homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 2)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I rest all strained muscles by having a luxurious bubble bath.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bleb: a thing in cell biology, medicine and mineralogy is also a book of poetry, apparently.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Yap, parent!" lycra-clad teenage granddaughter Delishush responds to any attempt at discipline from my long-suffering son Tarquinette.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I netted a giant squid last time I went fishing with a paperclip on a piece of string.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[gah, Smudgie, barely do I find this thread than you pip me to the post!!]

[ 04. January 2014, 11:59: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
St. Ringworm is little known amongst hagiographers.

[ [Razz] ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Rap her sharply on the knuckles if she won't behave.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

"Hew on t'B, 'e have to!" exclaimed the alarmed Lancashire stonecutter, on seeing that his less experienced colleague had no option but to attempt to disguise his misspelling of the gravestone epitaph by chiselling a bit more off.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Offended Victorian matrons left with their noses in the air.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

Organist of the Jedi Temple
# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He airs all the family's dirty laundry.

--------------------
Jasmine, little cat with a big heart.

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
latecomer
Apprentice
# 8966

- Posted      Profile for latecomer         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dry cornflakes do not make pleasant eating

--------------------
Keep it simple - I can do simple

Posts: 27 | From: Somerset | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Tea tin gathering is an odd pursuit.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Suit yourself by bringing your own packed lunch.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Unchurched" is felt by some atheists to be a slightly insulting description.

[ 04. January 2014, 21:43: Message edited by: Lucia ]

Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Script Ionic Greek is a requirement for scholars of this Byzantine palimpsest.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nepali MPs established parliament again five years after it was dissolved by the king.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ingots of gold are a relatively safe investment in the current economic climate.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Lima tends to be the first city that springs to mind when one thinks of Peru.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Inks of (per unit) one part squid juice and three parts water can often be rather too runny.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The RTO or UN NY office leads much of aid efforts throughout the developing world.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Or LD (The Liberian Dollar) may be exchanged for Pounds Stirling instead of trying to work with travellers' cheques.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"RSC," he questioned, "or do you mean the Globe is where you saw that performed?"

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

For medication please refer to an alternative pharmaceutical supplier.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Calsup pliers are of excellent quality.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

- Posted      Profile for jedijudy   Email jedijudy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A lit yellow candle can chase the blues away!

--------------------

Posts: 18017 | From: 'Twixt the 'Glades and the Gulf | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saw, aye saw with speed that firewood, faithful woodsman.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Manipulation is not permitted in the Circus.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cussed Circus Hosts taking our fun away!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
We sing Irish songs in a choir at the Irish Cultural Centre in our town.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
jedijudy

# 333

Tow new sentences from the backside of the previous one!

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Pre VI, o US one, comes V in Roman Numerals as formerly used on the Old Continent.

[and well played to restore order [Biased] ]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

On tin engravings you will find many an interesting image.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Rest, tin GI mage, your unexpected call-up to replace missing Melchior in the Nativity Crèche will soon be over with the advent of Epiphany.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Any Circus host is permitted to conjure up extra letters in "everlasting", but I don't think mere mortals are allowed to.
jedijudy

# 333

All owed tomatoes are not considered ransomed by bushels of zucchini.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chin in hand God surveyed creation (especially Job) and thought oh what a tangled web.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

At angle "D", web-based cetacean Jonah benefited from a good vantage point on the internet quadrilateral from which to spot inadvertent letter-adding by Eutychus [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Hustling your way onto this thread by inserting random new letters in a bid to make an impressive overlapping sentence is not exactly a trait which is to be encouraged. [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Our aged brains will do their best to comply.

--------------------

pjl
Shipmate
# 16929

- Posted      Profile for pjl   Email pjl   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Plywood dust is what I have for brains this morn.
Posts: 576 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rains this morning have taken away our snow.

<yes, I take the low-hanging fruit> [Biased]

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Now is the winter of our discontent.
latecomer
Apprentice
# 8966

- Posted      Profile for latecomer         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
contents of this post may vary from illustration on package

--------------------
Keep it simple - I can do simple

Posts: 27 | From: Somerset | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

"On, on, pack!" a gentle sled driver urged the huskies.
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Skies are blue but the temps are frigid.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

A ref, rigid with cold from the freezing temperatures and boredom from from the lacklustre game, declared it a draw and sloped off home for hot chocolate with squirty cream and marshmallows.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"shmall ow's y' father" he slurred, then promptly burst into laughter at his own punchline and slumped face first onto the bar.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ton tot he barely knew sat heavily on his foot and flattened it.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ten editors sitting on the wall.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Wally George out-blustered Rush Limbaugh by a mile.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016