homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 86)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
******* 'murcan television. [Mad]

And movies!!!! [Frown]
Again. [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very difficult today , needed that guessometer, who's got it?

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Very difficult today , needed that guessometer, who's got it?

[Ultra confused]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Curséd fillums!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quiz link!

Guessometer tried so hard to tell me the right answer.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stuff that for a lark - ******* 'murcan television again! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That's better. I think 10/10 in 32 seconds might be a new personal best. [Smile]

Not that I'll stay very far up the leader-board when the questions are that easy though ...

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You were faster than me, Piglet!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Read the damn question, you idiot!

[Mad]

mumbles, grumbles

--------------------

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Third place - that'll do nicely. [Smile]

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just want to say my competition is not with any of you, but with the equipment I am using. If it will let me do anything in under a minute, it's working extremely well!

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
More movies. Yuck.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Indeed. Yuck² [Mad]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So nice to be top of the leaderboard, if only for a few minutes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I love it when I change a wrong answer to a right one. And when I'm faster than a speeding weasel ... [Snigger]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 31 seconds! New PB!! [Yipee]

One day, I might even break the half-minute barrier ...

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
TodayThe Speeding Weasel is, quite frankly, completely gobsmacked that he got 10/10 - The Holy Guessometer has been at work again!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Well done, Wodders!
Oops. I have temporarily taken your spot, but number two is praise-worthy!

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

I changed a right answer to a wrong one. Oops.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Oxygen! Pass the oxygen!* [Yipee]

* until the speed-merchants get here, obviously ... [Paranoid]

PS Sorry WW and JJ [Big Grin]

[ 15. February 2016, 14:09: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sorry, I'm not sure that sorry cuts it really!

[Big Grin]

The peril of taking a nap mid-morning is not being the first to play so missing my top spot.

[Waterworks]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I love it when the Guessometer knows things about Americans of whom I've never heard.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No idea how I just came top. [Ultra confused]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My ignorance of sickly confectionery was my downfall [Waterworks]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

I think my times would be better if the 'puter didn't take so long to load the quiz. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
... One day, I might even break the half-minute barrier ...

Today is that day!!! 10/10 in 29 seconds!

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer was really rocking today - if in doubt, select the actress you've heard of ... [Yipee]

[ 01. March 2016, 13:34: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed, good old guessometer got three out of three today. All I need now is a speedometer to go with the guessometer.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

So could I, JtW - Friday's fluke was just that - a fluke. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I think today's the first time I've ever actually been faster than Ariston. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Changed a right guess to a wrong one. I don't even know what chuffing sport they play, let alone where they play it.

Except for the purposes of this quiz, neither do I care.

[Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Three of us with the same time at the top, for right now!

I couldn't go one second faster? [Biased]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Make that four. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The internet is still on an intermittent go slow here so I am posting some truly appalling times - but going first most days I often get to see myself as top of the table...

...bottom too, but we don't talk about that!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Would you mind putting the Guessometer back once you've finished with it? I could have done with it for the ******* fil-lum question. [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Good job, Guessometer!

--------------------

Beenster
Shipmate
# 242

- Posted      Profile for Beenster   Email Beenster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This looks fun - someone has to come in last as well!
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
Good job, Guessometer!

Too right - I even managed Habakkuk and Nebuchadnezzar ... [Eek!]

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Chess and fil-lums - not a happy piglet. [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Good grief. Had to ask the Guessometer's help on half of the questions today. Or perhaps more than half? [Eek!]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I needed it for at least half as well and, bless its little cotton socks, it only got one wrong! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Get in! Who's next for this fabulous little guessometer?

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You all used it up before I could get there. Mind you hoping for it to get eight for me might have been asking a bit much!
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Oh glorious day! Briefly on top!

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

Mercan currency was my downfall. [Frown]

--------------------
— Woody Guthrie

jedijudy

# 333

Two times the Guessometer clicked the correct answer. Two times I unclicked then clicked the wrong ones.
Guessometer Knows Best.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

The difference with me was that I listened to Guessy. But my computer was sluggish so I had a truly awful time.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I, too, was at one with the blessèd Guessometer, and while my time wasn't spectacular, I managed third place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

37 seconds and I'm still the slowest of the 10/10s.

Hmph. [Disappointed]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Sitting at the bottom, looking way up high at Weasel and Uncle Pete. Halloooo up there!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016