homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 137)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Racing along the beach, Giovanna and Teddy felt the powdery white sand beneath their toes.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Heir to esoteric realms I may not be," confessed Teddy to his sweet Giovanna, "but I've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night."

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Nat Night!!!", shouted Satan at Ken the demon, "This was supposed to be a magnificent bloodbath and instead we end up with some kind of psychedelic love- in where nobody seems to have any idea who they are any more - and all because you put your love of Nat King Cole before duty!!!"
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tying himself in knots (for he is not very bright) Ken tried to keep the cast of characters straight - Teddy was Theodora, sister to Giovanna, not to be confused with Anna, who was with Ed in Willemstad, she having driven Ed from the bar in Arizona - but then Ken had too much of this and ordered a sixth mojito, Satan the Boss be damned.
Posts: 758 | From: 30 arpents de neige | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Edam," Ned retorted, "is the only cheese that any of us should eat under these circumstances."

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Stan, cesspools are cleaner than your apartment," grumbled Giovanna, clearly unimpressed with her date.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Herd ate its way all through the carrot fields and half way through the turnips," grunted the farmer.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mere seconds later Giovanna started to demand mashed rutabaga for lunch.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Checking out what that is, with Giovanni, Stan set to work.
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Ow! Orkney, it would seem, is the only vacation spot that could accommodate Teddy, Giovanna, Stan, Ned and Ken in separate rooms.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

- Posted      Profile for Pangolin Guerre   Email Pangolin Guerre   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oms en Serie was one of Ken's favourite novels, and he was delighted to find it in his room on his arrival to Aruba, hot on Giovanna's trail.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Railing against the way she had been vilified for only stealing a car Giovanna decided she would spend the next few days lying doggo.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Lying dog, go away from me', Giovanni screeched petulantly.
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Ant, lying down, prone, in the Aruban heat, wondered why the wrathful Giovanna had gone out of her way to tread upon him, for he had done nothing to her, aside from his glancing acquaintance with Jake, the deceased mechanic.
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

/Oh, fine, I'll punt/

Nicotine stained Ray handed his boarding pass over, not realising that he was seated beside Ken the Demon.

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Monkey nuts and a small paper cupful of lemonade", said Ray in disgust as the inflight 'meal' was served.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Erv, edified, elected to join Ken and Ray in the Admirals Club as soon as they all deboarded.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Dedication to the cause, as shown here, is admirable.

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

"Able Seaman Parsons, at your service", he said to Ray and Ken, in the expectation of a large tip.
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Get Iphigenia in here!" commanded Giovanna, fearing that she would soon be outnumbered by the male contingency of her strange little party.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Arty types hung out at the Cedar Tavern in New York during expressionism's heyday.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Dayo! Dayo!" sang Giovanna when she returned from the West Indies, driving her co-workers crazy.

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"Crazy Golf", said Satan calmly to Ken, "Did you realise that Giovanna went home yesterday?" With that, he picked up Ken's golf club and began chasing him around the island.
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He is landing on the taxiway; clear the airport!

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

“Port of Spain was nice,” commented Ed as he deplaned in Miami, “but I liked Willemstad better.”

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Tertiary syphilis, I wonder, thought Satan as he beat Ken with a nine iron, contemplating replacing Ken in his organisation with Giovanna, considering that she displayed greater inventiveness and initiative.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"I've a rumbling tummy, so the sooner you tell me what time Giovanna left, the happier we'll both be", said Ray, as he hung Giovanna's date Stan upside down from the apartment window.
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

"Ow! Ow!" screamed Stan. "Stop doing that! I"m not Archie Leach, and you're not Otto!"

--------------------
~Tortuf

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"And you, Reno, to -- tto -- hhhell wwith you!" stuttered Stan as he contemplated his gambling losses.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Sessions with Giovanna - romantic and otherwise - burbled up in Ed's mind, causing him to consider a reconciliation, theft of the Ferrari notwithstanding.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Standing in the pouring rain, Ed fantasized about holding Giovanna or, preferably, an umbrella.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Llandudno, in the rain, on early-closing day, may not be everyone's idea of Heaven.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

He a ventilator sorely craved as Giovanna's ample bosom pressed against his diaphragm.

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

"A GM car?" yelled Ed, "I specifically requested a Ford!"

--------------------
~Tortuf

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Ordnance is what Giovanna craved, her mood turning murderous.
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rousing tunes like Land of Hope and Glory may often be heard on the Last Night of Proms.

[ 11. July 2017, 18:04: Message edited by: Sipech ]

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
So Giovanna's guardian angel stopped by with a Nerf Bazooka, and showed her how to fire the harmless, squishy, foam balls.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

All sorts of places sell them, buy yours at your local toyshop!

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Oy! Shopping -- that's all you ever seem to do!" the chorus of Giovanna's men friends wailed in unison as she made a beeline for the nearest emporium.

--------------------

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"I, um, I'd like to make a deal with you", said Satan to Giovanna, "You work for me and I'll get you all the weapons you could ever wish for. Guns, knives, you name it. I'll even throw in a company car. That's more than my old employee, Ken, ever got. Mind you, he never actually did any work."
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Kook," Giovanna said, "I'M taking over; if you're very, very smart, *you'll* ask to work for *me*; meantime, who the HELL was your decorator???"

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

"Rat! Or something worse!" Satan screamed.

[ 13. July 2017, 12:15: Message edited by: Pangolin Guerre ]

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

A medical examination may be necessary from time to time, but it is not always desirable.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, Giovanna came to save the day.

--------------------
~Tortuf

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Days passed before Ed saw Giovanna again,and he longed for her embrace.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Brace yourselves, folks, Giovanna has come to "help"!

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

El Paso, Texas, was where Giovanna decided to hide out, as she thought that it would never occur to her vengeful sister Theodora - "Teddy" to friend and enemy alike - to seek her in such climes.
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

"Limes?", said Ray to Ed, "Is that what Giovanna told you her business was? On the Mexican border. That's a good one."
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"One way to Heaven, straight up," said a passing seraph to Satan, who was retching at the thought of working for Giovanna; "would you like a lift, Lucifer--I know it's been a long time; but surely that adjustment would be easier than working for Giovanna; oh, good, just grab my hand...ok, here we are; hi, Pete, this one's a straight to the Boss special; be kind to each other, ok?" and she sped off to the Andromeda galaxy.

--------------------

Pangolin Guerre
Shipmate
# 18686

Xylographer of considerable talent, Teddy bided her time carving an image of Giovanna in a Ferrari - in El Paso!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  134  135  136  137  138  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016