homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 72)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you oh lovely guessometer! State capitals of a foreign country [Ultra confused]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quiz link. Don't forget your Guessometer bribes.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tortuf? Zero correct? On an Easy quiz? And it took you 63 seconds?
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonah the Whale:
Tortuf? Zero correct? On an Easy quiz? And it took you 63 seconds?

It took a while to make sure I got them all wrong. Some of them were tricky you know.
Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blessèd be the Guessometer for knowing more about card games* than I do.

* In this particular case, that wouldn't be hard ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I hate finishing 11th - on track for third day in a row.
[Frown]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Waterworks] I shoulda listened to the Guessometer! It certainly poked me hard enough!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
[Frown]

Fear not. I'll play a few. [Big Grin]

What's a guessometer?

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
quote:
Originally posted by sharkshooter:
[Frown]

Fear not. I'll play a few. [Big Grin]

What's a guessometer?

An amazingly useful thing, unless it fails you like it did me today.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evensong:
What's a guessometer?

It's what we use when we don't know the answer. Unfortunately, sometimes it doesn't either. Like today. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
...and I didn't need it at all today!

[Cool]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But Dayem ya'll are quick!

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thank you darling, little Guessometer!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Referee!

Fast and loose on definitions of 'charity', not to mention operating on massively out of date info.

Not that I'm bitter because I got it right then changed my mind before submitting. Oh no. Not at all. In the slightest.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7!!! I've never got that few before!!!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
They were very ethnocentric questions and about obscure, to a Brit, sports.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
They were very ethnocentric questions and about obscure, to a Brit, sports.

Yep. I'm not even slightly bothered that I got such a low score on that quiz. Not even a little bit. Honest.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Whew! Guessometer is a star today!

*slips the Guessometer a box of Krispy Kremes*

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Geez, no wonder the poor thing vomited! It is only used to the finest Tim Horton doughnuts. Still I did well to get 8 since I know SBA about state nicknames and college football.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I honestly had no idea what they were talking about in most of those questions [Ultra confused]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
... I did well to get 8 since I know SBA about state nicknames and college football.

Ditto, except with me it was Native American gods and college football.

******* 'murcan questions ... [Mad]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not to worry, a few of those are obscure even to Americans; if I didn't know people who went to the school in question (it's not a big one, nor is it well known for sports), wouldn't have known that answer.

Today, everyone is feeding the Guessometer.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...and they still can't spell the GANDHI right!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I hate them for that. I mean, how difficult is it? And they don't accept corrections

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

You're all a bunch of bloody entertainment trivia freaks!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Argh! Confused my Toms!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

An internet glitch means I end up slower than Pete!

The shame! The shame!

[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some lucky film guesses there.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
An internet glitch means I end up slower than Pete!

The shame! The shame!

[Hot and Hormonal]

You call it an internet glitch, I say that you're slowing down, old fella

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

Okay, so I'm better at Ancient Greek history than modern American [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Alicïa
Shipmate
# 7668

- Posted      Profile for Alicïa   Email Alicïa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
to be in 2nd place at this point makes me feel like I played a different game to everyone else and there has been some kind of internet glitch. I felt like I was getting them all wrong. [Snigger]

--------------------
"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world." Georgia Elma Harkness

Posts: 884 | From: Where the Art is. | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Murrican fillums I never heard of!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Well, apparently I don't know anything about sweets!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Murrican fillums I never heard of!

... me neither.

And 'murrican sweets ditto. And a brainfart. And a Guessometer malfunction, and a computer mouse with arthritis.

Why I'm not propping up the leader-board from underneath is one of Life's Little Mysteries™

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another internet glitch - I feel I have no option but to blame Pete.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

If you keep doing that he might not let you borrow the Guessometer. [Big Grin]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Bother, ticked the right one, then changed it!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Wasn't particularly harder this fine morning. I wonder if weasel will blame me today?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I see Pete has, at least temporarily, lifted the curse he put on my internet connection so I achieved a decent-ish time.

Thank you.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Pete, how do you feel about putting it back? He was faster than me today. [Snigger]

I'll feed the Guessometer while you're away ... [Smile]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Pete, how do you feel about putting it back? He was faster than me today... [Smile]

[Snigger]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

There were so many good choices for #3. The correct answer was the least realistic.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by piglet:
Pete, how do you feel about putting it back? He was faster than me today. [Snigger]

I'll feed the Guessometer while you're away ... [Smile]

...and today I was the loser by one lousy second!

But it's okay, I don't mind, it's only me, I don't ask much out of life.

[ [Waterworks] & bottom lip quivering]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

My knowledge on the romantic entanglements of Hollywood film stars over 10 years ago is sadly lacking [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Heartily agree with the above sentiment

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
My knowledge on the romantic entanglements of Hollywood film stars over 10 years ago is sadly lacking [Roll Eyes]

Is that who they were?

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too, but my guessometer worked. If somewhat slowly.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I broke 50 seconds! [Eek!]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Uncle Pete, that is surely because you have become your true self! [Big Grin]

[changed a word]

[ 10. October 2014, 11:54: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Snuck into the top 10, but with 37 seconds on a very easy day that won't last. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016