homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 61)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ling, seldom used these days, is another word for heather.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For heat, her grandmother burned coal, peats and old copies of the Guardian.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Pies of the guard, Ian, won the local cooking contest, narrowly beating Eric the engineer's quiches.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chesterfield? I hardly know it though I did drive through it once.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hit on Cecilia one more time and I'll knock your teeth through the back of your throat, douche-bag!" growled her fiance.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cecelia cried, "And then you'll have to deal with ME!", giving her best Xena ululation and waving her chakram.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Rameses was a pharoahic name.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Amelia Peabody is a Victorian Egyptologist in Elizabeth Peters' beloved mystery series--which some libraries keep under lock and key because it's so popular--and her son is nicknamed "Rameses".
[Smile]

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sesquilinear forms are not easy to explain to those unfamiliar with complex numbers.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Umber, Sienna, etc. are colours that come in two forms, one of them burnt.

--------------------

pimple

Ship's Irruption
# 10635

- Posted      Profile for pimple   Email pimple   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
oft hem burn to smithereens when squaw sit on roasting buffalo.

[with apologies, obviously!]

--------------------
In other words, just because I made it all up, doesn't mean it isn't true (Reginald Hill)

Posts: 8018 | From: Wonderland | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Aloe Vera grows in our back yard.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Arduous tasks are not best performed whilst under the influences of ethanol.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A "Noli me tangere" painting found in storage has been attributed to Artemisia Gentileschi.

ETA: Noli me tangere= touch me not

[ 23. April 2015, 13:13: Message edited by: Lyda*Rose ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Gentile schismatics," the Rabbi said, "Have, through the ages, founded their own churches."
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chester was Mr. Dillon's sidekick on the old TV show "Gunsmoke."

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Moke was a sort of alternative mini.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

I've miniature horses with the run of the house.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Use a condom, every time!" used to be my warcry.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Cry not, enjoy the peace!

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Ace Rimmer could be thought of as a name or an epithet.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Theta always seemed to represent an angle in my geometry classes.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lasses from Lancashire were teasing the lads from Llandudno.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Dud, no, don't do that," said Peter Cook to his sidekick.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To his side, kicking the ball was second nature, which was why they won the FA Cup.

--------------------

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cupolas can look very tasteful in the right setting.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Set tin guanas over there by the tin crosses and mirror frames, and price tag them, please.

--------------------

Piglet
Islander
# 11803

Leasehold is a form of property ownership which differs from freehold.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

"Old Friends sit on their park bench like bookends" said Simon & Grafunkel.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Grafunkel," Art commented, "is a form of the more common Garfunkel, although it is unknown whether this variation is regional or due to a typo."

[Razz]

[ETA: Deleted - oh so many, many - reposts, DT, Circus Host]

[ 27. April 2015, 20:03: Message edited by: Doublethink. ]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

(Whoa, girlfriend! [Eek!] )

Polar opposite lovers make good reading in the gossip rags.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

(I know. Computer went into a complete spasm and I couldn't delete fast enough.)

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Sip Ragsdales (fictitious) herbal remedy to rectify the problem of multiple vision.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Is ionised air good or bad for you?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Outlook is, in terms of email platforms, the nadir.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Then a directory popped up and he knew what he was looking for.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
O King, forget not the transgressions nor the misdeeds of Thine enemies, for verily they are manifold.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

"Man, I fold!" said the card player through gritted teeth, throwing down his hand.

--------------------

Garasu
Shipmate
# 17152

- Posted      Profile for Garasu   Email Garasu   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"And so say all of us", added his compatriots.

--------------------
"Could I believe in the doctrine without believing in the deity?". - Modesitt, L. E., Jr., 1943- Imager.

Posts: 889 | From: Surrey Heath (England) | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Riots in Baltimore last night were out of control.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Trolls are known neither for their good temper nor their wit.

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

"Heir with accessible trust fund wanted for LTR", said the relationship ad.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

I padded out my response for fear that the interview might otherwise be too short.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Orthopaedics is a branch of medicine dealing with bones.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Boneshaker' is an appropriate name for an old fashioned car with no suspension.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Suspensions are often what nasty tasting medicine is made from.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Romulan ale is Windex blue and packs a punch (or so I hear).

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ear trumpets are sadly out of fashion these days.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Aysgarth the dog has developed a severe case of dermatitis.

[ 30. April 2015, 09:58: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

"Ma tit is none o' your business" cried the woman who, being offered some tea, had been asked what kind of cup she preferred.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016