homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 81)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ever seen a quizzly bear in the wild? Here's your chance!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
WTF - I even got a question right about a ball game!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sports - pff [Confused]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fourth place! [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Third place today! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] First place on a Bible Sunday [Yipee]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Blessèd be the Guessometer, which nudged me gently in the ribs when I was going to click on the wrong answer to the film question.

[Overused]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
Blessèd be the Guessometer, which nudged me gently in the ribs when I was going to click on the wrong answer to the film question.

[Overused]

Me, too!
Who's a good little Guessometer, then? Sweet little thing!

[Changed the last phrase] [Help]

[ 11. May 2015, 17:38: Message edited by: jedijudy ]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sadly, it hasn't seen the film in today's quiz, and it gets just as confused as I do between Greek and Roman gods.

[Frown]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
30 seconds? Today? Really? It was not that easy, people. I got lucky on a couple.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Another chuffing question about another chuffing film I've never seen.

[Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guessometer tried to tell me. [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I managed to miss an entire question - I can't remember the last time I did that.

Had a fairly catastrophic effect on my ranking ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some obscure questions today

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Posts: 2831 | From: Trumpington | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
Some obscure questions today

Indeed. Questions 4 and 6 might have been written in a foreign language.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone had to break rank. At least, it was a movie question [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
weasel, what happened to you today?? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm back* and, having remembered the name of the bologna bloke from the last time the question came up, have snuck into fifth place. [Yipee]

* There was no point in trying to do the quiz on my mother-in-law's laptop - I'd have run out of swear words. [Devil]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place! [Yipee]

I love it when the Guessometer gives me a wee nudge and tells me I've clicked the wrong answer ...

... and tells me what the right answer is. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place from the wrong end today - how the hell am I supposed to know the heights of historical leaders of a foreign country?

[Mad]

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Third place from the wrong end today - how the hell am I supposed to know the heights of historical leaders of a foreign country?

[Mad]

Quite.

There is no monotony about my efforts this month, lots of 7s and 8s to counteract the gloriousness of two wins.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Unfortunately the Guessometer hasn't read Moby Dick either. [Frown]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Neither have I read Moby Dick, but the ship's name came lurching out of my memory of Cliff's Notes®

Which is probably more information than you need of my reading of boring novels in High School, when I lived closer to the edge. My English marks reflected this.

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You had boring novels? We had Sir Walter Scott. [Snore]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I suggest that the proper answer to the last Q would be none of them [Snigger]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Difficult one today. 9 right with a lot of guesswork!

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

jedijudy

# 333

Top of the heap...for a few minutes! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Not content with 'Murcan film and TV questions (which I guessed correctly) they have to put in a question about a minor official in a place I've never heard of (which I didn't).

[Mad]

[ 08. June 2015, 13:17: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

- Posted      Profile for Heavenly Anarchist   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Not content with 'Murcan film and TV questions (which I guessed correctly) they have to put in a question about a minor official in a place I've never heard of (which I didn't).

[Mad]

Got that one but failed on the TV series.

--------------------
'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.' Douglas Adams
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

jedijudy

# 333

Those durn 'Murican questions.
Oh. Yeah. [Frown]
*sigh* Thanks to the Guessometer, I only got one wrong instead of three. Maybe I should hand in my card.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NDE?

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Heavenly Anarchist
Shipmate
# 13313

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
NDE?

Me too [Confused]

--------------------
Dog Activity Monitor
My shop

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I haven't been involved with this for a while so thought I'd give it a try.

Still got it ! [Razz]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

quote:
Originally posted by Heavenly Anarchist:
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
NDE?

Me too [Confused]
Read the question category: NDE - Near Death Experience

[ 09. June 2015, 13:55: Message edited by: Uncle Pete ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm slow enough without reading the question categories ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
I'm slow enough without reading the question categories ... [Big Grin]

Quite so!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Clever Guessometer, knowing about fil-lums that I didn't, and propelling me into sixth place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes - I remember the days of questions which take 5 times longer to read than to choose the answer.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Quickest but wrongest. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

jedijudy

# 333

I believe the Guessometer is broken. Really, really broken. [Frown]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

Worked fine for me! And boy did I need it [Biased]

--------------------
tessaB
Holiday cottage near Rye

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
I believe the Guessometer is broken. Really, really broken. [Frown]

It's not broken - it obviously has about as much interest in baseball as I do, i.e. none.

muttermutter'murcanquestionsmuttermuttermumble

--------------------

TurquoiseTastic

Fish of a different color
# 8978

- Posted      Profile for TurquoiseTastic   Email TurquoiseTastic   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arrrgh misclick misclick [Waterworks]
Posts: 1092 | From: Hants., UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

gah - superstitious nonsense

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Aaaaaaaaand ... we're back on pocket-lint.

[Ultra confused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Someone must have given the Guessometer a tune up! Thanks to the wee, dear thing, I am at the top. (For now!) [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think you must have worn it out, JJ - it didn't know the middle name of the woman I'd never heard of either. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Young Ariston, he with the lightening swift brain and nimble fingers, has knocked me from the top of the pile.

So Piglet, the Guessometer's help on that same question went for naught. Maybe there should be a Whippersnapper lightening quiz and an old fogey's strolling quiz! [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
... Maybe there should be a Whippersnapper lightening quiz and an old fogey's strolling quiz! [Razz]

I often think that, but just occasionally, young Ariston lets his speed get the better of him and gets a question wrong.

Not very often though ... [Frown]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Never understood algebra. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016