homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 74)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Eminent lawyers would probably agree with that contention.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Urfshyne
Shipmate
# 17834

- Posted      Profile for Urfshyne   Email Urfshyne   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That content, I, on hearing the good news.
Posts: 98 | From: Maidenhead - lost | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
New speculation doesn't add up to good news, or even news at all.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sat a llama in the grass, watching the alpacas pass.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Passage to India was written my E M Forster.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
For stern teachers, the best course of action is to offer copious amounts of free chocolate.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Late applications will not be considered.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Sid 'ere doesn't care much for people who don't pay up," said the extortionist pointing to his henchman.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

'Manners maketh man' - as my granny used to say.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
A yak is not necessarily the most house friendly pet.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Petunia kept one and declared it to be the utmost bestest beast she had ever had the fortune to adopt.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Opt for a female, and you may have yak milk to sustain you.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ouch! is what you would say if a yak stepped on your toe.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Toed ungulates of the even kind are yaks, very unlike the odd-toed kind.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Kinder are chocolate egg type sweets containing little toys.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Oysters, on the other hand, contain pearls.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Earl's the middle name of former US President Jimmy Carter.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

My car terrorises the neighbourhood - or is it the way I drive it?

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jacobsen:
My car terrorises the neighbourhood - or is it the way I drive it?

I've itemized everything to the nearest farthing.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Far things are not as close as near things.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Earthing, supposedly the cure for arthritis and other chronic inflammations through grounding to the earth.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Wet Kipper
Circus Runaway
# 1654

- Posted      Profile for Wet Kipper   Email Wet Kipper   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ear, throat, nose - all of these things are either sore or blocked at the moment

--------------------
- insert randomly chosen, potentially Deep and Meaningful™ song lyrics here -

Posts: 9841 | From: further up the Hill | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Men think a cold is flu sometimes - don't let on, but so do some of the ladies.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A dies irae by Berlioz was a fitting send off at the Requiem.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I embellish stories for dramatic effect all the time, being somewhat of a liar.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

I artistically arrange flowers.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Range flow, er, surely that's computer modelling of moving shapes?

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ape sounds? The Lyre Bird is master of that.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Aster oft hath been
autumn's purple harbinger:
Michaelmas daisies.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Is I essentially correct in my English usage?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Us age? surely you jest, whatever you said your name is.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

A Meistersinger is not sufficient for an opera; it calls for a whole chorus of men's voices.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ices are particularly acceptable in hot weather.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

We at the rest home always remove our teeth before eating ices.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Cess on taxes is really just another tax.

--------------------

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

Not her tax, rather, her tacks.

--------------------
\_(ツ)_/

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

Tack sheets of flowery fabric around your furniture to get that "shabby chic" look.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

That shabby chic look is something I produce quite naturally - well, shabby anyway.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Wayward Wodders ignores the rules!

--------------------

Zappa
Ship's Wake
# 8433

- Posted      Profile for Zappa   Email Zappa   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
No rest he rules with draconian vigour, ignoring the lacuna.

--------------------
shameless self promotion - because I think it's worth it
and mayhap this too: http://broken-moments.blogspot.co.nz/

Posts: 18917 | From: "Central" is all they call it | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Acuna is a Mexican city I had never heard of before now.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ow!! My sins are displayed publicly.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Lying hounds get more licks than hugs.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

UGS is not the correct spelling, but I have grown weary of those ubiquitous boots.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Tsetse fly often carry disease.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ease yourself down slowly into the water rather than doing a belly-flop.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Lop-eared rabbits look cute.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Cuter than rabbits are fluffy kittens.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Ensure that the kittens are neutered or you may find that you have more than you can handle.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

And lead the kittens into the Kingdom.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016