homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 77)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Enterprising maids have been known to end up at the stake.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He's taken over the family business.

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Nessie is a myth, or is she?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sherpas won't give much of an answer to that query.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Rye bread from our local hypermarket is excellent.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Lenten Madness" is a fun way of discovering the histories of notable Christian heroes.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Roes, when I was a child, were served on toast.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

On to a Stonehenge heritage site went the tourists.

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Uri's tsunami of popularity was temporarily halted when exposed as a fraud by James Randi.

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

And I thoroughly endorse the Honourable Member's suggestion.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

On mature consideration, I don't.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

On t'other hand you must agree it takes all sorts.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sort socks in pairs, it's once again out of fashion to wear odd ones.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Rod done summat good then!" his neighbour said, after listening to the album, "Time".

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

I'm everlastingly grateful to the pest control firm who dealt with the rats in my attic.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Ya,ttick ttock' slurred the drunken woman as the barman pointed out that it was closing time.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Sing, Tim!" echoed through the student halls as Timothy announced his casting in a leading operatic role.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Ole man river,' Tim belted out to his fans, 'That ole man river just keeps rollin along...'

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

A long time ago in a land far away...

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"A wayfaring Stranger" is a well known spiritual.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ritual disembowelment can be messy.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Mess your own side of the cell, I like mine clean,' said the large inmate with a glare.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Tew it, hag. Lare the beast. If t'fodder's too tough for the young'un, thou hast to chew it down to a pulp it can eat," ordered the villein.

(Tew is ancient English for softening things, or in particular leather or kneading it down (apparently now used for marijuana), lare is fodder or feed or learning, but I knew the lare version already.)

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Innocent until proven guilty is one of the tenets of the British justice system.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Stem the flow of foul language with a look.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Okay, I give up,' said Ben. 'This book is a load of rubbish.'

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Bishops can be quite useful at times.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Tim estimates his singing practice to average out at two hours on a daily basis.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Is that enough?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Ten ought to do it.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Item by item the inventory took forever!

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

For Eve, recollecting life without a fig leaf must have been the cause of mingled embarrassment and regret.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Egrets are usually white or buff, which again brings Eve to mind.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Mindful of his new role, Tim began practising the high notes every day while he showered.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Redex used to be an additive sold for petrol/gasoline.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

So, line dancing is older than God - tell me something with a wow factor.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Fact or not, it depends upon what parameters the word has been given.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Venomous snakes tend to keep themselves to themselves.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Vested interests such as snake hunters may disagree.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Green was the colour of my valley.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ley lines were lovingly charted by the amateur archaeologist, Alfred Watkins.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Kinsmen-Redeemer is an important cultural role in the book of Ruth.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ruthlessness, on the other hand, seems to be a key characteristic of characters from other books of the Old Testament.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'"The Old Test", Amen to that classic match!', reminisced the ageing cricketer.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Rick et Terence" was the Chav name of the Essex hairdressing salon.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

'Londonderry Air' is another name for the tune 'Danny Boy'.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'Oy, you!' bellowed the coach, towards the sluggish half-back.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ack-ack was what my dad did in the war.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

He warned us, but you wouldn't listen.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Ten green bottles hanging on the wall.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016