homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 78)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"E-wall? No I don't like that one - Wall-E has a much better ring to it for an animated film", said the Disney marketing exec.

--------------------
Look at my eye twitching - Donkey from Shrek

Posts: 438 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged
Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Executions are not much fun for the victims.
Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tim's singing practice is being overtaken by the time he spends in the boozer.

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ooze rates vary, depending upon the viscosity of the liquid.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Quids were bet on whether Tim would be sober for the dress rehearsal.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Posts: 7080 | From: Canberra Australia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Salt and pepper make for tasty chicken--oh, and lemon juice.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jrw
Shipmate
# 18045

- Posted      Profile for jrw     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Lemon juice! That is not what I said!"
raged the singer, whose face was blood red.
Her name was once Tim
but she still liked the Pimms
and I think I am on the wrong thread.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Reading the instructions is often a good idea.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

- Posted      Profile for Banner Lady   Email Banner Lady   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'Did each of you do your warm ups?' asked the conductor.

--------------------
Women in the church are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be enjoyed.

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tory belief in the trickle-down effect seems ill-founded.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Found, educational texts - may be collected from Lost Property.

[ 01. October 2015, 06:24: Message edited by: jacobsen ]

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Proper tying of knots is best learnt in Sea Cadets.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Cadet strike cancelled.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

- Posted      Profile for Jammy Dodger   Email Jammy Dodger   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can cell edits be made in this spreadsheet?

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Read!" she eternally and severely ordered her students in study hall when they would rather be texting their friends.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

End stages of anything can be fraught.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'Ugh, Tina, I feel queasy,' said Tim, to the soprano.

[ 01. October 2015, 21:32: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Sop ran off the plate in a gooey mess.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Messieurs*, please leave all your weapons at the door!

*Plural of "monsieur", French for "mister".

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Do or die.
Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Do or diet.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'I et something that disagreed with me,' Tim groaned, just as the curtain went up.

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

"Tup her now, you wooly scamp!"

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Camping it up, Tim swaggered on stage, adopted a heroic pose, and passed out.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ed, outraged that the show did not go on, huffed and puffed and walked out.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Ed, outside, missed the entertaining sight of Tim rolling over and vomiting into the orchestra pit.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Trap it!" cried the tuba player as the vomit threatened to land in the bell of his instrument.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Enter stage left glided on our heroine, to distract the audience.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Celebrated for her savoir faire, she diverted their attention by her manifest charms.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

- Posted      Profile for Baptist Trainfan   Email Baptist Trainfan   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Armstrong-Siddeley was a British car manufacturer, now virtually forgotten.

(P.S. My dad had several during the 50s and 60s!)

Posts: 9750 | From: The other side of the Severn | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

Tentatively, Tim rose to his feet, groaned, then turned and urinated into the heroine's flower basket.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Ask Ethan to come over here please.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

As Ethan wisely ignored this request, the soprano finally lost her cool and tipped her flower basket over Tim's head.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Head-first into the organ pit fell Tim, with a soft landing onto the ample lap of the tuba player.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

"Aye", replied Jock, "I'm all for it".
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Or it could have been worse," muttered the tuba player, crawling out from under layers of soprano, flowers and vomit with a rose cocked crazily over one ear.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'One 'ears about these t'ings but they belong in vaudeville!' sputtered the irish tenor.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Ten ordinands decided enough was enough and made a swift exit stage left.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Eftsoons, The tuba player and the soprano were discovered locked in a clinch.

--------------------

Baptist Trainfan
Shipmate
# 15128

Inch by inch, however, the Archdeacon was drawing closer.
Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'Losers!' called the angry audience.

[ 06. October 2015, 09:50: Message edited by: Banner Lady ]

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ceps were blamed for the original upset.

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Gin Al upsetted" cried the foreigner as his mate knocked his drink off its perch.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'Chums,' called Tim as he staggered about the stage with the dripping flower basket in his hands, 'the drinks are on the house!'

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

"Use a bit of sense" retorted the soprano, as she rearranged her corsage.

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Ages it took for the auditorium to clear, as people came forward to stare before muttering and queueing for the exits, ready to demand a refund.

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

"Are funding cutbacks the source of this catastrophe", wondered the stage manager.

--------------------

Banner Lady
Ship's Ensign
# 10505

'Er, no,' said the conductor, 'and I don't think the insurance covers anything like this - you may have to sue.'

--------------------

Jammy Dodger

Half jam, half biscuit
# 17872

Veto Sue, it's the only way, she's getting out of hand!

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Andrew, brother of Peter, as tradition says, was crucified on a cross shaped like an X.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016