homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Singes tinge material with indelible marks and a nasty smell that is ingrained.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rained yesterday, I'm sure, somewhere, but not here where, again, it snowed.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, Wednesday comes after Tuesday!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Daymares are not as often heard of as nightmares.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy.
Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, vying with my brothers, managed to get the task done faster and more efficiently.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bean Sidhe
Shipmate
# 11823

- Posted      Profile for Bean Sidhe   Email Bean Sidhe   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lycopene - tis enough to make you blush!
Posts: 4363 | From: where the taxis won't go | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lush! That's enough wine for you!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yo, underlings - do my will or you die!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Di embraced the role of fairy-tale princess.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Diets of seal blubber and fish, the former shot, the latter netted or hooked, are common among the Inuit.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nuit Blanche is an all night art festival probably having nothing to do with Kipling's poem La Nuit Blanche except the sleeplessness.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Less Nessie souvenirs would bring down the kitsch level of the gift shops in a certain region of Scotland.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Lands End is the furthest anyone can go West in this part of the world.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Or L.D. because they leave off the S frequently.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Lyrics of some songs are far too sentimental for me.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Al formerly known as Princess Alexandria Richenda Matilda Amelia Debbie Alaska had come a long way since the overthrow of the Ruritanian monarchy and now worked in a used bookstore in Brighton.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"Right on!" was a popular form of affirmation, back in the late sixties.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Six ties is probably more than the average bloke needs these days.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Hesed, ay, sometimes spelled "chesed," is the Hebrew word for God's loving-kindness.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Nessun Dorma was made popular by Pavarotti.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rot! 'Tis the footie World Cup that made it popular.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Larboard is an old term for the port side of a ship, easily confused with starboard if yelled in high wind or during battle.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Battle-axe is not a polite word for an old woman, no matter how crabby she is.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

quote:
Originally posted by Mamacita:
Battle-axe is not a polite word for an old woman, no matter how crabby she is.

Byshe is the middle name of Shelley the poet, but mispelt.
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Spelt flour is a popular alternative to wheat flour, especially for people with an allergy.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Gyroscopes are useful for keeping things in balance.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Lances were the main weapon of war at one time, though the difference between them and pikes may be subtle, once being for foot soldiers and the other mounted.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Her mount educated many previous riders, even those who couldn't manage to sit a rocking chair.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Hair colourings are sometimes too bright and make people look weird.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Weir, dam, etc. all try to control the flow of water on a river.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I very much enjoy the early spring flowers.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Low erstwhile companions from his ragged trouser days were discarded once he reached millionaire status.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Tat us? no, but maybe henna.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Hen, naturally, laid an egg.

--------------------

Jemima the 9th
Shipmate
# 15106

- Posted      Profile for Jemima the 9th     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gregariousness in others is a joy to behold.
Posts: 801 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Joy, Tobe, hold on to what you've got!

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

You vego twit! of course its a vegetable, licorice.

[ 13. April 2014, 19:11: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Rice is good with curry, especially Basmati.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A tick is good on your homework but bad on a sheep.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Heep, U: the 'umblest man you could wish to meet.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"...tome, etc", said the librarian finishing off a list of synonyms for "volume".

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Lumen, in biology, is a noun used for the inside space of an artery.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Art? Er, yeah, I knows what I likes.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Til Ike's daughter began singing, the party had been enjoyable.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Joy able-handedly whisked away the table cloth while leaving intact the crockery.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rocker? Yes, I suppose I was but it was a long time ago.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

A Golden Retriever can be an adorable dog.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A bled ogre is less problematic than one that still has its full compliment of life fluid.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Flu identified by aches and pains, coughs and sneezes and a high temperature sweeps through the population from time to time.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016