homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 9)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Once more, with feeling!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Third place! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

Only a second behind Japes and Sir K. too. [Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

I won!! Second time I've managed it. [Big Grin]

[Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I may not have beaten many people today but I have beaten PeteC by a question and 50 seconds! One of those questions I get wrong in the same way every time - hopefully I will remember better next time.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
swithered over the 'suffering' question...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Posts: 906 | From: edinburgh | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Rosa Winkel

Saint Anger round my neck
# 11424

- Posted      Profile for Rosa Winkel   Author's homepage   Email Rosa Winkel   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think the Orthodox would disagree about one question there.

--------------------
The Disability and Jesus "Locked out for Lent" project

Posts: 3271 | From: Wrocław | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not last.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do not do quiz whilst watching Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy - just don't.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yeah well, American sports players was never really going to be my strong point....
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yay! I'm in fourth. The toothbrush question was silly, but I got it after considering two different answers.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ninth place - contented piglet. [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I am number one today, thus far though I failed the question about trees. This won't last, will it?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nope.

No idea how I got the last one, though.

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

- Posted      Profile for joan knox     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I also failed on the tree front...

--------------------
Jesus saves, Allah protects, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich

Antisocial Alto
Shipmate
# 13810

- Posted      Profile for Antisocial Alto   Email Antisocial Alto   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Got the trees, missed the actors. (Really, *he* won an Oscar?)
Posts: 601 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Antisocial Alto:
Got the trees, missed the actors. (Really, *he* won an Oscar?)

Me too. [Frown]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Got the trees and the actors; missed question 1.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Fourth and fast!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Tenth and quite fast but not as fast as him ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
First, for the moment - that's the advantage of living here where the switchover is at 11:50.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Damn you, Alto - I thought I had that one sewn up [Waterworks]

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

There's a reason why I only ever bother to try and come in second every month.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Last place is what happens when you shut down the game to take a phone call from some idiot in India who wants to extort more money from you just so you can see English football and HBO !

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

When I saw your placing I thought you must have been the victim of a massive technological brain-fart ... [Help]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[Eek!] I'm first and other folks have played, too!

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Welease Woderwick:
[Eek!] I'm first and other folks have played, too!

Oh, my dear weasel, I am soooooooooooooooo sorry [Big Grin]

(Incidentally, by "other folks", did you by any chance mean "Pete"?"

[ 24. March 2012, 08:25: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I stuttered on the Man of the Year question, but then I remembered that it had come up before and I got it right. I also took too much time on another question: I should have been faster! One of the worst scores with all correct...

{corrected to note that I was not as slow as I thought}

[ 24. March 2012, 18:42: Message edited by: Sir Kevin ]

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

Okay, wow. So much for me trying to beat Custard and get back into second . . .
That just . . . wow. I think that may be my worst performance ever. Good luck, everyone. This one's fun.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Guessed one wrong, changed one from correct to incorrect. [Frown] I usually bank on Sundays to keep my score semi-respectable. I shall now have to go and snivel in a corner.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I, on the other hand, am rarely respectable at all.

--------------------

joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

argh... last question wrong, got mixed up wi' me letters, like.

--------------------

Japes

Shipmate
# 5358

- Posted      Profile for Japes   Email Japes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joan knox:
argh... last question wrong, got mixed up wi' me letters, like.

Me too! One day, I'll remember the correct letter.

--------------------
Blog may or may not be of any interest.

Posts: 2013 | From: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Couple of inspired guesses, a couple not quite so inspired ...

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I'm surprised Jahlove didn't get all correct.

--------------------

The Weeder
Shipmate
# 11321

- Posted      Profile for The Weeder   Author's homepage   Email The Weeder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Celebrity's childrens names?? I barely know who the celebs are, so how can I know there childrens names!

--------------------
Still missing the gator

Posts: 2542 | From: LaLa Land | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
joan knox

Knoxy is my homeboy
# 16100

YAY! YAY! I'm temporarily 1st. The joy in my cup runneth over...but probably not for very long given how slow I was today.

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

How the hell am I supposed to know actress's daughters names? The two actresses in question aren't even big stars anymore!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by The Weeder:
Celebrity's childrens names?? I barely know who the celebs are, so how can I know there childrens names!

Do what I do, Weeder dear: guess.*.

Second place! [Yipee] [Yipee] [Yipee]

* Actually, I think we've had that question before; I guessed that time, and vaguely remembered this time. [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sorry, piglet! It's been a while since I've been this close to the top. [Yipee]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I changed one answer five times before settling on the wrong one. Needless to say, my first choice would have been correct. So as a result I have a lower score and a slower time. That'll teach me not to be indecisive... or will it?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

quote:
Originally posted by Smudgie:
...That'll teach me not to be indecisive... or will it?

Erm, I'm not sure.

At least I beat you today, first time for about a week!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It won't make you feel any better, Smudgie, but I changed the right answer to the wrong one in the cartoon question.

Hmph² [Frown]

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

Yay! I'm in ninth! We saw the film!

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Right, I've secured first spot for the second day running - at least temporarily.

Today I'd like to stay there, please.

Thank you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

10/10 in 42 seconds, one of my fastest times ever - and I am only 3rd out of 4!!

--------------------

Tortuf
Ship's fisherman
# 3784

- Posted      Profile for Tortuf   Author's homepage   Email Tortuf   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd like to say that my times are long because people keep interrupting me.

Sadly, that is not true.

Posts: 6963 | From: The Venice of the South | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

In a three-way draw for eleventh...

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My gosh! Only 2nd last of the all corrects! I feel elevated.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
@Weasel: [Razz]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

I would have categorized today's as VERY easy. It is helpful sometimes to be middle-aged and knowledgeable about US films though... In fourth now: would have been better but I had to hit the 'submit' button three times!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016