homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 58)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tsar, every useful peasant--in fact, all the peasants have left the country. Nazdrovya!

(Nazdrovya = to your health.)

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda...

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Da da da dum. Da da da dum. Yeh that could work", mused Beethoven.

[ 29. March 2015, 19:29: Message edited by: Jammy Dodger ]

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oven chips really do not taste anywhere near as good as freshly fried chips, even though they are supposed to be better for me.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Formed out of armature and doughy layers of brightly colored fondant with only a modicum of actual cake, I suspect Duff Goldman's creations look much better than they taste.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As terrible as they may taste, they still won't be as bad as the crud my grandma used to produce.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Duces," according to the Urban Dictionary, is what the cool kids say when they leave, gesturing with two fingers in the air.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He aired his complaints in an annoying, nasal stream of consciousness.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Us Nessie Hunters must not lose heart when we miss a sighting

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A sight, Ingworth church is, a sight worth seeing when walking in the lovely countryside of Norfolk.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Folk think that it used to be nicer still, when it had black sheep grazing in the churchyard.

[ 31. March 2015, 13:34: Message edited by: Baptist Trainfan ]

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ardent supporters of Ipswich Town Football Club are too often disappointed.*

* I should know ... [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
SAP pointed Edward to the mistake he'd made when reconciling the debtors' ledger.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Ed, Gerald, and Brent signed up for the long jump in the L.A. Special Olympics.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LOL! YMpics.com have got some really cute shots of Yuri Michailovitch - Putin's pet poodle.

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Oodles" is one of those lovely, indefinable quantities.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, esoterically I suppose, love old novels.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
" 'ovels need bashin' dan, an' 'igh rise flats put up fer the workin' man," said the idiot cockney town planner.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Plan nerdish entertainment for the "Big Bang Theory" party, or would that be geekish?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eek, is Howard Wolowitz going to the BBT party?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Art yobs hang around street corners in smoking jackets, randomly shouting out quotes from Albert Camus.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

A must-have item for an art yob in a smoking jacket is a pipe with finely scented tobacco.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Accordions can provide a merry tune at a wedding.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ding, Dong! The witch is dead!" was sung by many upon the demise of Margaret Thatcher.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

Her name will live forever (but I don't have to like it).

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

To like Italian food, it helps not to be allergic to tomatoes.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

A toe set gently into the pool's shallow end convinced her that it was way too early (and chilly) to swim.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wimsey, Sir Peter, is a well loved character.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Act erratically if you want to be called an eccentric.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tricycles are more inherently stable than two-wheelers.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Eel ersatz was even less appealing than the real thing encased in jelly.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Case, din, jel, lychee: what connects these words?' read the book of word puzzles.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Puzzle," called Digory to the Narnian donkey.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

And on key, the a cappella choir completed their set of madrigals.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Mad Rigal sang of poets, peacocks, and profiteroles.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ole" shouted the toreador as he whisked the tablecloth off the table, leaving all the cutlery and crockery intact.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Tactile people are touchy feely.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eel, your favourite dish, is not easily come by.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Come By Chance is a town in Newfoundland with an oil refinery.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Re: fine rye flour - this can be purchased from the mill directly.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Direct lycanthropes tend not to ask you before they bite your head off.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Doffing your hat can tend to distract them, however.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

We very nearly chose avocado green for the entrance hall but thought better of it.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Fit young things won the marathon, while those with Zimmer frames took a lot longer to complete the course.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our second choice holiday would be Dorset: Brownsea Island and Durdle Door, but this year Aberystwyth and the Devil's Bridge railway just clinched it.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

"CLINCH EDITED OUT OF REMAKE OF LOVE STORY" read the headline in Censorship Weekly magazine.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Gaz" I never liked in The Full Monty, but "Dave" was my favorite character.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Terrestrial TV is almost a thing of the past.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

The past is prologue, but what is the epilogue?

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Guess you'll have to wait and see.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016