homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 4)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's always a treat to have someone new playing on this thread, especially when they do so as creatively as Chocoholic. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'O lickle town of Bethlehem' was a favourite carol of mine when was a nipper.
Posts: 62 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Perchance would you like to purchase a perch, but failing that, how about an octopus?

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To pus or not to pus, that is the spotty question.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Potty quest I only undertook in order to save my carpets when my friend's daughter visited, resulted in me buying three new potties, one for each room of the house.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouse, I seem to remember from school, is a river in the North of England, but given all the flooding it could be anywhere now!

(Thank you for one at top of page Smudgie [Smile] )

Posts: 773 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

- Posted      Profile for Sherwood     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No, we do not eat with our fingers, we have cutlery for a reason.
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

- Posted      Profile for Chocoholic     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are a son's toy usually broken quicker than a daughters's as my friends tell me their boys are more boisterous?
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Er, Ouse is definitely a river, if I recall correctly.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Directly flowing through the centre of York
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Orkney, not so much - but at least (not saying I've never made the mistake, mind) the beginning of my sentence takes all the letters at the end of the previous one [Razz]

[ 11. January 2014, 18:03: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

Oneiromancy isn't a talent that I posses.
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

(Not part of the game, oh fiddle, I boobed! Sorry, beginners stupidity!)
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tip 'osse's manure onto the garden for excellent roses.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

Ros Esterhase waited for years for a Christmas card from her civil servant cousin, Toby, before giving up and throwing away his address.
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Dressing to impress, Choccie was embarrassed to find a pair of knickers that had been hiding in her trouser leg fell out.

(not part of game, trying to make amends for earlier stupidity!)

[ 11. January 2014, 20:19: Message edited by: Chocoholic ]

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Louts really are a problem, the way they hang around the street making noise, intimidating people and generally making a nuisance of themselves.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Of them "S" elves, who bore the Silmarils from Angmar in the Middle Years, the Lords of Westron tell us naught; but in addition to equivocal Hungarians called Esterhase, John Le Carré also refers to espionage listeners as "elves" - an in-house moniker.

[ 11. January 2014, 21:54: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kerosene should not be used to get rid of either louts or elves.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Out, sorel!" Vespasian shouted at the young deer that had wandered into his imperial palace.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alban
Shipmate
# 9047

- Posted      Profile for Alban   Email Alban   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alp: a lace piece made in a conical shape with uneven edges, resembling the snow line upon a Swiss mountain peak.

--------------------
Whoever you are, wherever you go, Hophtrig is your friend!

Posts: 722 | From: Under a (long white) cloud | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In peak season, we get lots of tourists wearing anoraks.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ga! No Rak's chutney left so I'll have to resort to using the shop-bought stuff.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ought stuff-and-nonsense be classified as Not Quite Polite?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I tempered my reply with the milk of human tolerance.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ran Cedric off the premises before breakfast, most satisfying!

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Yin goes with yang like peanut butter goes with jelly.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Lychee jam is rather an acquired taste.
Sherwood
Shipmate
# 15702

"Ta, Stevie!" Mick Fleetwood said, after Ms. Nicks laid down another sterling vocal track.
Scarlet

Mellon Collie
# 1738

- Posted      Profile for Scarlet         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Acknowledgement of differences in musical styles can alleviate many arguments over genre.

--------------------
They took from their surroundings what was needed... and made of it something more.
—dialogue from Primer

latecomer
Apprentice
# 8966

- Posted      Profile for latecomer         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gen. Redwood ordered his forces to attack with all force

--------------------
Keep it simple - I can do simple

Posts: 27 | From: Somerset | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

For cedar trees to thrive they need water and sunshine.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

I never allow the cat to sleep on the bed.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Bedside table are very useful for keeping a lamp on.
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ponds should be avoided by this doctor and the next.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Then extra-terrestrial beings should restrict themselves to their own planet and not think of invading ours.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Ding our sensational new doorbell to be let in
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Tingling fingers and toes are often a first sign of frostbite.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It even means that you may have fallen in love.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Overbreathing can also cause it
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Use it with care, though, or you may live to regret it.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Egret itineries include wading looking for food and flying south for winter
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Interminably long sermons are likely to send me to sleep.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Lee pretends to understand the rules of this game but rarely gets it right.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

This must count as a fairly poor attempt, I'm grateful there are no scores!
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Reno's core stability is questionable, but not as questionable as the tenuous links some people make on this thread. [Biased]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Reading the rules again I note that my last attempt didn't count as I only ovrelapped 1 letter, I am sorry I'm not very good at this [Frown]
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Sometimes an overlap of only one letter is all that is humanly possible and you should ignore the teasings of flippered folk in such cases.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As essential as ignoring teasing may be, it is normally considered foolish to ignore the wisdom of folk with flippers.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Chocoholic
Shipmate
# 4655

Personally I find that very reassuring, thank you both, I shall relax and carry on!

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016