homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » The New Crew's Quiz (Page 97)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97 

Source: (consider it) Thread: The New Crew's Quiz
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Click on the link (currently on page 94, second post down) and then you can register on the quiz site to start playing, using either your Shipboard name or another alter ego.

Happy quizzing!

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
short-cut here

A little more new-user friendly.

--------------------

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do come and join us, aliehs - the more the merrier.

You'll get used to our little quirks ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hahaha! Even if I wouldn't have messed up the one question that I really did know the answer to, I'd still be on the bottom! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Warning: Obscure Merkin movies day today. [Paranoid]

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very hard questions indeed, and the guessometer has gone AWOL.

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Enough with the fil-lum questions already! [Mad]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Crikey - 10/10, second place and even sorted out the Medes, the Persians and the Chaldeans ... [Big Grin]

The Guessometer seems to have got its Mojo back.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I've just put a note on the computer telling me who moves up and along in chess. [brick wall]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[brick wall] [brick wall] must... read...properly..before...clicking [brick wall]

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Dammit - I knew what sort of dragon Norbert was, but I still clicked the wrong one.

[brick wall]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Chuffin' fil-lums again ... [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Ah - that's better. Third place. [Smile]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lesson to self number 9,403:
When you (me) click on the link to start the quiz, don't get distracted by your yummy salad.

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tree Bee

Ship's tiller girl
# 4033

- Posted      Profile for Tree Bee   Email Tree Bee   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessometer working well today. [Smile]

--------------------
"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
— Woody Guthrie
http://saysaysay54.wordpress.com

Posts: 5257 | From: me to you. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You worked it too hard - it was broken by the time I got there.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by Tree Bee:
Guessometer working well today. [Smile]

It certainly knows more about Welsh names than I do! [Yipee]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

I can handle getting a question wrong if it's about country singers.

I know very little about them, and have no intention of remedying this. [Devil]

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

- Posted      Profile for aliehs   Author's homepage   Email aliehs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That was fun. But now I know what non English speakers feel like when doing a comprehension test. I had to think like an American.....EEEKKK!!!
[Yipee]

--------------------
Now I see through a glass darkly. Maybe I should clean my specs.
sld2A

Posts: 160 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Don't worry, aliehs, all of us who weren't born in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave have the same trouble.

They quite often repeat the questions, so you'll get used to it after a while! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jan 18

23 players played during the month.

1. Jonah_the_Whale (331 points, 8 wins)
2. ceesharp (319 points, 6 wins)
3. Loveheart (300 points, 5 wins)
4. TreeBee (280 points, 0 wins)
5. Gussie (264 points, 4 wins)
6. jedijudy (259 points, 0 wins)
7. wet_kipper (258 points, 6 wins)
8. TheRogue (236 points, 2 wins)
9. piglet (218 points, 0 wins)
10. SidneyRip (215 points, 0 wins)

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
32 seconds, and I'm the slowest (so far) of the 10/10s. Power up the turbo charger today.

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

10/10, fifth place and I even got the fil-lum question right! [Yipee]

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

- Posted      Profile for aliehs   Author's homepage   Email aliehs   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's always ONE question that gets me. Usually pop of films. Must listen to the radio more. Or watch RAGE. Haven't tried the Guessometer yet; maybe tomorrow

--------------------
sld2A

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

feckin' Murican "sports".

I propose we send the quiz setters a list of the historic nick-names of the older English football league clubs - anyone for the hatters?

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by L'organist:
feckin' Murican "sports".

Absolutely. [Mad]
quote:

I propose we send the quiz setters a list of the historic nick-names of the older English football league clubs - anyone for the hatters?

We don't need to: Wiki will be their friend.

--------------------

sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Guessed on 2, got 1 wrong. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7772 | From: Canada; Washington DC; Phoenix; it's complicated | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Guessed on one, got it wrong. [Frown]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

'Murican comics [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Preach it, L'Organist! [Mad]

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Sweeties that I don't like. [Mad]

Why are M&Ms so much less nice than Smarties? [Confused]

--------------------

jedijudy

# 333

Oh, wow. The Guessometer (our gift from Uncle Pete [Votive] ) was amazing today. It gets a little star in its little crown!

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

I realise I sound like a wuss but I've never figured out what the guessometer is, where to find it or how to use: enlightenment please!

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

quote:
Originally posted by jedijudy:
... The Guessometer (our gift from Uncle Pete [Votive] ) ...

I was just thinking about that as I clicked on the quiz - it was good of Uncle Pete to leave it with us. [Tear]

It's hard to describe the Guessometer, as none of us has actually seen it. It's what inexplicably draws your mouse-pointer to the right button when you haven't a baldy notion of the answer to a question.*

We're sometimes very rude about it (it has malfunctions just like the rest of us, and occasionally it gets tired out before we've all played the quiz), but when it does work, it's rewarded with virtual GIN or 18-year-old Highland Park whisky.

* For most of us, these questions are either about films or American sports that are a mystery to the rest of the world.

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

Thank you, Piglet: I had suspected the Guessometer was a relative of Mornington Crescent, now I know.

--------------------

aliehs
Shipmate
# 18878

I'd like to propose a "Time out while I think about it " button.
Or a handicap for touch typists.

Disgruntlement ? No sheer frustration; I go as fast as I can and still take more time to tick the correct answer, even when I know what it is. Don't mind me; I am just disappointed in myself.

--------------------
sld2A

jedijudy

# 333

Top of the list...well until Wet Kipper and some of the other young people get here! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

interesting today to have 2 related questions, kind of giving away one of the answers!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  94  95  96  97 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016