homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 55)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In dowsing, rods are used to indicate the presence of water.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ate real good this mornin'", said the farmhand in the bunkhouse.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
House mice are little terrors.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Let error-strewn posts be things of the past by using preview post.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Osteoporosis is a very nasty condition causing weakening of the bones.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The "B" one strikes must be in tune.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tu ne quaesieris are the opening words of Horace's Carpe diem poem.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Emetics are useful but generally unpleasant.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Pleasant!" said the pheasant.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hep - he, as Anthony. Her Cleopatra didn't quite cut the mustard, though.

[That's just crying out for links but I'm afraid I haven't got the time. That could be a whole new game, though!]

[ 28. February 2015, 15:53: Message edited by: pimple ]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thought I'd join in on this thread by responding to the post before last, but someone beat me to it.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me to it happens all the time...

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm exactly the same.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Sam explained it all in words of one syllable, but I still didn't grasp how the system worked, and so they sacked me.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ack!" Ed blurted, although he meant to be more articulate.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Late returns at the library incur fines.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nesting birds are not happy when I trim my garden hedge.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Edge detection is a feature of photo editing software

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

"WAR!" Exclaimed Edwin Starr, "What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!"

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ly No Thing is the pen name of a philosophizing Buddhist monk.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Kirsch I only know two things, it is made from cherries and it tastes fabulous poured over fresh pineapple.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

A p-plea from those of us who s-stutter. Give us a b-bit of room won'tcha?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

On't cha cha we got the full house, ten outta ten.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

At English schools, I would expect all the pupils to make daily vows of patriotic obedience in front of a picture of Queen Victoria.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rias are drowned river valleys; one example is the Kingsbridge Estuary in south Devon.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Evon" is the actual spelling used by a colleague whose name is usually seen as Yvonne.

[ 02. March 2015, 18:22: Message edited by: Mamacita ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

On New Year's Day, it is our custom to go swimming in the river.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Vertigo causes the sensation of a dizzy, spinning head.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Eadric the Wild led resistance against the Norman invaders in Shropshire.
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hire the applicant your gut tells you to, and then train thoroughly.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

"Aint, tho', roughly correck even, bro'" said my seven-year-old grandson, checking my IT homework.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Me work too much, need vacation.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Cations are hard to herd.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oh, er... do you think so?
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Youth Ink ? something about tattoos for pre-schoolers ?

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Ersatz coffee usually gives me a headache.

--------------------

Amanda B. Reckondwythe

Dressed for Church
# 5521

- Posted      Profile for Amanda B. Reckondwythe     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"AC", he said, DC being almost unheard of these days in electrical circuits.

--------------------
"I take prayer too seriously to use it as an excuse for avoiding work and responsibility." -- The Revd Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 10542 | From: The Great Southwest | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

It's a lovely sight when the snowdrops are flowering en masse.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Gen masseuse, Betty Fotherinshrew is - an even prettier sight...

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

<Sigh> The Ship of Fools can be so exasperating.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rat! In general it is not good form to criticise the bulletin board upon which you post. [Disappointed]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Ostentatious displays of wealth, in certain circles, are not considered to be "de rigeur".
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Europeans are less prone to such behaviour than their wealthy cousins across the pond - and why not? If you've got it, flaunt it!

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Aunt Itchy' is an appropriate nickname for a female relative with fleas.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

"Least said, soonest mended" was one of the pearls of wisdom that MY aunt used to say on a regular basis.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"As Is" markdowns can be a bargain, unless the item is damaged irreparably.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Par, ably sunk on the eleventh hole calmed his nerves after the double bogey shot on that hole the day before.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Ore is a suburb of Hastings, best known by many for its former electric train depot.

[ 08. March 2015, 08:04: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Potentates are often misunderstood and deeply lonely.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

One lycra base-layer for sale, purple, with large PIMPLE logo back and front. One only. Bargain at $250!

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016