homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 134)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ousted following an impeachment hearing, Donald Trump spent the rest of his days playing solitaire in Trump Tower.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wererepublicans are indistinguishable from the ones who haven't been turned.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Neddy Seagoon reckoned he would make an admirable president!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Enteric distress follows every trumpian tweet.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We etiquette police can be an annoying lot.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Glottal stops are not easy for everyone to pronounce.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ounces -- whether liquid measures or weights -- are not used in the metric system.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stem cell research might help the survivial of the ounce, the snow leopard, also called uncia uncia.

[ 10. May 2017, 21:01: Message edited by: Wesley J ]

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Posts: 7354 | From: The Isles of Silly | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

"Ciao, bello!" she waved without looking back, as she sped away with his fortune, and convertible Ferrari (with the top down, nach).

[ 10. May 2017, 21:59: Message edited by: Pangolin Guerre ]

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nachos and brandy!" he shouted to the barkeep, "I just lost my girl AND my Ferrari; which is worse, I don't know, dude".

[ 11. May 2017, 04:59: Message edited by: Golden Key ]

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deducing he wouldn't be safe on the road the bartender deftly pocketed the guy's keys.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Keys won't make any difference, dude; my girlfriend took my car when she left, and those are just for my house and locker," mumbled the man, with a mouthful of nachos.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

- Posted      Profile for Wesley J   Email Wesley J   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chosen nachos are better than unchosen ones, we may assume.

--------------------
Be it as it may: Wesley J will stay. --- Euthanasia, that sounds good. An alpine neutral neighbourhood. Then back to Britain, all dressed in wood. Things were gonna get worse. (John Cooper Clarke)

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Me not feelin' gud," moaned the bereft guy as he stumbled away to deposit his over-consumption of alcohol and cheesy appetizers into a planter by the door.

[ 11. May 2017, 15:41: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Orders like nachos and brandy serve only to compound the humiliation and ache of being taken for a ride, he learned to his regret.
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

[BTW, thanks for taking up the narrative thread, guys! Let's see how far we can take it.]
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Regret *nothing*, I do!" shouted his grifting, erstwhile girlfriend to the wind, while driving the Ferrari convertible down Route 66.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Sixtus IV had many "nephews", one unsavoury example of whom was a forebear of Giovanna, she of the vermillion Ferrari.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A riot ensued when she tried to drive the car on the wrong side of the road.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

"O! A deer!" She screamed as she crashed into a tree.

--------------------
~Tortuf

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A shed into a tree, she thought. It should be the other way round. Maybe the accident caused me to enter a parallel universe where everything happens in reverse.
Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Verses aplenty have been spoken, praising of fast cars, and of women, their beauty.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Tyres rolling like hearts, motor racing like desire...
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Sir, everyone is suggesting you might like to call a taxi considering how much you've imbibed.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Ed, the "sir" in question, replied, "Good thought; would you call them for me, and ask them to take me to the Hotel California in town?"

--------------------

Wesley J

Silly Shipmate
# 6075

Ownwer of said taxi company, Joe is not amused about Uber.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Bert, the barkeep, asked Joe to send someone to pick up Ed (who was three sheets to the wind); and Bert promised Joe that he'd never called Uber to the bar, and wouldn't unless the cabs were all busy and the patron was in a hurry--or in an emergency.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Cynicism has blighted Bert's personality on many fronts, owing, perhaps, to his still secret genetic heritage being shared with Joe and Giovanna, dating back to a fifteenth century papal "nephew" in Italy.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Init? A lying genealogy notwithstanding.

[ 13. May 2017, 16:44: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Dinged fender notwithstanding, the car was still in running order, and when Giovanna regained consciousness, she pulled away from the tree, and sped gleefully down the road, knowing that Ed's Amex (also purloined) would pay for the repairs.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pairs of sins, do they come at a discount off time in Purgatory?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Gat or Yumi (longbow)?" pondered Ed, wondering which would solve his problem with Giovanna more effectively.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Yoda appeared, in mid-air, by Ed's side, and crooned "Wise, you are not; revenge take you to the Dark Side, it will; remember what happened to Anakin; and don't be an idiot".

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Idiotic as it may seem, Ed didn't listen to a word Yoda said.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A wordy ODAS aide buttonholed Ed to ask him about the archaeology of the area, totally oblivious to Ed's disinterest and distress.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Stress was something Ed had never borne well, evinced in his goring of the ODAS twerp as he exited the bar, bellowing into the desert night in a confusion of rage and lust, "Giovanna!!!"

[ 14. May 2017, 17:18: Message edited by: Pangolin Guerre ]

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Anna, actually," said the just-arrived cabbie, getting out of the cab, gently calming Ed, and carefully depositing him in the backseat; then, settling into her straw-mat covered seat, she adjusted the rear-view mirror, looked in it (past the prayer beads), saw the sorry state of her passenger, then brightly said, "Ok, boss, where're we going?"

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Ingleton; it's oop north somewhere," replied the rather inebriated passenger.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Germane to the situation, and location, Anna, who had an unusual grasp of Yorkshire geography and history, particularly of Ingleton and environs, softly corrected Ed, "Hey, Sherlock, you're in Arizona."
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Zonally they were close to the Arctic but the weather was quite mild for a week that close to autumn.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Tumnussian beard caked with remnants of nachos, and holding the strench of cheap brandy, Ed picked at it absentmindedly as he started ominously humming My Delilah.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ah, that reminds me of when I had Tom Jones in the back of my cab", said Anna. "He said "what's new, Pussycat?". I said "well, this cab for a start, so get your feet off the top of the seats.""
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Eat something," said Giovanna to herself, waiting in the reception lobby of Ferraris Fixed Fast; so she put down the reception copy of "Real Simple" she'd found (who wanted a simple life, anyway???) and wandered over to the vending machines, near the side door...and found she had no quarters.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Terse Imprecations issued from Giovanna's lips, like she was spitting pebbles.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bless me she did have a mouthful of little stones, does she think she is a duck?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sad Uckfield residents are upset at plans to build more affordable homes on the edge of town.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

"Own this sweet little thing, Sweet Little Thing?" asked hunkily oil besplattered mechanic Jake of Giovanna, trying to be smooth.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

O the daring of the man!

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

He-man, he thought himself, but with man-eater Giovanna, Jake was out of his depth.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

EP - That would be worth something, thought Giovanna, after Jake had told her about his antique vinyl collection of 78s.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  131  132  133  134  135  136  137  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016