homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 94)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessy was a great help this morning, giving me names of rock groups and other things
Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes indeed, Uncle Pete!

The Quiz! The Guessometer! Playing at a computer near you!

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm back, and my holiday must have done me some good, as I changed a wrong to a right!

[Yipee]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At least I won't be last today.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chuffing fil-lums. [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Crikey - I even got the Old Testament questions right. [Yipee]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
People walking in the room and insisting on talking to me do not help my quizzing speed!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Just wait til the kiddies start coming in to share their stories since they last saw you (maybe 2 minutes ago(

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

The Guessometer deserves an absolutely enormous dram of Highland Park 25-year-old today - I must have changed at least three wrong guesses to right ones.

[Yipee]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bedding??? And they use this term to refer to what? Plants, Linens or Bedsteads or Mattresses.

FFS [Mad]

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I used a process of elimination for that one. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Friday, bedding's here again. That's ok, I long ago memorized the answer.

Two wrong again. Author I've never finished. I tried and got to page 34 - of the introduction, if I recall. Then music? Never heard of either album or the wailers involved.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Pete:
... I tried and got to page 34 - of the introduction, if I recall ...

That's 32 pages further than I ever got. [Overused]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Some really silly questions today.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
What was number 8 about? (....pet tricks)

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've absolutely no idea, but fortunately the blessèd Guessometer did. [Smile]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It doesn't know any more about American motor-racing than I do though. [Frown]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It is pretty hard to make up for missed days when there are only 10-15 people playing every day.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's for sure, sharkshooter. [Frown]
I'll be missing some more before the month is out, too.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yay! I was at the top yesterday! [Yipee]

Boo. That wasn't enough to raise my monthly standing after missing half the month. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My current monthly standing appears to be third - my highest ever by a long way. [Yipee]

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

I thought the reference was to a dog, on a show I never watched.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Bugger Spiderman. [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm no good at the Medes and the Persians ... [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Well, that'll have buggered my July standings. Wrong mythical creature, wrong Jackson and as for question 8, what the actual f***???

The Guessometer's buying its own drinks tonight ...

[Mad]

--------------------

Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'd never heard of that famous expedition and guessometer wasn't my friend either.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Yay! I'm at the top!
That doesn't help the fact that I missed half the month's quizzes. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Wrong prophet. Again. [brick wall]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Done in by an internet delay!

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

Done in by a fit of giggling. I was laughing so hard at my proposed answer to Question 2 that I missed Question 4 entirely.

I can't help it if I think the subject of the question is so disgusting that I have never served it in my own home.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oh! Temporarily on top! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Another imperfect Sunday. At least it won't b*gger up my August ranking - I'm off across the big pond this evening and will have limited interwebicity for the next couple of weeks, so I wouldn't have been in the running anyway.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Read the question, jj!! [Razz]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
grr - US specific knowledge required, and guessometer is no help !

but looks like I'm top until someone gets 10/10 !

[ 08. August 2017, 15:23: Message edited by: Wet Kipper ]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
grr - US specific knowledge required, and guessometer is no help !

but looks like I'm top until someone gets 10/10 !

And, yesterday, 9/10 was good enough! Congrats!

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
shame it wasn't enough for today as well.
how are we Brits supposed to know about the ***** house ?

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

[Killing me]
Two days in a row at the bottom of the heap!!!

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Now at the top! I'm nothing if not inconsistent!! [Killing me]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

aaargh. Fast, but wrong !

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Oh well - one wrong guess out of a few ain't so bad ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

You were still four seconds faster than me! Guessy tried to help me. I didn't listen.

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I do the quiz to make everyone else feel better about themselves! [Angel]

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It's not often you get into third place with a score of 9/10 in 57 seconds ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

i thought one of today's questions was a trick, it was so easy and so similar to another one, that i had to read it multiple times to make sure

That's my excuse for a "slow" time anyway [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Me too, WK - that and the fact that my computer currently has two speeds - dead slow and stop. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Rats. The Guessometer made me mark the correct answer. Then I, in my great wisdom, changed it.

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Top of the pile for a minute or two! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I'm about to try today's quiz
based on the people so far who have tried, and their times, I'm not expecting to do very well

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I've just tried today's quiz

My low expectations were well founded [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

My score (9/10) owes a lot more to the Guessometer than it does to my brain. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  91  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016