homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 26)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Row, row, row your boat" they all sang, drunkenly.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Run Ken!" Lyra shouted in warning as the pantechnicon approached.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Roach education was in some quarters (though inhalation was discouraged for presidential hopefuls) a preferred methodology of introducing new generations to the ambiguities implicit in inhalation of Cannabis Sativa.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ivan the Terrible was, arguably, not the best role model for a Trappist Monk.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rappist monkeys might be the first to show the world how animals can master the arts of language and music.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Us I can imagine dancing to that kind of thing, but most other people would probably be rather reticent.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Her reticent cat only made an appearance when there was fresh fish for tea.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fresh fish for tea, I bring for you to gut.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Tog 'ut' might be an unusual name for a London fashion boutique.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O Gutenberg, thou art the patron saint of bookworms, unlike Guttenberg, who is the patron saint of 80s comedy.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Come, dye your hair pink if that will bring you contentment.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tent: mental way of spending your holidays.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our holiday surprise was a day trip to Disneyland, Paris - quite a way to go from Cape Town!

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Pet owners sometimes resemble the creatures they adopt.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pterodactyls are rarely seen these days, except in a museum.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In a muse? Um, no, just daydreaming.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mingling with others at cocktail parties can be uncomfortable for an introvert.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rover - the car manufacturer - was often favoured by the elderly.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

The elder, lying down on the floor, claimed that a hard surface was good for his back.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is backgammon really an Olympic sport?

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Or tennis - I mean, who'd call that a sport?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hat as portal? Maybe for a rabbit.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Bitten footballers might have good reason to complain.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Son, to complain is to be lazy and ungrateful," advised the wise father.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sefa the rabbit was known for a violent temperament, but never carried an axe like that nefarious Kelly Alves.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Vesting for a service does not mean putting on your granddad's old stringie.

[ 25. June 2014, 20:36: Message edited by: Chorister ]

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Old string, ie the pieces you've saved from parcels in the 1940's in case you might need them one day, is probably not worth keeping now.

--------------------

Pearl B4 Swine
Ship's Oyster-Shucker
# 11451

- Posted      Profile for Pearl B4 Swine   Email Pearl B4 Swine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dad sold string. I eventually took over the business.

--------------------
Oinkster

"I do a good job and I know how to do this stuff" D. Trump (speaking of the POTUS job)

Posts: 3622 | From: The Keystone State | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

The bus in Essen was packed with commuters, so we ended up walking to our hotel.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our hot elephant monopolized the swimming pool.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Oolong is a rather special variety of tea.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Oft each of the children came to listen to a story.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

As Tory welfare cuts result in increased misery for some of the most vulnerable in society, IDS remains in denial that he is Himmler's disciple.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I pleased my parents when I became financially independent.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Pen dents in your car bonnet are an obvious risk when you lean on the car to write directions for a friend.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Endearing though it may appear, a baby elephant isn't likely to be a wise choice of pet.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Ho! "Ice of Petunia" was a failure as a perfume.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Urea's a perfume which also did not fly off the shelves.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Elves rarely make an appearance these days.

--------------------

Uncle Pete

Loyaute me lie
# 10422

- Posted      Profile for Uncle Pete     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Day's dawning forces me to get out of bed.

--------------------
Even more so than I was before

Posts: 20466 | From: No longer where I was | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

To get out of Bedlam is not a universal wish of the inmates.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

The 'in' mate still is the one who stands by us through thick and thin.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ought Hick and thingamajig have planned this better; because on current form they don't look as if they could organise anything.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thin gnomes out-perform maiden wizards in all economic indicators.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Cindi Cat or Sammy Puppy? Which cute fluffy toy should I give to my young niece?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Young Nie celebrated the Chinese New Year by dancing in the procession.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

The process ionised the surrounding air for several metres.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Al met residents of the village as he passed through on his sponsored walk.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Ed Walker actually is the one who passed through.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rough, outdoorsy types do that sort of thing a lot.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016