homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 33)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oscar edited several well known magazines.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gazin', especially rude if what you're really doin' is starin'.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" is a regular feature on Top Gear.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earmuffs are not really chic.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hiccups, when you also upchuck a little, reminds me of an article in the magazine The Walrus entitled At the Whiskey Tasting, which I recommend to everybody.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Very body-conscious people tend to look in the mirror and step on the scales more often than is really necessary.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Aryan people, or those who called themselves such, invaded India from the central Asia sometime in pre-history and pushed south the Dravidians.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ian's coconuts were stuck fast into the shy.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's hysterically funny, that Eddie Izzard bloke!

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lo! Keryg commands my dutiful attendance said the Wuss. I must abandon this frivolity with hoi polloi.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pollo Inchiladas were featured at the Mexican restaurant where the menu contained many spelling errors.

[ 16. August 2014, 21:32: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Linger! Rorsasch Test to be completed before proceeding.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ding! Dong! Ding! Dong! go the church bells - but this morning I just ignored them and stayed in bed.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aye, din-bedevilled church bells disturb anyone's Sunday well-deserved rest.

(Fortunately the bell ringers here are on holiday too)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Served rested roast beef on Sunday, so much easier to carve.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Car very slow out of the garage this morning. Must remember to open door first in future.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ure, Midge: singer with the excellent band Ultravox.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Vox was Bono's original stage surname, but it fell into disuse.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Tod is useful in the garden, but he sometimes pulls out plants instead of weeds.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Ed's now calling himself Edward, which we all think is a bit too posh.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

O shit! I've locked myself out!

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Elf outpaced by Goblin' read the headline after the marathon.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

A thong is something you will not find me wearing.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A ring through the end of his nose appears, I believe, in Alice.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

[or, more probably, in Lear]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

In learning 'The Owl and the Pussycat' as a child, I gave myself pleasure for my adult years, and for as long as my memory holds out.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Old sou. That's all I got - one miserable out-of-date foreign coin - last time I busked in Berkeley Square.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Quare is a word rarely used in England, Scotland and Wales but is more common in Ireland

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I relanded my canoe on a sandy bank after first getting it tangled in the reeds.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Angled in there?" Ed said to the potholer.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

The pot hole, round and deep, had held the toad in place until I disturbed it.

--------------------

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bed itch may be caused by bugs.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Bugsy Malone is one of the many films I've never seen.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Verse encountered in school may turn one away from poetry.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"Poe, try to write something that isn't gloomy," said young Edgar Allen's teacher.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cherish what is good and true in one another.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Her touchiness meant that nothing I said could ever be right.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Righteousness -the real and rare kind- is indistinguishable from self-righteousness in the mind of the self-righteous.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Ousted dictators are frequently extremely bitter.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bitter is okay but in my beer drinking days I always preferred mixed or half and half or mild and bitter or whatever else it may be called across the country.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Count rye bread in the list of things you must have for a proper corned beef sandwich, along with a good mustard.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Tar drums used by road menders in the past had a smell of their own.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rowntrees Fruit Gums were one of my favourites.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Rites of passage are important for the emotional and spiritual development of young people.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

O, please will you keep that door closed!

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Lose dead skin by scrubbing with a loofah.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

"...wit halo of a haggis" - famous Portrait of Rabbi Burns by Leonardo.

[ 28. August 2014, 19:44: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Nard -- oil derived from the spikenard plant, and quite expensive -- caused Judas to have a fit when it was poured on Jesus' feet.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Eternal" is another word for "Everlasting" so could have been a viable alternative for the title of this thread.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Read the directions first" is a familiar but sadly underused policy for many sorts of projects.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016