homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply
My profile login | Register | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 128)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I once made the mistake of reading 'clove' and interpreted it as 'head' when cooking with garlic.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3454 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Licorice and garlic should never be confused.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 8805 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fused electrodes render a switch inoperable.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 47682 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Opera blends singing, orchestral music, acting, costumes, and scenery.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Enery the Eigf had many wives.

--------------------

Posts: 47682 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I've seen the light!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lightning can often strike twice.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ice with snow on top is really slippery, causing people to slip and fall, breaking their hips and wrists.

(irrelevant note: falling on out stretched hands is called FOOSH, we're seeing a lot of these injuries this year)

--------------------
We must learn to live in harmony with nature. If we don't cease believing we can master and dominate it, life on Earth may be destroyed.
(formerly known more succinctly as "no prophet"), either way not be taken seriously. \_(ツ)_/

Posts: 10182 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
sharkshooter

Not your average shark
# 1589

- Posted      Profile for sharkshooter     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is "T" silent in the word "mortgage"?

--------------------
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. [Psalm 19:14]

Posts: 7638 | From: Canada, eh? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Age related dementia is no more prevalent than ever but greater understanding of the conditions and a longer lifespan make it appear to be so.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To be south, during the winter, is something to be desired.
Posts: 1889 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Beso, according to The Urban Dictionary, is a party girl who is out of control.
Posts: 89 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Red, do I see red? I was pipped at the post by two minutes.
Posts: 89 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ute seems to be a useful word to describe a utility vehicle such as a jeep.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Jeepneys are rolling folk art in the Philippines.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21086 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pine scented household products are usually intended for the bathroom, toilet and kitchen.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"DK? itch!" Enya grumped, refusing to put on her hand-knitted outfit.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13090 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fitted carpets were only seen in rich peoples' houses when I was a boy.
Posts: 8440 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IWA's a boycottable organisation - that is surprising!

--------------------

Posts: 13090 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

I sing when I'm happy.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"App yours!" shouted the man who hated Smartphones.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Art P. hones his skills by practicing for hours.
Posts: 20606 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Our solar system consists of the Sun, the planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and (maybe) Pluto.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Plutonium is extremely toxic.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Icy conditions can result in more breaks and fractures of bones due to falls.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

All's well that ends well, according to the Bard.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Arduous toil is not for the comfortably retired.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ably retired cars can travel great distances.

--------------------
"We're not in Wonderland anymore, Alice." – Charles Manson

Posts: 9769 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ancestors of mine were French Huguenots who took refuge in East Anglia.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Liam Neeson is still as hot as can be and a talented actor to boot.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Oot! Oot!" shouted the felinophobic* Scotsman, as the cat came in through the door.

*Yes, I am aware that this is a terrible home-brewed mixture of Greek- and Latin-based words.

Posts: 8440 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or you could have said "ailurophobic" for extra points.
Posts: 4210 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

In Tsarist Russia, there were no legal or constitutional methods by which Tsarist power could be challenged.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
All Enge did was complain every time her name was misspelled.
Posts: 20606 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"Ern - a mew," as Miss Pell edited work, she tutted at the brevity of answers from some students.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Stud Ents are sometimes necessary for breeding, so that Middle Earth's forests remain populated.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

"Late dinners have to be booked in advance".
Leorning Cniht
Shipmate
# 17564

- Posted      Profile for Leorning Cniht   Email Leorning Cniht   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
D. Vance Hickenshack was renowned for failing to make advance bookings.

[ 21. February 2017, 20:35: Message edited by: Leorning Cniht ]

Posts: 4210 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

King Stephen spent most of his reign just getting the nobility to recognize his kingship.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Ings' hip problem unfortunately prevented him playing many matches for Liverpool AFC.
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

A FC needs a certain number of fans to give it credence.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Encepalopathy must be quite uncomfortable.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

For tables of six or more, reservations are recommended.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Commend Edward for his valour.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'Our team is the best', shouted Tom, just as the opposing team put the winning shot in the back of the net.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Then Etna started spewing lava everywhere.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Her eyes are lode-stars; and her tongue's sweet air more tuneable than lark to shepherd's ear,

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sear the meat briefly before putting it in to roast.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Asters are a lovely garden flower, particularly in cottage gardens.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Dense people need to get a clue.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128  129  130  131 

Post new thread  New poll  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016