homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 45)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A sad "Uck" was all he said as he expired.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pi redacted it's claim to be the inspiration behind a certain sweet when faced with a claim from a gamma bear.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Argate?", I said. "Are you sure you don't mean Margate?", "No, Argate", he replied. "Where's that?", I asked. "At the back of ar house", he replied.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Here plied the jeweler at her craft.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Afternoon tea at 4 p.m. with crumpets and scones is an inevitable delight.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lightning is a rather exciting sort of weather.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There are several better ways, imho, of getting excited!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, TED fan number one in the world, disagree with you because of something some famous person said without notes but with a snazzy PowerPoint.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ointment needed urgently - I've burnt my hand!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Posts: 13030 | From: Boogie Wonderland | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Handle with care.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
With car expired due to faulty clutch, I had to travel by bus.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Business in the retail sector is brisk in the run up to Christmas.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Christ mastered the art of upsetting hypocrites.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It especially excites me when a young lady offers me her seat on a bus.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Busking for a living can be a precarious existence.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is ten cents enough to buy even a gumball?

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Allopathic remedies seem to work quicker than Homeopathy and the like.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The likeness I saw in the mirror was not a pretty sight.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sightless fish live in the dark depths of the ocean.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

- Posted      Profile for Boogie     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ceanothus require fertile, well-drained soil and full sun.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sunshine is in very short supply today, here in Suffolk.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Uf folk ftill fometimef like to write in an old fafhioned manner.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hi!"
"O, Ned, man - nervous?"
"What, of tandem bungee-jumping with a crocodile?"

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

Dilettantes love to dabble in paint.

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aintree Racecourse comes to life each year for the running of the Grand National.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

At Iona, leotards are the fashion de rigueur.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'European' is not how many people think of themselves.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Elves are my least-favorite Christmas characters.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Act? Erstwhile proponents of the art include Peter Sellers and Alec Guinness.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

In Nessie's view, lake monster tourists are primed to be punked.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Keds is another word for men's underpants.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Foremen 'sunder, pants! they've seen us playing cards" said the warehouseman.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Houseman is, I think, the old title of a doctor in the UK who is on the path to becoming a Consultant but has not yet reached the level of being a Registrar.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Gist - rarely used nowadays instead of essence.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Essen cement is not half as good as the stuff they make in Portland.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Port landed in the cove from a fishing vessel was distributed around the village - and it tasted as cheap as it cost.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Sit, 'cos to get a seat that's closer to the stage this late is gonna be well nigh impossible.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

I blew the leaves into my neighbour's garden using the leaf blower.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lower back pain can be very debilitating.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

I lit, at Ingworth Church, the largest candle I have ever seen.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Verse encourages thinking outside the box.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Thin King outside the boxing ring' read the headline following the spectacular knockout in the match between Elvis impersonators.

[ 08. December 2014, 12:17: Message edited by: Raptor Eye ]

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

"I'm person at Orson Wells museum" said the very lost and confused Belgian lady at Madame Tussauds.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ada met us 'Sauds' up town an' we 'ad a right ol' fashioned cockney knees-up.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

(Didn't know that "Sauds" did Cockney - must have been Arabic rhyming slang! Very clever [Overused] ).

Supper is an ambiguous meal; earlier or later, larger or smaller, depending on your perceived position within the social spectrum.

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pec trumps gluteus maximus, I should think, when contemplating the appeal of muscles.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lester Pigott was a fine jockey.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Jock, eyeball this painting and tell me if it is hanging crooked.

--------------------

Boogie

Boogie on down!
# 13538

"Crook Edits Tabloid" - no news there then!

--------------------
Garden. Room. Walk

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

"'Ere then", said the Cockney taxi-driver, alerting me to the fact that I had not given him enough money for my fare.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016