homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 95)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Top of the page, so here is the link.

2 out of 2 for the guessometer today.

Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stuff that for a lark - got the hockey question wrong. Never going to get my citizenship at this rate ... [Disappointed]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Managed to get both the right Jackson and the right 'Murcan sport.

Clever little Guessometer!

<passes it a large dram> [Smile]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't even know Yogi Bear had a girlfriend, let alone her name.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well rats. I think I was in second place for the month pre-Irma. Now I'm in 10th. Rats again.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

You must have bumped somebody - [Paranoid] - you're in 9th now and I'm in 10th ... [Big Grin]

--------------------

Chelley

Ship's Old Boot
# 11322

- Posted      Profile for Chelley   Email Chelley   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh dear!! ...that's all I have to say!

--------------------
"I love old things, they make me feel sad."
"What's good about sad?"
"It's happy for deep people!"

Sally Sparrow to Kathy - Doctor Who

Posts: 2870 | From: Wonderland, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't believe I wasn't last yesterday.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
at least you remembered to play [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, I certainly failed the Bible quiz miserably! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'm thankful that there are times when the Guessometer knows far more than I do about the Old Testament.

Mind you, so do most people ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
turns out I can't count to 17

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

It pays to count it out on your fingers, like what I did. Twice (just to be sure). [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

The Guessometer was whispering in my ear, "You always miss that one."

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Sep 17

18 players played during the month.

1. Loveheart (294 points, 10 wins)
2. TheRogue (281 points, 3 wins)
3. Gussie (267 points, 3 wins)
4. ceesharp (266 points, 2 wins)
5. wet_kipper (230 points, 6 wins)
6. sharkshooter (227 points, 1 wins)
7. Jonah_the_Whale (222 points, 1 wins)
8. piglet (219 points, 0 wins)
9. jedijudy (213 points, 1 wins)
10. TreeBee (212 points, 3 wins)

--------------------

Signaller
Shipmate
# 17495

- Posted      Profile for Signaller   Email Signaller   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any fule kno Reliant made the Regal. Sniff.
Posts: 113 | From: Metroland | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

WooHoo! I won yesterday!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

"Harder"? I don't think so. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sod that for a game of soldiers. When I was on question 2, my computer decided that "Fun Trivia is not responding"* and took what felt like several aeons to recover itself, by which time it had forgotten that I'd put the right answer for question 1.

******* computers. [Mad]

* Our computer is rather elderly, and it has a habit of doing such things, although it's never done it in mid-quiz before ... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

[Killing me]
After all this time, you'd think I'd remember to read the whole question, wouldn't you?

Glad to let everyone stand on my shoulders! [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Ack! I knew the right answer! I did! Really! My mouse moved without permission!!!!! [Razz]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I didn't, and neither did the Guessometer. And you're no longer holding everyone else up. [Frown]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

On the question about the lady singer, my usually fail-safe "go for the only one you've heard of" gambit, um ... failed.

[Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

I don't think I let the Guessometer wake up properly.
This is the first time ever that I was first to play!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Quizmasters - if you're going to have a question about the capital of a foreign country, at least have the courtesy to spell it correctly.

Just sayin' ... [Biased]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Guessometer was not my friend today.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

******* 'murcan television again. [Mad]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

quote:
Originally posted by Wet Kipper:
Guessometer was not my friend today.

but it was today [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Apart from a question about a film I've never seen (surprise surprise!) that wasn't really a very hard quiz at all.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So I don't watch game shows (unless you count University Challenge).

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There is NO WAY I won't be last today.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

That was the first time I've done the quiz on the Tablet, and as it took me 53 seconds for a really easy one, it'll also be the last. [Big Grin]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessy helped on one, but not the other. Bottom of the pile!!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Changed a right to a wrong - bugger. [Frown]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

There were three that I had no idea about. At least Guessy took pity on me for one of them. [Disappointed]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

Oct 17

20 players played during the month.

1. ceesharp (317 points, 4 wins)
2. TheRogue (280 points, 5 wins)
3. Loveheart (272 points, 6 wins)
4. TreeBee (269 points, 1 wins)
5. jedijudy (259 points, 1 wins)
6. Gussie (258 points, 2 wins)
7. wet_kipper (241 points, 9 wins)
8. piglet (221 points, 0 wins)
9. sharkshooter (166 points, 0 wins)
10. SidneyRip (165 points, 0 wins)

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Dammit - changed a right guess to a wrong one. [Mad]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Yay, me! I finally was correct on the one I always (until today) got wrong! [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I'd never heard of either of the people in question 10, so I opted for the "none of these" answer, as it's usually right.

Not this time. [Frown]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

thank you, Guessometer !

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I always get the Alex Haley series/mini-series question wrong. Never having watched either, how would I know which was a mini-series?

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10 in 33 seconds on a Sunday - that'll do nicely. [Yipee]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oh.
Oh!!!
I'm on top of the pile right now!! Above Wet Kipper, too! That never happens!!! [Yipee]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
F**k! F**k! F**k!

Should have remembered the Dean Martin song...

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

I spent so long deliberating over the harder ones today, that I pressed the wrong answer on the ridiculously easy one. [brick wall] [brick wall] [brick wall]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Guessometer was politely tapping on my shoulder, saying, "Read the question, jj". [Disappointed]

Did I listen? Nope.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I changed a wrong answer to a right one! [Yipee]

Usually it's the other way round ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Old Testament espionage isn't my strong point ... [Paranoid]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oooh! I'm so honored to be tied with Wet Kipper!

--------------------

Sarasa
Shipmate
# 12271

- Posted      Profile for Sarasa   Email Sarasa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OOh I'm in the lead for the month (as Gussie). I find it so odd that I go for days being rubbish and then have a bit of a wiining streak. It won't last.

--------------------
'I guess things didn't go so well tonight, but I'm trying. Lord, I'm trying.' Charlie (Harvey Keitel) in Mean Streets.

Posts: 2035 | From: London | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016