homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 59)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Seed of summer bedding plants and of vegetables is often sown at Easter, as are potatoes.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Re-pot a toe-sized plant if you want it to mature.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mat (urea compound usage his specialty) will receive his PhD. in chemistry from M.I.T. in June.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nervously I trod near to the edge of the cliff and peered over the rim, to see where the dog had gone.

[ 05. April 2015, 11:28: Message edited by: Raptor Eye ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Onerous tasks take their toll on my psyche.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Psych!" Edwin cried happily, after successfully pulling off a prank.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ankara may be the capital of Turkey but Istanbul is much larger.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Geriatric mothers are, apparently, any woman having her first child after the age of twenty-six!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Twenty-six skidoo," giggled the slightly drunken flapper.

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Personal appearance?" she queried, "You'll have to ask my agent."

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A gentleman would never ask a lady her age.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ady, her aged, wrinkled face shining in the glow of the sunset, gave a sigh and smiled that secret smile which held back in silence so much of all we wanted to know.

[ 06. April 2015, 13:39: Message edited by: Raptor Eye ]

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Now thank we all our God" is a translation from the German.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
The germ and the virus are two different things.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Rent thin g-strings and risk health as well as street cred.

--------------------

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ell, ass, tre, etc. reduce the English Language to short, snappy three letter words, causing Shakespeare, Will, to turn in his grave.

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

His gravestone read 'I told them I was ill!'

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A sill on one of her windows is the site of a nesting, pesky pigeon.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sky Pig, eons ago, was a flying dinosaur, albeit a fictitious one.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Us one-of-a-kinds don't give a rap for conventional wisdom- and obviously also conventional grammar.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Gram marks on my scales are very close together.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Very close to get her private stash of choc was she--the best Guittard, hidden under a floor board in a tin.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A tin containing a floorboard may seem unusual but not in her universe.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Iver's enigmatic railway station is not home to Ivor the engine, as eagle-eyed readers will note a subtle difference in the spelling.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lingering at the dinner-table with some good cheese and port can be very enjoyable.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Joy, able to relax at last, found herself at loose ends.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
End sentences not with a proposition.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ionic and Doric were two schools of Greek architecture.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Urea is apparently used as a flavour enhancer in cigarettes.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Are TT especially different from races held other than In the Isle of Man?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Manxmen would know the answer.

[ 10. April 2015, 15:01: Message edited by: Welease Woderwick ]

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Er," said the weary office worker, "that's MY sandwich!"

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

"I chew on your lunch," retorted the accountant to his nemesis.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sisterly acts cannot, by definition, be performed by brothers.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Others, particularly the transgendered, might think that a matter of some dispute.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Putey-Poot," cried Dubya ecstatically, as he slapped Putin on the back.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

He backed away quickly, preferring a more formal style of greeting.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ingratitude is sometimes hard to bear.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Ardto Bear, III" was listed on the book jacket as the author.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Thor hurled thunderbolts indiscriminately, he had a hangover.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Ada Han, go very quickly without running and fetch the headmaster" said the harassed teacher.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cher was splendid in Tea with Mussolini.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Solini" is, per the Glosbe. com online translator, "noun, 2nd declination other_forms".

--------------------

Meike
Shipmate
# 3006

- Posted      Profile for Meike   Email Meike   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Former host of TV show, whose name I hadn’t heard of until recently, appears to be widely unpopular on board this ship.

--------------------
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Posts: 250 | From: I like this place | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

His Ship password was lost in the detritus of his over-packed prefrontal cortex.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Cor! Tex Ritter's Boll Weevil and other songs can sometimes be found at car boot sales.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Sal Esteban invested in new DJ equipment for his event music company.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

"Anything you can do, I can do better."

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bette remains a star even though she is rarely referred to as The Divine Miss M these days.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Dayspring' is a Biblical word that doesn't fit easily into contemporary language.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016