homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 28)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Amir Emrra
Apprentice
# 18100

- Posted      Profile for Amir Emrra   Email Amir Emrra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fi! End this foolish theatre!
Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eat reheated food . . . perish the very concept!

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Conception Bay is a picturesque part of the coast of Newfoundland.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New! Found landed on the beach - albatross near Polperro.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Per room, four might sleep, but they might be a bit cramped.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pedestrians had best stay off the roadway.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Amir Emrra
Apprentice
# 18100

- Posted      Profile for Amir Emrra   Email Amir Emrra   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dwayne was not happy.
Posts: 37 | From: UK | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'App', yes, that's another word that's arrived in the 21st century dictionary.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On a Ryanair flight, you shouldn't expect too many frills.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rills running down the mountainside made it look veined with silver.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ned, with Silve, ran for the bus and puffed all the way home.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Homer was the name of a Greek poet, and also of my old music teacher's dog.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Doggerel has it's place - mainly outside!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Yout'!" Sid ejaculated frustratedly, as the boy dribbled a football between the steel pans he played.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lay education is surely part of the clerical role.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

The cleric, Al, role-played Peter in the story, as he lost it and fell into the water.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Into the water, falling, was, many years ago now, a running gag in The Goons.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Go on south for about three miles and then you'll turn left at the corner of Wilshire and Fairfax.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ax murderers are said to lurk in the shadows at Shipmeets.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Meet Sean, the new epitome of Celtic sang froid

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Fro' identifies itself in language only as 'To and Fro', so it seems.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
See? "Ms" is accepted as a standard abbreviation despite objections from purists.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

St. Stephen is generally reckoned to be the first Christian martyr.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Martyrdom, in a lesser sense, is something at which my grandmother excelled.

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
cell education models have shown marked advantages over larger class or even congregational constructs.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Construct so many new buildings and your supply of space will exceed the demand.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Mandatory guidelines are a bit of an oxymoron.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Moron" used to be a psychological category, but now it is only an insult.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Aninsul", Toby told the pharmaceutical company, "is my new extra powerful headache remedy".
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'R.E.M.,' Ed yawned, 'says that my sleep patterns are why I'm always dozy.'

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do Zywiec Beers taste better than Budvar?

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Varieties of beer include stout, lager and pale ale.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Pa Leale carved the roast, while ma dished out the vegetables.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

"Get able sailors!" yelled Nelson at the battle of Trafalgar.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Gardens can be hard work but gorgeous if well tended.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ten deductible items on the policy means that the insurers never have to pay out.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Pa, youth clubs are for young folks, not the doddery like you!"

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Key outsourcers are usually found in places like India, these days.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Sed -- ay, sir, that's the Spanish word for thirst.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Hirst leaves me cold, while Picasso really turns me on.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Eons go past yet to God it is a mere blink of an eye.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Fan eyed the movie star shyly, then asked for his autograph.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Graphology is a rather imprecise guide to personality.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Topers on a Lity* can disrupt the solemnity of the procession.

(* Orthodox Easter procession)

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Process I on the feast day, with aplomb.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Lombardy is a region in Italy which looks very picturesque.

--------------------

MSHB
Shipmate
# 9228

- Posted      Profile for MSHB   Email MSHB   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Esquel is a town in Patagonia.

[ 20. July 2014, 06:46: Message edited by: MSHB ]

--------------------
MSHB: Member of the Shire Hobbit Brigade

Posts: 1522 | From: Dharawal Country | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

On iambic pentameters I am hardly an expert.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ex-pert is what happens to some body parts due to ageing.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Art's "Duet o' Age in G" is a lesser known composition

[ 20. July 2014, 12:22: Message edited by: Curiosity killed ... ]

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016