homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 70)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Andward" is an Old English word meaning "opposite" or "in the present".

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Resentments hurt the resenter more than the resentee.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
There's en tee, as an example of the end of a disguised insult.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sultry weather is about all we get during the monsoon.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Soon the summer might at last begin.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gin makes up for a lot.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lot's wife should have kept her eyes forward!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Here? "Yes" for Ward," was the answer from the local party secretary in response to a query from Headquarters.

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Terse remarks from their boss was something my staff got used to after a while.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hi, Lewis, I understand you hail from Wales.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Leslie does too, I think.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Ith ink needed for thith pen?", lisped the Igor.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"I gored him, I did; I gored him real good." said the dopey bull after the run at Pamplona.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Nat, Pam P, Lona and Dick were not impressed by the bull run that day.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Hat, da?" Ydris asked his father as he offered to hand him his cap.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Scapula" is the word I was hunting for (but failed to find) last night when gently massaging my wife's shoulder.

And that is actually true! BT.

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Derived from the Greek word skaptein, which means "to dig",the scapula is instantly recognisable from the fact that it is shaped like a shovel or spade.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hovel or spa? Deciding is so tricky.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

"Ick, yuck, bleugh......" were just some of the sounds coming from the bedroom when the bare foot of the cat owner made contact with the half-mouse donation on the carpet by her bed.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Herb education is very important for those wishing to expand their culinary talents.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lent sometimes is an appropriate season in which to take up something new, like cooking with herbs.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Her BSc was, if I recall, in chemistry.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"Linch 'em!"
"I's trying";
an exchange heard on the bus that led to speculation as to meanings of 'linch' in modern parlance.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lancelot was sometimes a VERY naughty boy!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Oyez, oyez, Round Table knight shags Queen Guinevere.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Never ever put slices of pizza in the DVD player.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lay ermine and sable on Guinevere's bed!

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"Never! 'E's bedridden? Who'd a thought it. 'E were always such a sprightly chap."

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lych, apparently, is a Saxon word for "corpse".

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibáwa weyu lárigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

See lych gates at old churches, the corpses are safely buried.

--------------------

Jonah the Whale

Ship's pet cetacean
# 1244

- Posted      Profile for Jonah the Whale   Email Jonah the Whale   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I educated myself about how to defend myself against zombies though, just to be on the safe side.
Posts: 2799 | From: Nether Regions | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Ideally one should be prepared for any eventuality.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ali typed the words, 'Ali typed the words, 'Ali typed the words, 'Ali typed the words...etc, etc. Ali is still typing.
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ping Pong is now better known as Table Tennis.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Is it?

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I think it is?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

"Ith in kit," Isabel lisped, responding to a question asking where to find the plasters.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

As terse answers often lack details please expand your answers where reasonably necessary.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Essary, Jesse Frederick, was an American journalist according to Wikipedia.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Diameter times pi equals circumference.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Central to the success of a wheel is the hub.

[ 01. August 2015, 19:25: Message edited by: Jammy Dodger ]

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hubris isn't all that it's cracked up to be.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

To bed before wed is frowned upon in some quarters.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Art, ersatz, is never as valuable as the real thing.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

There, alt hinges can be a form of internet links or spring or locking door mechanisms.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Isms" and "ologies" used to be vernacular terms for academic subjects.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

ECT, seldom used these days, used to be a common treatment for certain mental illnesses.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Sesquilinear forms aren't that hard to understand, but they proved a stumbling block for many an undergraduate.

[ 03. August 2015, 14:00: Message edited by: Sipech ]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Graduated sugar lumps might be formed into a stumbling block.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"Bling blocked. No Jewellery allowed." read the sign on the door.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016