homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 88)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stuff the Guessometer - it was just as rubbish today as I was (although I did change a right guess to a wrong one).

Fil-lums, 'Murcan TV and chess - NOT my favourite categories. [brick wall]

Piglet, gazing wistfully upwards ... [Disappointed]

eta: Test the Guessometer here

[ 10. May 2016, 14:14: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Piglet:
...'Murcan TV...

Indeed! [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hang on a minute - my excuse is not being American. What's yours? [Devil]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Probably not watching typical American programming! [Hot and Hormonal]

Most likely sleeping or playing my piano rather than watch what all the cool people watched.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm delighted to report that the Guessometer and I are back on speaking terms, as (unlike me) it knows what a Power Puff Girl is.

[Overused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Lovely little Guessometer knows things that I don't!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Blessèd be the name of the Guessometer, for it knoweth things about Old Testament ladies of whom I know not.

[Overused]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My thanks once again to the Guessometer for guiding me through the murky depths of 'Murcan television.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay for the guessometer!

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
*&!# Murrican 'sports' [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Nice try, Guessometer. Two good guesses. You failed me on the [Mad] [Disappointed] [Mad] British history one!!!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Usually I'd be right with you, L'Organist, but today the Guessometer was utterly faultless on 'Murcan sports.

Sadly, not so on square roots. [Frown]

eta: JJ, it'll make up for all the 'Murcan sport questions ... [Devil]

[ 17. May 2016, 13:26: Message edited by: Piglet ]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessometer tried to tell me. I am a dodo brain.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Read the question, Piglet, you idiot. [brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

'Murcan television again ... [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

quote:
Read the question, Piglet, you idiot. [brick wall]

That goes for the jedi, too. [brick wall]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The Guessometer reads the Bible for this week's questions!

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It does indeed, and even nudged me away from the paths of unrighteousness and into second place.

[Yipee]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So now, as well as the cursed D*sney films, we need knowledge of Murrican eatery chains [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm grateful to the Guessometer for knowing much more about both than I do. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So is today the day I come in last?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Did you take a tea-break in the middle? [Big Grin]

So far the bar seems to have been set fairly low: I'm in third place with 9/10 in 55 seconds.

One right guess, one wrong one on the fil-lums: I mean, who's going to remember some crummy actress in a film that's got Dustin Hoffmann in it? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, my internet connection is the one taking the tea break - again!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Second place! Old Testament Guessometer, thou dost verily rock! [Yipee]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was first on Saturday, apparently. How did that happen? The Guessometer overheated. I think this is the first time I have ever been first at the end of the day.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I love it when the Guessometer nudges me away from a wrong answer and towards a right one.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessometer was slow, but accurate today.
[Cool]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I appear to have reached the dizzying heights of No. 5 in the May Hall of Fame.

New personal best! [Yipee]

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I was ridiculously pleased to have come first in May - sure that won't happen again.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Way to go, Sarasa!!! [Overused]

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
When did you become Sarasa? Shows how often I read the boards these days I suppose.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Haha JJ, you are time-differentially-challenged. Too far west for a good score.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The last of the 34-ers!

I could do this at 0-dark-thirty, and beat everyone to the punch, but my score would be even more abysmal!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

&^%^#@* chess! [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Thank goodness for the Guessometer's knowledge of sports!!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

... not to mention 'Murcan television programmes of which I've never heard. [Big Grin]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
I appear to have reached the dizzying heights of No. 5 in the May Hall of Fame.

New personal best! [Yipee]

May was the first time I had more than 2 wins in a month, so 5 was quite unexpected especially when considering I missed some days.

June is not continuing the trend.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Am I the only one who has never watched that show?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Oxygen! Get me some oxygen! [Yipee]

OK, I know I won't be at the top for long, but the Guessometer was rocking today! [Smile]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
Oxygen! Get me some oxygen! [Yipee]

OK, I know I won't be at the top for long, but the Guessometer was rocking today! [Smile]

Sorry about that.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

No you're not. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer is smokin' hot today! [Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

No it bl**dy isn't. [Mad]

******* film I've never seen and some 'Murcan organisation I've never heard of - stuff that for a lark.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I don't think the Guessometer has seen that movie, either. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

There are certain biblical questions (usually in the Old Testament) in which the Guessometer always fails to nudge me in the right direction, and the fiery furnace is one of them.

Bugger. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

The Guessometer let me down. He knows I know next to nothing about sports. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It let me down too. You learn something new every day, and today I learned something about an American giant.

[Confused]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think that today I'm in with a chance of being last place!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Why do I always get that one wrong?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I feel the same about the one I got wrong today. [Frown]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016