homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 6)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rubbery cold toast is one of the most disgusting things known to man, or woman.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Woma Northern Territory pythons live in the desert and feed on Spiny Tailed monitors.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It (ORSCA) is the acronym for the Ontario Round Arm Softball Cricket Association, as I have just learned.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lear, Ned (or Edmund), Cordelia, and others are characters in that Shakespeare play featuring a blasted heath.

--------------------
Pondering.

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As Ted Heath used to say, "I don't think that modesty is the outstanding characteristic of contemporary politics."

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tics and mites can be a real nuisance!

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is ancestry an important factor in human intelligence, or is it more a result of nurture?

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ure, Cann, Cross and Currie: Ultravox (not forgetting original frontman John Foxx).

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Oxymorons such as 'O heavy lightness' decorate Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

"Et tu, Brute?" is also a Shakespearian line, and not a lyric sung by original Ultravox frontman, John Foxx [Razz]

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ox X-rays are performed only by specially trained vets due to the high mortality rate (of the vets not the oxen).

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ox enjoy almost everything except pulling carts and having people make soup out of their tails.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ailsa always did enjoy a good session of Strip The Willow

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will owls maintain their sagacity?

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Saga City, Japan is in the southern end of the country and known for its balloon festival.

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
STI? Val! What have you been up to?

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uptown Girl was a hit back in 1983 for Billy Joel.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Bill? Y. Joe liked to tick items off his electronic to-do list, although inserting the 'Yes' against the heating bill rip-off was a rather cold comfort ('scuse the pun!).

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Set "Hep unplugged" on the synthesizer, and let's go, shipmates!

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hip mat, especially the fluffy version, is very pretty but not particularly practical.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Act!' I called out to those wannabe hamsters with ever increasing exasperation.
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Rat - I only mention it in passing but the word you were looking for was not "hamster", it was "rat".

[blatant abuse of the hostly editing privilege to avoid anyone noticing I had totally mucked up my last attempt on this thread]

[ 17. January 2014, 18:12: Message edited by: Smudgie ]

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Twas rather bright earlier, regardless of what today's weather forecast foretold.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Ore', told the miner to the newcomer, 'is whar' the gold comes from. It's what we're a lookin' fer'.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

'Ere! a loo, kin: fertiliser source, so we need to get the 'ole family emptyin' it for manure!

[ 17. January 2014, 20:18: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Pooks
Shipmate
# 11425

- Posted      Profile for Pooks     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Man! Ur evidently was the place for dead royals to get robbed.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'O get robbed then!', I cried impatiently as he left the front door unlocked again!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ed, a gainfully-employed young man, was considered a good marriage prospect.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pectoral muscles like cast iron were among Ed's assets.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sass ETs and face the consequences.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Ace! the con sequence saw the audience glued to their seats, and Catch me if you can was a box-office success.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Cessation of this game will occur when someone posts a sentence which cannot be followed, although the likelihood of that when Eutychus is around is zilch!

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ZiL chose to major on truck and heavy equipment but also produced armored cars for most Soviet leaders, as well as buses, armored fighting vehicles, and aerosani.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aero's a nice chocolate bar if you like your chocolate with bubbles.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bubbles was my favourite character in Ab Fab, with the exception, perhaps, of June Whitfield as Gran.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"New hit! Field!" As G ran madly from marker to marker, the cry went out to find the ball.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

"In D!" The ball isn't in sectors A, B or C.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

- Posted      Profile for EtymologicalEvangelical   Email EtymologicalEvangelical   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Insect or Sabor? Clearly it was difficult to know which creature had inflicted the wound on Tarzan while he slept.

--------------------
You can argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome': but you neither can nor need argue with a man who says, 'Rice is unwholesome, but I'm not saying this is true'. CS Lewis

Posts: 3625 | From: South Coast of England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Ptarmigan, more likely, in my view; or an oryx.

--------------------

Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

Or y=x wrote the professor at the bottom of the blackboard in chalk.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Inch alkaline solutions forwards and acidic ones back slightly on the lab bench.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

A.B. Ben chose the Navy over the Army because of the smarter uniform.

--------------------

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Run if ormolu is being made to avoid inhaling the poisonous fumes.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

"F*** U!" Messages and other forms of communication were generally curt and to the point from Eric, the angry employee; this particular one being directed at his long-suffering boss.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ring Bo's sister Daisy and see if she's serving at the diner tonight, will you?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Will your circussy host notice that she has posted the same sentence twice?

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

Twi census indicates most speakers are in Ghana.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hana Mandlikova was a celebrated tennis-player from Czechoslovakia.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Adam.

Like as the
# 4991

- Posted      Profile for Adam.   Author's homepage   Email Adam.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A kia soul, I learnt from google, is commonly reputed to be a "girly car."

--------------------
Ave Crux, Spes Unica!
Preaching blog

Posts: 8164 | From: Notre Dame, IN | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
EtymologicalEvangelical
Shipmate
# 15091

Girl = y, career = x : these are the two axes; now let us plot the curve to see if there is a relationship between employment remuneration and dating success.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016