homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 114)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Og seems to be the general way of describing someone as young, in Ireland.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"E´lan" describes a sense of zestfulness.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nessie is apocryphal, isn't she?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here we have an assumption that Nessie is female, based no doubt on the girlie name humans have inexplicably saddled her with.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Addled!!" Her withering look following my gaffe made me feel even smaller.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"All 'er smalls 'ave been nicked off the washin' line', shouted Fred in anguish.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ishtar had the misfortune of being one of the worst films of 1987.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
7-Up™ used to be a populareal, clear fizzy drink in the US, but it has long been eclipsed by Sprite™ or Mountain Dew™, which is godawful.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Awfully popular is gin, but for my money, something charred slowly and then fermented in the rain will get the angels dancing on your tongue and later, make your head pleasingly ache.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A cheetah can actually be a decent companion animal given an expert training program.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rama is one of the avatars of Vishnu in Hindu mythology.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Tho' Logy gymns seem quite popular, I wonder if they will be superseded by some other organisation.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I, on a sudden inspiration, stopped going to the gym.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gymnastics can tie one in knots.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ink, not specifically for printing, has lots of other uses, such as letter writing and tattoos.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

At too steep an angle, stairs can be dangerous.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Anger ousts common sense!

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ensemble playing must be done well by orchestras.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Rasputin, the Russian monk, proved very difficult to murder.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Dermatologists deal with skin complaints.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Ain't she sweet was a very popular song of yesteryear.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Earwax is not a subject for polite conversation at a formal dinner party.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Art yearns to express itself.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Press its elfin leaves and the Venus fly catcher will retract them.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Theme music can become immensely popular.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Large cream cakes are very naughty but nice!

[ 27. July 2016, 09:55: Message edited by: Doone ]

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Nicene is one of the forms taken by the Apostles'Creed, and which derives its name from the Council of 325 held in Nicaea.

[ 27. July 2016, 11:13: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Caeathro, in Wales, is not a bad base for a holiday (if you're a car driver) if you want to visit Snowdonia.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now Don, Ian and Linda make up a decidedly unholy trinity.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Nit yearns for infamy!" said the juvenile court magistrate in an aside.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"As I deny even being there, there is nothing I can tell you about the situation which wouldn't be just gossip," the suspect calmly told the detective.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"I've already started my lunch" he said as he raised the GIN bottle to his lips.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Islip sucks.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Suck sweets to alleviate ear popping in flight.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Lighthearted responses are a key feature in The Circus.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Custardy foods like quiche and flan are favorites.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I test food often for flavour before serving it.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'Reserving it for the Boss!', the cook shouted, as she snatched the last piece of pie.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Piety can hide many a failing.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Lingfield is home to a racecourse.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ourselves are often our worst enemies.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I espy all sorts of strange goings on.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Sons of batchelors" was a friend's favourite expletive.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"I've told you a thousand times, whinging won't make me change my mind and buy you a packet of sweets!" the exasperated mother at the check-out exclaimed.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aimed carefully, many unlikely objects can be thrown quite a distance.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Stance of feet shoulder width apart aids balance.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lances were of huge importance at medieval jousts.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Oust Sean from the team since he is acting like such a dick.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ick", say some, but if you eat a live frog first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen for the rest of your day.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our daybed is continually occupied.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  111  112  113  114  115  116  117  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016