homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 83)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cartoons . . . . .BAAAAAH

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Blessed be the Guessometer! [Yipee]

And here we go again.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
I was a bit rubbish today. Not quite the most rubbish, but a bit. [Devil]

That would be me! (So far.)

[Hot and Hormonal] I think it's my worst ever.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Feckitty feck.

One right guess changed to a wrong one (what the heck am I supposed to know about country singers? [Mad] ) and one just wrong.

Ho hum.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Somebody has to be at the bottom of the list. Might as well be me!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not today, Judy. Not today [brick wall]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I seem to be having a good month. Might as well brag while it lasts.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well done, little Guessometer! Two correct guesses today!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy Guessometer! (Monday)

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'll join in a toast to the Guessometer, which took me to third place - for now anyway. [Smile]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

OK, the Guessometer is a bit less helpful when it comes to a load of b*ll*cks about psychology.

[Confused]

It didn't help that I changed a right guess to a wrong one ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
OK, the Guessometer is a bit less helpful when it comes to a load of b*ll*cks about psychology.

[Confused]

It didn't help that I changed a right guess to a wrong one ... [Hot and Hormonal]

Indeed. How random was that?

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Rogue
Shipmate
# 2275

- Posted      Profile for The Rogue   Email The Rogue   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You fell into the psychological trap.

--------------------
If everyone starts thinking outside the box does outside the box come back inside?

Posts: 2507 | From: Toton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have I ever said how much I hate actor/actress questions?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You may have done, and when they're American and in films of which I've never heard, I absolutely agree with you.

[Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

The Guessometer was yelling loudly in my ear. I ignored the little darling. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Jonah, when you're finished with the Guessometer, would you please put it back underneath the third flower-pot from the left?

Thank you. [Devil]

[ 24. August 2015, 01:49: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

******* fil-lums! [Mad]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Holy Guessometers! I am on top. Granted only on top of weasel, and he did so poorly my jaw dropped, Still 10/10 doesn't come that often even though my time was horrible!

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks for passing me the guessometer Uncle Pete, it's on top form.
Who's next?

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Thanks for passing me the guessometer Uncle Pete, it's on top form.
Who's next?

Me! [Yipee]

It's not often you get into third place with 77 seconds ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Clever Guessometer, knowing about films that I've never seen! [Overused]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Dire showing today.

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

jedijudy

# 333

Well done, little Guessometer!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

WTF is that modern weather predictor mentioned in one of the questions - never heard of the answer. Is this an Yankee thing?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me neither, Pete - I thought the answer sounded as if it was something to do with billiards ... [Confused]

The Guessometer was spot on with question 10 though - what the ever-living heck was all that about? [Ultra confused]

--------------------

Snags
Utterly socially unrealistic
# 15351

- Posted      Profile for Snags   Author's homepage   Email Snags   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bastard, bastard, bastard guess-o-meter; I would have had 10/10 today but changed an instinctive answer for one based on the SneakyFactor + guess-o-meter calibration.

For earlier readers, the device in question is indeed something pertinent to the USA, although they can be had in Blighty too. It's a foolish gizmo, essentially a toy. I think it's one of those cultural things one is simply supposed to know from having consumed sufficient American fiction and cinema.

--------------------
Vain witterings :-: Vain pretentions :-: The Dog's Blog(locks)

Posts: 1399 | From: just north of That London | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Oh, my! I'm still at the top!
Really expected to be dethroned by now.

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
well I should have played more at the weekends if I wanted to top the monthly leaderboard, just happy to be in the top 10 -

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Contrary computer. [Disappointed]
It had to think a long time before submitting my answers.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I love it when the Guessometer nudges me in the right direction. [Smile]

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I didn't mean to create my account as "nonprofit".... but there it is.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

dad blast those Murrican fillums I never done hearda.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
dad blast those Murrican fillums I never done hearda.

Indeed. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well that will knock me off the monthly standings pretty quickly! US state nicknames and culture [brick wall]

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Our dear Guessometer helped me once and led me astray once.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, JJ - I wonder if it was on the same questions?

I don't think I've ever seen a day before when nobody got 10/10 though ... [Help]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I wonder if it was the same question that all the 9ers got wrong

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bible trivia: should there not be a handicap system like with golf, so that the "pros" have to perform to a higher standard than us amateurs?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There's a good idea! [Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

'Murcan folklore? Stuff that for a lark! [Mad]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

praise be to the guessometer - he worked hard for me today

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I would have done it much quicker had not the Guessometer and I a long discussion about Question 10.

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

I didn't understand question 6 at all so I'm relieved that the guessometer did!

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Was that the one about some obscure 'Murcan sport? Worked for me too. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That Guessometer is getting better!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

I quite agree it is getting better. But my time would have been better on Sunday by about 20 seconds if my laptop hadn't pouted when I returned home from an away weekend.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Crikey - faster than a speeding weasel! Pass the oxygen ... [Yipee]

--------------------

tessaB
Shipmate
# 8533

- Posted      Profile for tessaB   Email tessaB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hmmmm, one of those is wrong. But, as they didn't have the right answer there I went for the wrongest of the wrong and guess what? It was wrong!

--------------------
tessaB
eating chocolate to the glory of God
Holiday cottage near Rye

Posts: 1068 | From: U.K. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

quote:
Originally posted by tessaB:
Hmmmm, one of those is wrong. But, as they didn't have the right answer there I went for the wrongest of the wrong and guess what? It was wrong!

Question 3? Me too! Wrong as a wrong thing is wrong! [Mad]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016