homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » SoF Quotes File (Page 18)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: SoF Quotes File
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
There will be donuts at the wedding supper of the Lamb?! wow... who knew?!

quote:
Leviticus 7:12
If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried.

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn MagdalenCollege:
There will be donuts at the wedding supper of the Lamb?! wow... who knew?!

quote:
Leviticus 7:12
If he offer it for a thanksgiving, then he shall offer with the sacrifice of thanksgiving unleavened cakes mingled with oil, and unleavened wafers anointed with oil, and cakes mingled with oil, of fine flour, fried.

that's where all the cops are sitting and catching up. I would myself wish to sit at the end of the conveyor belt and let the krispy Kreme donuts drop into my mouth. But that is gluttony and very evil. I would try to just feast on them.

[eta: I am in awe of your awareness of Scripture, MT [Overused] ...and this new donut twist on it. ]

[ 19. June 2008, 04:37: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮
Ship of Fools-World Party

Posts: 11197 | From: Do you know the way? | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Catrine
Shipmate
# 9811

- Posted      Profile for Catrine     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
By Gildas in the "Thank God for the Irish" Purg thread regarding those

"right wing homophobic scumbags in the DUP - really what with La Robinson and the 42 Day thing I was sorely tempted to send Gerry a telegram saying 'Kill Them All - God Will Know His Own'. Ahem. I digress."

Made me giggle ...

Posts: 2614 | From: Midlands | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think all this talk of donuts is God's way of telling me to go get one. Excuse me....

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the Royal Order of Internet Bullies thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:

I suppose there are those who enjoy defending the "underdog", with little thought as to whether the so-called underdog has been peeing on the carpet.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I'm so proud--my first entry preserved for posterity is about doggy urine.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Suck it up, OB, my first one was about hippies smelling like sandalwood and ass.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

Forgive me for doubleposting, but... COME ON, I had to!

quote:
Originally posted by Max.:
quote:
Originally posted by the_raptor:
The first rule of /b/ is you don't talk about /b/...

And the partyvan is not so fun when it's on your doorstep [Disappointed]

What are you - 14?

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiffy:
On the Royal Order of Internet Bullies thread:

quote:

I suppose there are those who enjoy defending the "underdog", with little thought as to whether the so-called underdog has been peeing on the carpet.

Pedantry

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Posts: 19219 | From: Erehwon | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doublethink:
Pedantry

Well, that would be a lot more interesting if this source or this source backed it up.

Etymology, unfortunately, is one of those fields where the more plausible the story is, the greater the likelihood of its being incorrect.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jack o' the Green
Shipmate
# 11091

- Posted      Profile for Jack o' the Green   Email Jack o' the Green   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
quote:
Pedantry

Well, that would be a lot more interesting if this source or this source backed it up.

Etymology, unfortunately, is one of those fields where the more plausible the story is, the greater the likelihood of its being incorrect.

The second link only gives a definition, not an etymology.
Posts: 3121 | From: Lancashire, England | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

- Posted      Profile for Doublethink.   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But when I watched this, they said it was from the under-sawyer and I refuse to believe that Tony Robinson can ever be wrong.

Credo Baldrick !

--------------------
All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome. George Orwell

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
As long as we're indulging pedantry, back to donuts (!!), fried doesn't appear often and could simply mean 'mixed'... of the three occurrences, only Young translates it 'fried' the first time, only Webster translates it 'fried' the second time, and the third time both Young and Webster translate it 'fried.

I associate bagels (which are boiled and baked) with the children of Israel more than I associate donuts but, that said, there are many good Jewish fried donut-y foods! [Big Grin]

Now, back on track, from the Styx:

quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
quote:
Originally posted by Erin:
Y'all can agree, disagree, think monkeys fly out of my ass, whatever, I don't care.

As an ass-launched flying monkey, I might be inclined to take that personally.

[ 19. June 2008, 22:42: Message edited by: Lynn MagdalenCollege ]

--------------------
Erin & Friend; Been there, done that; Ruth musical

Posts: 6263 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

- Posted      Profile for duchess   Email duchess   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Suck it up, OB, my first one was about hippies smelling like sandalwood and ass.

[Killing me]

--------------------
♬♭ We're setting sail to the place on the map from which nobody has ever returned ♫♪♮

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chelley:
quote:
And for those who'll now cry out ITTWACW - there isn't an eleventh commandment that says "Go into the world and make Shipmates of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Hosts, the Admins and Simon and teaching them to obey everything Erin has commanded you, and Rook will be with you always - spewing forth sarcasm and verbal lashings to the very end of the age."
[Two face]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Manipled Mutineer
Shipmate
# 11514

- Posted      Profile for Manipled Mutineer   Author's homepage   Email Manipled Mutineer   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:

Actually, technically it was this one, but I think the general point still stands:

quote:

Originally posted by Spiffy da Wonder Sheep:
Snow is bad. Snow is evil. I believe that the Devil redecorated after reading Dante's 'Inferno'.

Mine was about necrophilia, as it goes, so take heart.

[ 20. June 2008, 09:13: Message edited by: Manipled Mutineer ]

--------------------
Collecting Catholic and Anglo-
Catholic books

Posts: 1533 | From: Glamorgan, UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

quote:

Actually, if this weren't here already, someone would need to put it in this thread.

--------------------

infinite_monkey
Shipmate
# 11333

- Posted      Profile for infinite_monkey   Email infinite_monkey   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
the sum total of bonabri's restrained response to a particularly obnoxious post in hell:

quote:
[Attempts to throw hissy fit but just falls over]
I love it. Sometimes, it's really not worth more typing effort than that.

[ 21. June 2008, 05:05: Message edited by: infinite_monkey ]

--------------------
His light was lifted just above the Law,
And now we have to live with what we did with what we saw.

--Dar Williams, And a God Descended
Obligatory Blog Flog: www.otherteacher.wordpress.com

Posts: 1423 | From: left coast united states | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by duchess:
quote:

[Killing me]
Oh, dear God, I'm having a flashback to college. [wiping tears from my eyes]

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Not often you get a quotes file worthy quote on the actual quotes file [Big Grin]

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callan
Shipmate
# 525

- Posted      Profile for Callan     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Max has been entertaining us for years. This in particular, on the subject of getting a straignt answer out of a Jesuit, deserves some sort of recognition.

quote:
In 1991 a Jesuit managed to answer a question on whether he wanted a Whisky or a glass of Gin. He wanted Whisky.

[ 22. June 2008, 19:28: Message edited by: Gildas ]

--------------------
How easy it would be to live in England, if only one did not love her. - G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 9757 | From: Citizen of the World | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Please pause to meditate over the tableau summoned forth from this exchange:

quote:
Originally posted by John Donne:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamb Chopped:
quote:
Originally posted by passer:
Rook Rampant, on a nebulee gules...,

Oh dear. I read this as "Rook rampant in a negligee..."

I must go lie down.

That would be the leather négligée with cut-out butt cheeks and My Little Pony motif. So very RooK 2006. Fashions have moved on, darl.

(Yes: 'Rook Rampant, in a negligee rules')

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

- Posted      Profile for Lynn MagdalenCollege   Author's homepage   Email Lynn MagdalenCollege   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
telephone, on the internet, for smart people - [Big Grin]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Gort on international diplomacy:

quote:
Are we all to die in the Apocalypse of the Big Dicks?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
la vie en rouge
Parisienne
# 10688

- Posted      Profile for la vie en rouge     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I think I enjoyed this one a litte too much...

Honest Ron Bacardi explains Anglican sectarianism:

quote:
Look on the bright side, multipara. At least [Roman Catholics] take bosoms seriously. Here in Anglican central, we are facing an imminent attack of the splinters, plus possible explosion of the bosom itself.

--------------------
Rent my holiday home in the South of France

Lynn MagdalenCollege
Shipmate
# 10651

From Zappa, in the Ship Rank and Status Hell thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:
quote:
Originally posted by Geneviève:
Well, LC, living in Baltimore it is rather obligatory to root for the Orioles

Being an antipodean I have some problems rooting for anyone, except, of course for my own pleasure and hopefully that of the rootee
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And, in the same post because the Ship is loading so slowly, this gem from duchess from the Prayerful Flamebaiting thread, also in Hell:
quote:
Spank them, Father God, on their bare bottoms hard...but do not cast them into the pit. Just tap their buttocks a little bit...firmly
[Two face]

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Janine, I don't know why, it just stuck me funny:

quote:
He held that flat bread in His hands, and took up one of those multiple glasses of wine,... and He spoke, and they were His flesh and blood...

That's real enough. It was at least as real as when we see an egg smashed into a hot cast-iron skillet on those TV commercials, while the public-service-announcement voice intones "This is your brain... This is your brain on drugs..."

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I love this. A Lutheran special!

quote:
Posted by Lamb Chopped in the Styx
quote:
Originally posted by comet:
the point of debate is resolution, however. not disagreement.

De point of debate is to catch de fish.

I'll go away now.

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Esmeralda

Ship's token UK Mennonite
# 582

- Posted      Profile for Esmeralda   Email Esmeralda   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From cynicgirl in Purg, this appealed to me:

quote:
...the more I learn, the more I change denominations...
[Big Grin]

--------------------
I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

http://reversedstandard.wordpress.com/

Posts: 17415 | From: A small island nobody pays any attention to | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PrettyFly

Ship's sunbather
# 13157

- Posted      Profile for PrettyFly   Author's homepage   Email PrettyFly   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Cyprian, in Purg -

quote:
Originally posted by Cyprian:
quote:
Originally posted by chadevan:
Oh, and I nearly forgot: when Baptist preacher Mike Huckabee ran for prez, his campaign slogan was "Faith. Family. Freedom."

2-4-6-8
Huckabee alliterates.
Goooooooo Mike!

[Killing me]

--------------------
Screw today. I'm going for ice cream.

Posts: 1797 | From: Where the sun keeps shining and where the weather suits my clothes | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Josephine

Orthodox Belle
# 3899

- Posted      Profile for Josephine   Author's homepage   Email Josephine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Barnabas62:
quote:
"Know your enemy" is a general's dictum; it applies if you want to win. I don't want to win. I want to understand better. Folks who believe some things differently to me are not my enemies.

[Overused]

--------------------
I've written a book! Catherine's Pascha: A celebration of Easter in the Orthodox Church. It's a lovely book for children. Take a look!

Posts: 10273 | From: Pacific Northwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Barnabas is and always has been a touchstone of pure class. [Overused]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Comet ponders the price of corruption in Alaskan politics:

quote:
c'mon Vic [Kohring] - if you're going to sell your vote to the oil companies, how about asking for enough to get you a house and get your fat ass off your parent's couch? (yep. in their single-wide. he's such a joy to cover. I'll almost miss him. [Tear] )

[ 03. July 2008, 15:11: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

comet

Snowball in Hell
# 10353

- Posted      Profile for comet   Author's homepage   Email comet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Random Cathoholic defends the patron saint of English tucker:
quote:
Every time someone says something bad about Saint Delia, God kills a kitten. Please, won't someone think of the kittens?

--------------------
Evil Dragon Lady, Breaker of Men's Constitutions

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.” -Calvin

Posts: 17024 | From: halfway between Seduction and Peril | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bullfrog.

Prophetic Amphibian
# 11014

- Posted      Profile for Bullfrog.   Email Bullfrog.   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the_raptor in Purgatory...
quote:
I can only think this is code for "ZOMG teh xtians stoled teh jews sekrit prophecy".
It's even funnier in context.

--------------------
Some say that man is the root of all evil
Others say God's a drunkard for pain
Me, I believe that the Garden of Eden
Was burned to make way for a train. --Josh Ritter, Harrisburg

Posts: 7522 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chorister, in the Outcast Anglicans thread in Heaven:
quote:
They could go down a treat at hen parties - you provide the tarts, we provide the vicars.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
basso

Ship’s Crypt Keeper
# 4228

- Posted      Profile for basso   Email basso   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Double post, but what the hell.

RooK, closing a thread and lamenting the lack of good help in Hell:
quote:

Honestly, you ask for demons and you get a bunch of hall monitors with pocket protectors.

Posts: 4358 | From: Bay Area, Calif | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
duchess

Ship's Blue Blooded Lady
# 2764

dang beat me to it.
I know I have this in my heart

[eta: meant basso's post above...goes with quote. thx.]

[ 10. July 2008, 01:51: Message edited by: duchess ]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Foaming Draught- priceless!
quote:
Like a mighty tortoise moves the Church of God.
Brothers, we are treading where we've always trod.
We are all divided, many bodies we;
pretty hot on doctrine, weak in charity.

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Chorister summed up proper behavior for us, in a language we can all understand:
quote:

like this [Yipee] in the circus
like this [Smile] in heaven
like this [Confused] in purgatory
like this [Devil] in hell
like this [Angel] in all saints
like this [Help] in kerygmania
like this [Overused] in eccles
like this [brick wall] in dead horses

Jengie jon

Semper Reformanda
# 273

- Posted      Profile for Jengie jon   Author's homepage   Email Jengie jon   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:

I'm afraid that needs attributing to Anon or checking. My father's recited it for over forty years, so I think its unlikely that it was a Foaming Draught original.

Jengie

--------------------
"To violate a persons ability to distinguish fact from fantasy is the epistemological equivalent of rape." Noretta Koertge

Back to my blog

Posts: 20894 | From: city of steel, butterflies and rainbows | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Twilight beat me to it...

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

quote:
Originally posted by Jengie Jon:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:

I'm afraid that needs attributing to Anon or checking. My father's recited it for over forty years, so I think its unlikely that it was a Foaming Draught original.

Jengie

Ah. Well, he made no attribution, but I googled this by George Verwer:
quote:
Like a mighty tortoise

Moves the church of God.

Brothers we are treading,

Where we've often trod.

We are much divided,

Many bodies we,

Having different doctrines, but

Not much charity.

I must say I like FD's jazzy last line better.

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

from Doublethink:
quote:

God can not be ridiculed - only someone's stereotype, most usually of an institution or the customs of followers. And then it behooves us to wonder why that is being targeted.

Which just proves that Hell is worth watching.

--------------------

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

*faints in surprise*

Actually I think the Salavation Army proves the point - conservative morality, stand out uniform and a brass band, but are they mocked ? No. Because the vast majority of people respect the ministry out in the world that their faith leads them to perform.

--------------------

Carex
Shipmate
# 9643

- Posted      Profile for Carex   Email Carex   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
... the Salavation Army proves the point - conservative morality, stand out uniform and a brass band, but are they mocked ? No.

And the Starvation Army they play,
And they sing and they clap and they pray,
Till they get all your coin on the drum,
Then they tell you that you're just a bum

Doublethink.
Ship's Foolwise Unperson
# 1984

That was then ... And there is a clear point to that - perhaps that song caused them to change something in their praxis - perhaps we should move this to purg ? I'll try to think of an OP.

--------------------

Sioni Sais
Shipmate
# 5713

- Posted      Profile for Sioni Sais   Email Sioni Sais   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa, on the Rossweisse thread in Hell, about Oz Evo-Anglicans (I think)concludes with:

By one's friends' fruits shall one know them.

which is neat, and potentially very cutting.

--------------------
"He isn't Doctor Who, he's The Doctor"

(Paul Sinha, BBC)

Posts: 24276 | From: Newport, Wales | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
LATA on the worst song ever thread in Heaven:

There are war crimes less repellent than Paul McCartney's collected works.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

PeteC in Hell:

Calling Myrrh to Hell is like calling the Pope to morning prayer. It's been done so often, that it really is just a chore.

A nice way of saying it's deja vu all over again.

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016