homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 54)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OP on the organized religions of the world thread was written by a troll.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
At Rolls Royce, it was always regarded as unacceptable to come to work driving a Reliant Robin.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Memoriam, by Alfred Lord Tennyson is a poem I had to study at school.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
atschoo !!! lots of people seem to have colds at the moment

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mental arithmetic is something I have always enjoyed.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Enjoy edifying conversations? Come and join the Ship!

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's hip, in his glasses, skinny jeans, and goatee.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Jo, in thesh ip .. ip ... emporium, hic, can you find me shome more beer?" slurred the drunken reveller.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
El Lerdo was known as the village idiot of his small, Oaxacan pueblo, but he knew more than most of his fellow townsfolk realized.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Liz educated her students to a very high standard.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And Ardal O'Hanlon was the glue that held the cast of Father Ted together.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ether has a notable position in the history of anaesthesia.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"He's Ian the window cleaner" explained the housewife when her husband enquired of the strange man in the bedroom.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ed roomed with a party animal during his first year at UCLA and wound up having to repeat some courses, much to his parents' chagrin.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rinse thoroughly after washing.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A shingle came loose on my roof.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Of shoes and ships and sealing wax and cabbages and kings.

[please note, this line may not be original]

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sandking seems to be either a game hero character/monster on its own series or an off-road utility vehicle invented for the Grand Theft Auto computer game

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

American sports are sometimes difficult for outsiders to comprehend.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Hen deaths due to Zombie attacks are thankfully rare.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are they really?

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Real lynxes can be found throughout the northern hemisphere.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Here, there'll probably still be snow on the ground at Easter.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Sterile containers are essential when making jam or marmalade.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

"Arm a lad even if it leads to his death!" is the cry of many a warmonger.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Monger is an old fashioned word for a trader, and a new fashioned word for a gossip.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

For a go, S, siphon off some petrol, add to a bottle and some rags, set light to the rag, lob towards your target and skedaddle smartish.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Art is history. Science is math. Theology is cooking. Pimple is drunk.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Run, Kevin, the bear is right behind you!

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

"Ouch!" said Kevin. I should have run faster.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Asters were a favourite of my mother.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The roller-skating rink is populated by bunnies skating to the "Human Hop".

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Hope Street, in Liverpool, links the two Cathedrals.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Also Ran' would have been a better name for my nag than 'The Winner.'

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

"Win Nerys Hughes' heart" was one of my ambitions as a boy - being in love with Sandra from "The Liver Birds"

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Birdsong was a notable character in one of the Tales of the City books by Armistead Maupin.

[ 25. February 2015, 02:15: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Up in the Rockies one can find glorious places to explore.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lorelei is not a suitable companion for a cruise down the Rhine.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Her hiney was the stuff of legends!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Leg ends are more commonly called
"feet."

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Fee transfers are now rarely made in cash.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Inca shortbread tastes best when eaten in the Andes.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Des eats his shortbread in his undies.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

Sun dies early in winter.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lyin', winterin', simperin' meteorologists - how I despise 'em!

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

"I seem to have come out without my wallet", said the unspeakable cad when the bill for dinner arrived.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Rive Droite does not have the deliciously scandalous reputation of the Rive Gauche.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Chester used to be a delightful place to shop.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Tosh! Opinions vary, but that's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard," said the fellow panelist.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Pane listing normally refers to the sizes of glass needed for windows.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016