homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 127)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Effect' and 'affect' are words that can often be muddled in common usage.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sage wisdom spoken there.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Her ethereal mannerisms started getting on his nerves.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vesicles are small fluid filled sacs in the body.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"AC's in the B.O. dysfunction club," she said, wrinkling her nose and spraying air freshener.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
She nervously stood up to give her speech.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Peechi Dam is situated less than 100 kms from where I live.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nuts I never liked as a child but my tastes have matured with time.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tim expressed his desire to tiptoe through the tulips.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lips are sort of muscular bits attached to the front of faces.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aces, depending on the card game, can have the highest or lowest value.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Luebeck' is how one types 'Lübeck' if one cannot use an umlaut.

--------------------
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit.

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Utter nonsense!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sensei taught me everything I knew about dodging rat traps and about karate.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A rate that low makes me wonder what the catch is.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

History has taught us that he who forgets the past is condemned to repeat it.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Eat it now!" the young Eucharistic lay minister barked at the sheepish communicant.

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

- Posted      Profile for Tobias     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Canting arms are a sort of heraldic pun.

--------------------

Posts: 269 | From: Terra Australis Incognita | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Unusual comment that one.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Atonement is often the subject of sermons during Lent.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ring Len to find out if he's available to do a guest appearance on Pointless.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Lesser mortals might be better off choosing bingo.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ingots of steel weigh many tons.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Many tonsillectomies performed in the 1950s were probably not necessary.

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A rye bread popular among many New York Jews is pumpernickel.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Nickel has the atomic number twenty-eight.

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

Went ye, Ightfield's stout burghers, to the battle, and, O ye men of Calverhall, went ye to the war?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

He warbled on as a one does when accustomed to the cadences of Shakespeare, but the difference in authorship was evident by the clear lack of wit.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Comeuppance, that's what he needs, his comeuppance!

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

Pancetta is not kosher.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Sherry is a drink that I've only read about in books.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bookshelves made with reinforced concrete slabs, as mine are, tend not to warp with the weight.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ightham Mote is a particularly attractive medieval manor house in Kent.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Entertaining though that house may be don't they have a problem with damp?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Amphibians probably enjoy the moat.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hem! Oatmeal is a great breakfast food.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oodles of noodles are not generally acceptable for breakfast except in Eastern Asia.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

A Siamese king had a conflicted relationship with a British schoolteacher.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Teach ersatz news reporting at university to produce graduates on the leading edge of contemporary journalism.

--------------------

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

"'Journal' is" (many people told him) "legitimately used as a verb!" - but he remained unconvinced.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

In ceding all your powers to others you deny your responsibilities.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I tie shoes so that I don't trip over the laces.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lace slips and undies are possibly not as fashionable as they once were.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Werewolves seldom wear lacy undergarments.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Tobias
Shipmate
# 18613

Ents attacked the fortress of Saruman at Isengard.

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"En garde!" said the fencer to his opponent.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

One NT version is very like another.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

There could be arguments against that suggestion.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016