homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 74)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn! I got a food question wrong!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The same one I did, I think. In other news if it weren't for the valiant little guessie, I might have had only 5 right!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Don't forget to pack the guessometer.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You beauty!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Two things have I learned today:

1) Always, always, always go for the obvious answer

2) That last question: the setter clearly has a limited imagination as to what can happen whilst doing the correct answer [Devil]

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
weasel, are you quite well? [Confused]

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm okay, but I'm not sure about my new modem!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fourth place - that'll do. [Smile]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I scrolled right past one question, ding-dang it. And my time was speedy, too. (for me)

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not the slowest!

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love it when the Guessometer makes me change a wrong answer to a right one.

[Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doop de doo, reading the questions is ever so important...

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
One of the nice things, one of the BEST things about the quiz is seeing a friend way below yourself on the scorecard!

[Killing me] [Two face]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

There was a movie question and I had to consult the Guessometer.

pats guessometer on the head

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I am rather pleased to announce that I know nothing whatsoever about the Simpsons and have no desire to do so either. [Big Grin]

So, Weasel, it must be so nice to know that you have, after all, got a friend [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
I am rather pleased to announce that I know nothing whatsoever about the Simpsons and have no desire to do so either ...

Me neither, Smudgie, but thankfully the Guessometer does. And it remembered the answer to the film question after whispering it to Uncle Pete ... [Smile]

Clever little Guessometer! [Overused]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mr. Guess just sat there smugly, letting me go ahead and change a right answer to a wrong. Thanks a whole lot.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
How bizarre, my ipad screen retained a block from the previous page and obscured 2 questions [Ultra confused]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Pearl B4 Swine:
Mr. Guess just sat there smugly, letting me go ahead and change a right answer to a wrong ...

It was on its way over to me, making me change a wrong to a right ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

Hey- I only play this quiz so I can snuggle up to Uncle Pete. Fate often throws us together. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Oinkster

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Knowing the answer is good. Clicking on it would also be quite a good idea.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Standing at the top for a moment or two...

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now number two (we try harder). Thanks Ariston! [Razz]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Slower than Pete - how embarrassing [Hot and Hormonal]

But then there was an internet glitch and it is 04.30.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

But you beat me by only one second today. Are you going to use those same old tired excuses?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I noticed you are appearing to speed up in your dotage - new mouse? Or is the new laptop that much better than the Acer?

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Miles apart from that and my desktop.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I changed a wrong to a right today, but it took time, so although I'm in the top 10 at the moment, I shouldn't think it'll last.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

...to say nothing og beating me by 1 second!

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My time would be much quicker if I put my glasses on before doing the quiz [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

To take the limelight away from my score today can I draw your attention to Uncle Pete's rather appropriate score?

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
To take the limelight away from my score today can I draw your attention to Uncle Pete's rather appropriate score?

Er, I did notice, what occurred ?
Amazeballs that I'm top, I was going really slowly!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
... can I draw your attention to Uncle Pete's rather appropriate score?

The number of the Beast? [Devil]

What happened to you - did the door-bell ring or something?

I'm grateful to the Guessometer for knowing a lot more about modern pop-ladies than I do. I may have been slow* but I was accurate.

* It's all relative ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The internet had a blip just as I tried to open today's quiz and remained blipped so I went for a bit of nap...

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

I never remember the answer to that last one!

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
I never remember the answer to that last one!

Me neither!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That's because I was busy feeding the Guessometer, and it knew ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Weird question and even weirder, blatantly incorrect answer!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Was that the "where to put the quiz" question? Very weird indeed.

The Guessometer came up trumps though, putting me in fifth place. [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I think the Guessometer doesn't care for the special treats I've been giving it.

Must get a better brand of GIN.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

It's nice to see a new question even if I did get the answer wrong!

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Must get a better brand of GIN.

Why do you think it likes me so much?

Exactly. This and the Fernet.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's partial to a drop of Highland Park as well. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Re the trivia bit to Q10 world champion of WHAT?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Having completed the quiz it is helpful to press the Submit my answers button before gazing off into space!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Well that was a novel excuse for having a worse time than me. Getting inventive in your dotage, aintcha?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I could have done with WW's help today - I suspect he knows a little more than I do* about Hindu gods.

* i.e. something. [Frown]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Guessometer works, quiz website doesn't.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

But, but, but..I did answer that one! [Frown]

That would have put me on the top of the list.

Rats.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I know exactly how you feel, jj
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016