homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 71)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Edo, or modernly Tokyo, has grown massive beyond all recognition in a century and a half.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Alfred the Great is renowned for burning cakes.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A kestrel is a particularly beautiful bird of prey.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reydon is a slightly cheaper neighbour to Southwold in Suffolk.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Old in SUF? Folk who follow Steam-powered User Forums would list games such as counter-strike.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I kept many relics of childhood, but train sets were not among them.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Ębleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He made that sound like it was a bad thing.

--------------------
Faradiu, dundeibįwa weyu lįrigi weyu

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In gospel truth, you got my gender wrong.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ongar is in the county of my birth.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

That means you're from Essex!

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ref, Rome's sexy moves distract the crowd.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

WD40 has a myriad of uses.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Fuses are much more sophisticated now, so that strips of foil can no longer be used as a permanent stopgap.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Apiarists presumably prefer B Movies.

--------------------

Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mo vies with impoverishment through his foundation
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Found at Iona: one pairs of crocs, slighlty worn, seeking reunion with their owner.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I row nervous passengers across the Lethe.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

- Posted      Profile for Oscar the Grouch     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He let her seductive smile beguile him.

--------------------

Posts: 3871 | From: Gamma Quadrant, just to the left of Galifrey | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Immense and immutable are the attributes of the Himalayas.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lay, as a term meaning non-ordained is a common term in some denominations.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
iNations is what we will eventually have when Apple's takeover of the world reaches its dénouement.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Entertainment is what wrestling isn't.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Tisn't! Tis! Tisn't! Tis!' the children argued, driving their father to distraction as he drove them to Wales.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ales, ciders and lagers can all vary considerably in percentage of alcohol.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"O Holy Night", lovely as it may be, gets totally wrung out for me by December twenty-fifth.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If the cap fits, wear it!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Swear it isn't so!

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Southampton Water leads down to The Solent.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

So, Lent then, what shall I give up next year?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Early risers enjoy longer days, while late risers enjoy more sleep.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ephidrine is an effective bronchodilator.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Dilatory pupils at the boarding school usually found that breakfast was all gone by the time they got to the refectory.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

ECT or yoga - what a diagnostic dilemma?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Ma, he's making eyes at me!

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Meet me under the clock at seven.

--------------------

Oscar the Grouch

Adopted Cascadian
# 1916

Even if I turn up, I suspect you're going to be disappointed.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"Bed is appointed in the Regency style", read the guidebook for that room in the grand house.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Use less polish and more elbow grease!

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Ease on down the road.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Address and telephone number, please.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Leasehold properties are a pain in the rear.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Her ear problem still hasn't cleared up - except when people talk about her when she can hear clearly from 100 miles away!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Saw a yurt made out of embossed leather - honest!

--------------------

Sir Kevin
Ship's Gaffer
# 3492

- Posted      Profile for Sir Kevin   Author's homepage   Email Sir Kevin   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Estimates of a good result in the game last night fell short.

--------------------
If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Writing is currently my hobby, not yet my profession.

Posts: 30517 | From: White Hart Lane | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"Fells Horticultural Show", read the sign in Keswick.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Wicker baskets aren't good for carrying milk.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Milken Community School in Los Angeles is one of the leading Jewish high schools in America.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Eric, a louche 19C schoolboy, took the primrose path, little by little.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Let those who like the primrose path go that-a-way, while the rest of us will take the path through the bluebells.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ells are rarely used as a unit of measurement these days.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016