan's Island in its first run. It was boring then, too.

Da plane, Da plane

Pete, Pete, and Re-Pete! You're all mixed up about those TV shows. Da Plane! Da Plane! had nothing to do with Gilligan's Island. It was from Love Island, or something like that. Hosted by a guy with a "foreign" accent, whose main job was selling cars that had rich Corinthian naugahyde seats.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's Fantasy Island, another show that * 've never seen an episode, and so have no earthly idea why * know about it.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Islands are islands, innit? Probably the same set too.

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You guys! Really? Rick-rolling?

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please give me up Rick! Am missing my quiz fix!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Crap spouted by Tree Bee:

Have you tried using links on previous pages? [Biased]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
quote:
Crap spouted by Tree Bee:

Have you tried using links on previous pages? [Biased]
No! [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Guessometer working beautifully, speedometer not quite so much.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Now we need to have specialist knowledge of Mr Schwarzenegger's oeuvre!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

There certainly are specialist questions on films and actors. A lot of people - I could mention names, but it would get me in trouble -here on the Ship enjoy film trivia*. Not my bag (not being even remotely interested in films) but on that particular question, The Guessometer came up spades for me.

*film freaks, I call them when I am being charitable. I get even more alliterative when I am not charitable.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It worked on that one for me too. [Smile]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Another instance of a question about some entirely US scandal no one on the right side of the pond would have a chance with.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

If it's any comfort, L'organist, I only knew the answer to the scandal question by remembering it from the last time it came up.

Does anyone else find it a bit worrying that a quiz rated as "harder" begins with a question like Q.1?

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

You mean the question that you balk at for a few seconds because there has to be a trick in there somewhere—has to be?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Yes, now you mention it.

As for today, ******* 'murcan television programmes! [Mad]

[ 24. September 2014, 13:14: Message edited by: piglet ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016