homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 129)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Clues in detective stories can sometimes be very obscure.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ure, Midge that is, was a member of the band Ultravox, famous for the song Vienna.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"V, i, e, enn, a" articulated the customer, wanting to make sure the shop gave her the correct brand of sausage.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Age related conditions, in my case, don't seem to include wisdom.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Domestic Goddess is not a term that could ever have been applied to me.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tomes are extremely large books that can be used to bop someone over the head if necessary.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Aryan peoples originated in Central Asia.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alas, I am turning into a couch potato.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A touchdown in rugby can then be converted by kicking the ball above the bar and between the uprights.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Upright slats are very useful for building fences.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cess on tax is still tax!

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Axes should always be kept sharp as a safety precaution.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cautionary tales are frequently used to spread awareness of moral issues.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sue sailors that mistreat your socks.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Our sock season only lasts a few months.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"Ew, mon, th' socks smell bad!" exclaimed the laundress.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Undressing can lead to hanky-panky.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

KY can sometimes be needed in such circumstances.

[Apologies if that is close to the line.]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Cesar Chavez was an American labour and civil rights leader.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Leaders in newspapers sometimes annoy.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Noyes wrote a very long poem, The Highwayman.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Mankind is often unkind!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Kindergarten was a fun time for me.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

'For medicinal purposes only', she muttered, on drinking her third glass of brandy.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SOF brandywine would make a wonderful addition to the Ship online shop.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Hops are used in the production of beer.

--------------------
~Tortuf

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Be ergonomically correct and you will never get carpal tunnel syndrome.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Dr! O Me! I am ill!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A millrace churned its way beside the old path.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pathogens are usually micro-organisms.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"Is MSNBC becoming a more conservative news outlet?" asked Mamacita apprehensively.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I've Lysol all over the floor since I dropped that bottle without screwing the cap on tight.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Tight waistbands are a pernicious result of gaining weight.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Eight days from today is the Idea of March -- beware!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A reason for Preview Post has just appeared before us!

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Before using my coffee cup is not a good time to post.
[Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Osteoporosis is, sadly, very common in the elderly, especially women.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Omens are believed to foretell the future.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ur, excavated in the 19th century, was once the home of Abraham.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

A ham and cheese sandwich is a popular lunch item.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I temporise about things far too much.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Much-Binding-in-the-Marsh was a very popular comedy radio programme back in the day.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

E-day? Is that the day after D-day?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Daylight Saving Time in most of the United States begins at 2 a.m. on Sunday March 12, 2017 -- spring ahead!

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ring a headmaster to find out the latest school gossip.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sip-Up is one term used in India to describe a place that sells soft drinks.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rinks set aside special times for all-species ice skating.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tingling of ears and toes is quite common in winter sports.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Ports are sweet red wines, often served as dessert wines.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Twine snaps if too great a tension is put on it.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016