homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 103)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eau de nil was once a fashionable, if insipid, colour used in houses.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially odd, since that sounds more like the name of a cheap, sad cologne.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cologne is where Charlemagne's magnificent tomb is sited.

[ 21. April 2016, 20:34: Message edited by: Doone ]

Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Sit! Edit!" shouted the study supervisor at her student.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Her stud entered the stall to await his equine lady-love.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Over-compensation is something of which many of us are guilty.

[ 22. April 2016, 05:06: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tyres are a rather wonderful invention for giving one a smoother ride.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Err," I declared, "and I'll see you in court!"

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Our team always tries to win the trophy for best in show, but our potatoes seem to let us down.
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Owning too much stuff means we have to have a yard sale to de-clutter according to Herself.

(A true story, happening tomorrow. [Help] )

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Selfish fish leave no flakes for their fellows.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Low standards of behaviour become evident when children rifle their grandparents' wallets during the post-prandial snooze.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oz, evidently, was a place Dorothy did not want to stay.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Staycations are a good way to save money and get to know your city, at the same time.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He, same timely luck he usually had, managed to miss the chaos of the presidential cortege winding its way through Los Angeles.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Gel, especially the scented sort, can keep ones skin lovely and smooth after shaving.
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Having a tendency to laugh at catastrophe, I quickly walked away, looking at the ground.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Underwear has evolved to become skimpier than ever before.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Foreknowledge would not always be a blessing.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ways BEAB, less in general use now, mark indicates the safety of electrical goods include demonstrating conformity with the low voltage directive.

[ 24. April 2016, 12:07: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Overused]

Tiverton Parkway station is actually located a few miles from said town, at Burlescombe.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Directives issued in the name of public safety are oft ignored.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Red Comb', even 'Comb Red', may be a hen's name which lays double-yoked eggs.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Eggsistentialism, taken to its logical conclusion, could bring an answer to why the chicken crosses the road.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The road was *already* cross, before that dang chicken dug its pointy claws in!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Sin, and how it applies to chickens" could be my next opus magna!

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"O pus, magnanimous as you are among bodily fluids..." began the commander of the fleet of Vogons.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

On second thoughts it may have been their poet laureate.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Urea tends to be used less in manufacturing than it was in mediaeval time.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Val timed her arrival to provoke maximum embarrassment.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Menthol is useless as a mouthwash.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ashes To Go is a popular Lenten observance in some parts of the US.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Eustachian tube connects the middle ear to the nasal cavity.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Tyburn was at one time the site of official executions in London.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Don Quixote has been a popular story for centuries.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Especially among foreigners who can't pronounce it properly.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Proper lyrics don't include the words "baby" or "yeah".

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Ahem" however may be permitted.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'Perm it, Ted!', Sylvia yelled, scaring everyone in the hairdressers.
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"Heh, air dress, Erskine? Who conned you with the emperor's new clothes trick? You're naked!" His friend spluttered.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Red", she said,"full length with a slit up the side - the nakedness is all in your mind!"

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Independent sources verified that they were, indeed, naked.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Edifying spectacle though that may have been, the ensuing hypothermia gave them pause for thought.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'Ought we to have listened', they moaned,'we appear now to have caught pneumonia'.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

On I ascended the dinky hill, huffing and puffing all the way.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hew, aye, and then split and stack the logs.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

He logs thirty hours of volunteer work a month.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Kam on the album Neva demonstrates his ability in wordsmithery.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

The rye bread was far tastier than the basic white.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

It exceeded all expectations in growth and beauty.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  100  101  102  103  104  105  106  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016