homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 135)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"78 skidoo" is not a valid variant of the expression "23 skidoo."

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Do only as much as necessary," Giovanna said to Jake as she carefully fixed her lipstick, looking in the mirror of her compact, "I'm on the move."
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Over my dead body!" replied Jake, angrily.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lying man-killer that she was, Giovanna had no trouble looking deeply into Jake's eyes, and said, breathily, "You're right - come with me - I need your protection - your manliness!"

[ 19. May 2017, 00:46: Message edited by: Pangolin Guerre ]

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ness Creek is in northern Saskatchewan, near Big River, and home of the Ness Creek Music Festival.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Val flew in from Saskatchewan and told Giovanna to keep her mitts off Jake, who was Val’s long-lost husband, suffering from amnesia.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Sialogogic effects of the brandy- and jalapeno-induced fever were making Ed even less appealing to his driver, who, unable to tune out Ed's braying of My Delilah, started wonder what ever had possessed her to drive for Uber.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bert, the young, inexperienced police officer, threw up when he saw the dead, mutilated bodies of Val and Jake at the garage - the handiwork of Giovanna, who was now miles away.
"Oh nice one, Bert", said Ray, Bert's more worldly partner, putting a pasty to one side. "You've put me off my supper".

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uppermost in my thinking is whether or not Bananaman would have been a Brexiteer.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Ermine really is my fur, thought Giovanna as she sped done the interstate, shame about the blood splatter.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At Terminal 4 one finds only fly-by-night airlines.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

“Lines are for the little people,” yelled Giovanna, as she pushed her way to the counter to buy a one-way ticket to Aruba.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Back in Arizona, as Bert started sobering up in the back of the Uber, he decided to take advantage of his friend's place in Willemstad - "Wanna go, Anna?"
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Goannas live neither in Aruba nor Arizona...

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Nary a thought of various Varani clouded Ed's mind as he emerged from his brandy-fog, for he was bound not for Caribbean repose, but for Willemstad, and for revenge.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vengeful and seething he headed to check his stock of ammunition.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, on a last ditch mission, approached Ed to rethink his goal.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Look," I said, "why not use a Nerf bazooka; you can pelt her with soft Nerf balls; and it's probably legal, at least much more legal than killing her; do you really want to spend the rest of your life in prison because of her; hasn't she taken enough?"

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Oughtn't I to just forgive and forget?", mused Ed wistfully.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"You absolutely can," I said; "I was trying to keep you from using that ammunition; you could also report her to the police!"

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

"Cement your will, Ed," whispered the demon on his shoulder, "Giovanna's got it coming.... and you're the man to do it!"
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Do I take the devil's advice", Ed thought, while carelessly swigging gin and caressing the nerf gun, "or do I try to resist my violent impulses and the urging of this multifariously evil beast perched on my shoulder?"

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Er, Anna, perhaps we can help Ed to make up his mind", said the demon, "Why don't you drive us to the airport. Perhaps we could all have a little holiday in the Caribbean".
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Anna took the bait, thoughts of balmy Willemstad being too much to resist.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Tore sister's letter up!" the bitter sibling blurted.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Teddy (Giovanna's sister, Theodora) was in a rage at her sister's gloating missive.
L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sive is a bold choice for the first performance by a new drama collective and should score its director brownie points.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

In tsarist Russia, Ed's dilemma would have been resolved by a train, a duel, or someone's suicide, or perhaps all three.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Reef-dwelling morays might also resolve the situation when they get to the Caribbean and go snorkeling.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Ling, thought Ray as he sniffed at Jake's mouth, attempting to discern Jake's last supper.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"S'up? Perhaps you'd like to join me in Aruba?" said Ray gleefully, hoping he and Jake could thicken the plot.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"Ken! The plot! You,ve lost it!", shouted Satan angrily at the demon, who was inside a photo booth, "You were supposed to get your passport sorted three days ago!"
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Ed, ay, 's a go!" exclaimed the captain to Sir Edward in rather familiar idiom.

[ 25. May 2017, 02:28: Message edited by: Amanda B. Reckondwythe ]

--------------------

L'organist
Shipmate
# 17338

- Posted      Profile for L'organist   Author's homepage   Email L'organist   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Omniscience is something many think they possess - erroneously.

--------------------
Rara temporum felicitate ubi sentire quae velis et quae sentias dicere licet

Posts: 4950 | From: somewhere in England... | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Sly Giovanna booked her ticket to Aruba under her sister's name, Theodora.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Dora the Explorer was filming her television show in Aruba, following a trip to Curacao.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Raca" (obscure term of abuse) found in Matt. 5:22, is present in the King James Version but not all later translations.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Sunday mornings, it's nice to have a little lie in before going to church.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Change out of your pajamas before heading to Mass.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Tom assumed that he would be vesting for Mass, so he didn't bother getting dressed.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Sedentary life was not for Ken the Demon, who, despite his incompetence, got his passport sorted in time to make the flight with Ed and Anna out of LAX.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Anna, out of laxatives again, really needs to consider changing her diet.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"I et too much o' that cheese," Anna groaned.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

An educational vacation might make a trip to Aruba worthwhile.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

While Ed and lacto-torsioned Anna (and, unbeknownst to them, Ken the Demon in the seat behind them), descended into Willemstad, Giovanna was descending into Aruba, with Theodora (Teddy to friends and family) hot on her trail.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Ailing still, from over-indulging in cheese, Anne went in pursuit of a pharmacist as soon as the plane landed.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Nel and Ed, on the other hand, made straight for the ladies' and men's rooms, respectively.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I've lynched me fair share of raccoons," said Huck, as he spat out some gum and slung his God given right of a 12 guage over his shoulder.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Should Ernest user that sort of language?
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Age related programming is a bit of a mine field.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  132  133  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016