homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 126)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Either it will rain or it won't.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ontario, California sometimes gets confused with Ontario, Canada by search engines provided with sketchy details.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tails are meant to be wagged, according to my dog.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
My "Dogma" dvd, one my favorites, is starting to show signs of wear.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We are big fans of "Dogma" in this house.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Use care when driving in snow and ice.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Dice and old motion picture film made from cellulose over fifty years ago are subject to deteriorating badly.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Lyda*Rose has over 20,000 posts!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
tsetse flies - do they buzz?
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uzziah, despite leprosy, enjoyed a long reign.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Igneous rock is formed through the cooling and solidification of magma.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Mag, Ma, you remember her- the lady who raised chickens at the old Honeker farm."

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Armament sales are a huge business internationally.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Ally Sheedy has been in a number of movies.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I especially enjoyed "The Breakfast Club."

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Lubrication is important for a smooth-running automobile.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Mobiles used to be things you hung from the ceiling.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Lingonberries are similar to cranberries.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I escape a bad mood by hunkering down with a favorite book.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

E-books will never replace good old-fashioned paper books.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Book sales may slump and recover but people keep on writing them.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Hemming a skirt to the correct length makes all the difference in how becoming it looks.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"OK, so you think you're being clever?", she said.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Vershes ...," Aidan slurred, "thatsh wha' the can- can- cantor should shing," his speech badly affected by the amount of left over communion wine he had helped reverently consume.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sumerians lived in Mesopotamia.

(And [Overused] for the post above!)

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

O pot, a miasma you create in my mind.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Mind-bending, WW, as we used to say back in the sixties.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

The six ties were hanging neatly on a closet rack.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At Lyon a close trackside experience with the Paris train put him off railways.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Wayside pulpits, or their equivalent, exist for all three major religions here.

[Good one Curiosity!]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She realized her disco roller skates were emitting sparks!

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ark sails; bad weather predicted" read the headline in the Ararat Journal-Gazette.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"Ourn, Al. Gaze t'temple o'er yonder - all t'land from thence to hence is ourn," the elder said as he gestured widely across the terrain ahead.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A head of a dead man impaled on a stake on the ramparts of the castle implied no good will existed between the townsfolk and their rulers.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Erstwhile is a word I learned in Everlasting Sentences for moments such as this.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

History teaches us many things, most of them unfathomable.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Om" able bodied Buddhists frequently chant.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Han took out his weapon and fired first.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Red firs tend to grown in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Estragon is a character in Samuel Beckett's play Waiting for Godot.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

God, other than in the incarnate Jesus Christ, is unknowable.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Now able to afford a car, she can drive wherever she desires.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

He, Desi, rested while she, Lucy, did all the work.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Working women rarely really retire.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I regret my sins and misdeeds O God, but may I present to you O my Lord, some alternative facts?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Acts of the Apostles is generally the fifth book in the New Testament.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

A mentally unstable person should never be elected to high office.

--------------------
~Tortuf

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I celebrated when the wicked witch was dead, along with all the other munchkins.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Kinship and family ties have been the subject of much of Margaret Mead's writing.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ingratitude among family and friends can have a chilling effect.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128  129  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016