homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 124)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Warehouses are used for storing all sorts of products.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ducts, in eyelids, are important for drainage.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Drain a geyser into the tub for a nice hot bath.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bathos is an unfortunate characteristic of much romantic tripe.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ripe fruit tastes better than green fruit.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fruitless guilt is just a waste.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
a steam train, to an enthusiast, is a thing of great beauty.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Auty is a name of Scandinavian origin, chiefly found in Yorkshire.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yorks. hire firms can charge a canny rate for the hire of their goods.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heir, good stash of silver salvers in with your inheritance.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Inherit ancestral weapons and flog them on ebay.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

One bay was filled with visiting sea lions.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Saturdays the markets can be packed out.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Doutzen Kroes is a Dutch Frisian model and actress.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tresses of shoulder-length are something I've not had in decades.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A descant is sung above the line.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Lined paper is less elegant than unlined.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In education, one should never underestimate the power of the lesson that is given with the utmost gentleness.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Essentially, good manners, though costing nothing, are very valuable in oiling the wheels of good communication.
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I only said that I had some time to spare this week, not that I wanted to take on a lot more admin work.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

In working order means that something is functioning properly.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'Properly drunk 'e was, didn't know whether 'e was coming or going', said Kath, giggling away.
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

In Ga'way, the bay still mirrors the setting sun.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Understanding the rules is paramount to successfully playing any game.
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Games are not always fun, when people take them too seriously.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Slytherin is one of the four Houses at Hogwarts -- but not the one where I live.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've got a luvverly bunch of coconuts.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Nuts in the bird feeders are stolen by the squirrels.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
El Señor Fidel Castro finally kicked the bucket.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Kettle calling the pot black.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ack! Ack! Ack!" was a recurring bit of dialog in "Mars Attacks!", not a high-quality film.

[ 03. December 2016, 02:22: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Filming using hidden cameras, people are caught unawares, sometimes with hilarious results.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Result: some people who supported him are going to be seriously surprised by Pres. Donald Trump.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Rumpelstiltskin is a nasty little character who throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ants are amusing to watch, they rarely run in a straight line.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Line dancing is supposed to be really good exercise for the body and the brain.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rain, by W. S. Maugham, has been dramatised several times.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I'm establishing a scholarship fund at my dog's obedience school.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"CHOO!" Lester sneezed, startling the whole room.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Ominously, sneezes can herald a flu epidemic.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Mice breed like rabbits.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

♫ It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all... ♫

--------------------
~Tortuf

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Rally everyone together, we're going out carol singing tonight.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

♫ O night divine! O night when Christ was born! ♫

--------------------
~Tortuf

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Asbo!?", R. Normans shouted at the magistrate, "We were only carol singing! Who are you; f---ing Scrooge or something!"
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Things got far worse after that outburst.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

U R stationary and blocking my exit!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Ex-IT people sometimes break the mold and move on to less techy jobs.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Obstinate people can be very annoying.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ying drops the g when matched with yang.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016