homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Everlasting.... (Page 8)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  139  140  141 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Everlasting....
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Deducting letters from the previous sentence is just as wrong as adding them.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hem and haw all you want, and make excuses too, but I notice you all cheating, oh yes, I really do!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ally down! yelled a ship troll when Rook and Comet tossed his companion in rule breaking into the depthless abyss.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By SS Great Eastern's launching chains, Isambard Kingdom Brunel looks quite diminutive in this iconic photo.

[ 23. January 2014, 05:18: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Posts: 17944 | From: 528491 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Hot octopus soup is a delicious specialty to eat in the Kerkennah Islands of Tunisia.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is I awfully suspicious that Smudgie only got herself chosen as a Circus host in order to bring back the Esteemed Game of Everlasting Sentences, thus causing all other hosts to self-destruct and spontaneously combust - oh no, of course not!

--------------------
Retired, sitting back and watching others for a change.

Posts: 34626 | From: Cream Tealand | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

- Posted      Profile for Eutychus   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Our Senots commune here in France may have a population of only 300, but it has come in mighty useful at this point.

--------------------
Let's remember that we are to build the Kingdom of God, not drive people away - pastor Frank Pomeroy

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Po, in this context, is a river in Italy.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
... in it, a lyre would eventually sink.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ally sin knowingly with moral wrongdoing.

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do ingrates have their ingratitude ingrained from conception?

[ 23. January 2014, 15:03: Message edited by: no prophet ]

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I, on the other hand, wonder if an attitude of gratitude is learned or innate.

--------------------
Pondering.

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Lear: Ned, Orin, Nat, Elly and Fred all played in the orchestra.

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Stradivari is thought to have made the finest ever violins, cellos and other stringed instruments, though this claim is disputed by some of the cognescenti.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

- Posted      Profile for Net Spinster   Email Net Spinster   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Scent is a needed accompaniment to tasty food.

--------------------
spinner of webs

Posts: 1093 | From: San Francisco Bay area | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Tot, a sty foodstuff is meant for the pigs, not for toddlers, so please stop eating the swill.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Posts: 14382 | From: Under the duvet | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

ES will eventually founder: either at the eschaton or when somebody posts a sentence with an impossibly difficult last word - like larynx.

[does being unable to spell "eschaton" mean you get to miss it?]

[ 24. January 2014, 05:51: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

- Posted      Profile for Smudgie   Email Smudgie   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"y" 'n' "x" come fairly close to the end of the alphabet,

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Alpha, beta, n' gamma come somewhere near the beginning of the Greek one...

[ 24. January 2014, 05:59: Message edited by: Eutychus ]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

O, needless to say, Euty sneaks in and shows off his classical education.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Ducati, on the other hand, is I believe something to do with motorbikes, but those are below my station.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

St. at ion bonding lecture, became distinctly less saintly when boredom induced him to yawn.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

- Posted      Profile for Lucia     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Toy awnings are what all the fashionable doll's houses have these days.
Posts: 1075 | From: Nigh golden stone and spires | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Shavet, hesed... ay, some Hebrew words are easier to translate than others.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Another's problems always seem smaller than my own.

--------------------

latecomer
Apprentice
# 8966

- Posted      Profile for latecomer         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"yow never send me flowers any more" said the man from the Black Country

--------------------
Keep it simple - I can do simple

Posts: 27 | From: Somerset | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Gwai
Shipmate
# 11076

- Posted      Profile for Gwai   Email Gwai   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
"Black Count Ryan Smith just doesn't sound right," he said to himself; "I may need to change my name to Ryano Nightstalk."

--------------------
A master of men was the Goodly Fere,
A mate of the wind and sea.
If they think they ha’ slain our Goodly Fere
They are fools eternally.

Posts: 11914 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

No nights talking until sunrise is a good policy for ensuring one is not tired in the morning.

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

- Posted      Profile for Cara     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Red in the morning, shepherd's warning--an old adage about the sky.

--------------------
Pondering.

Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

- Posted      Profile for Chorister   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
'He's Kylie's boyfriend', explained her sister, when the family were shocked to see a strange man in the room.

--------------------

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Oompa-Loompas, however, were a common sight there, during their breaks from the nearby chocolate factory.

--------------------

Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actor Yul Brynner made creative use of being follicly challenged.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Len, Ged acknowledged, was the unlikeliest truename for a dragon that he had encountered anywhere in Earthsea.

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Rein Earth's eager industrialists in before all our beautiful countryside disappears under concrete.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

ArachnidinElmet
Shipmate
# 17346

- Posted      Profile for ArachnidinElmet   Email ArachnidinElmet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On Crete many tourists wear a big hat and factor fifty.

--------------------
'If a pleasant, straight-forward life is not possible then one must try to wriggle through by subtle manoeuvres' - Kafka

Posts: 1887 | From: the rhubarb triangle | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Actor F, if tying a knot, would always end up tying his finger too.

--------------------

no prophet's flag is set so...

Proceed to see sea
# 15560

- Posted      Profile for no prophet's flag is set so...   Author's homepage   Email no prophet's flag is set so...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Ger. to 'O', it is required to follow with obedience very closely the instruction manual.

--------------------
Out of this nettle, danger, we pluck this flower, safety.
\_(ツ)_/

Posts: 11498 | From: Treaty 6 territory in the nonexistant Province of Buffalo, Canada ↄ⃝' | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

On Man U annuals you'll often see the photograph of their most famous striker about to kick the ball.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

All true - but is it also true of Man U alarms? [Biased]

--------------------

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

Rue of manual arms, regret of hand-operated weapons, sorrow of small guns and knives; some people really don't understand how inanimate objects are still vulnerable to feelings of guilt.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Eutychus
From the edge
# 3081

Guil TripAdvisor guest reviews are so glowing, you wonder whether the establishment isn't radioactive.

--------------------

Cara
Shipmate
# 16966

O, ACT! I've had it with your dithering.

--------------------
Pondering.

Lucia

Looking for light
# 15201

The Ring Cycle is popular with keen Wagnerians however I have never listened to it myself.
Chorister

Completely Frocked
# 473

Elf'n'Safety would probably advise you to wear earplugs if you plan to turn up the music too loud.

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Them, us, I: c-tool OU designates as suitable learning interface to support all.

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
DangerousDeacon
Shipmate
# 10582

- Posted      Profile for DangerousDeacon   Author's homepage   Email DangerousDeacon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
To sup port all night would be fine; but better to drink beer in a warm clime.

--------------------
'All the same, it may be that I am wrong; what I take for gold and diamonds may be only a little copper and glass.'

Posts: 506 | From: Top End | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Net Spinster
Shipmate
# 16058

Lime or lemon with your beer?

--------------------
spinner of webs

Smudgie

Ship's Barnacle
# 2716

On withy our bee rests a while before returning to the hive.

--------------------
Miss you, Erin.

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh, I've found a twenty in an old jeans pocket!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Spock et al were popular in Star Trek.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  139  140  141 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016