homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » SoF Quotes File (Page 41)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: SoF Quotes File
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Zappa:
'There will always be dipsticks who manipulate God into the shape of their own ego. My denomination may be shrivelling up and dying but we sure as fuckery won't go down telling women that they have to lie on their back on demand in the service of Jaysus.'

(from the Mars Hill thread)

[ 07. July 2012, 11:57: Message edited by: Amos ]

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Campbellite

Ut unum sint
# 1202

- Posted      Profile for Campbellite   Email Campbellite   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
On the Chocolate thread in All Saints:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyda*Rose:
quote:
Originally posted by Janine:
Poor kingsfold. I read that as, you couldn't get chocolate 'cause you were "inedible".

We all miss Kenwritez. He could cook anything properly. [Tear]
Yes. Yes we do.

[Votive]

--------------------
I upped mine. Up yours.
Suffering for Jesus since 1966.
WTFWED?

Posts: 12001 | From: between keyboard and chair | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
He has passed on the "Let's Offend" torch, apparenty.

There are works of art, and then there are masterpieces. I am overwhelmed with hero-worship over this one:

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
I am offended!
I would tell you why I am offended, your blatant J_____ H______, but then I would be guilty of J_____ H______. Though the real hosts... (No, that does not work. Calling them "real" lends them a gravitas not fitting here. The picture of AA laying unconscious on the floor, red nose askew. Size humongous blue and yellow shoes pointing at the ceiling, where he fell in an intoxicated stupor after his nightly binge of candy floss and circus peanuts, takes away any dignity he might have otherwise had. I have heard the other two are even worse.)
Though the actual hosts of the circus might be offended by such and the last thing I wish is to offend anyone on this thread.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
.. and this would work as a Host Post in hell:

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvander:
I really wish you'd misbehave with more orderliness. Is that expecting too much?

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
quote:
Originally posted by Imaginary Friend:
. . . humans evolved in very specific ways to be able to hunt in a manner that no other creature could.

This is true. Very few other creatures hunt in cocktail lounges.
Bravo, Tortuf!!

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
IngoB:
quote:

So what? That doesn't make the Hodgkin-Huxley model of action potential generation look anything like the Lagrangian density of quantum chromodynamics.

This, from the Purg thread on the God Particle. There ought to be a Nobel Prize for this scientificotheology shit. You'd get my vote, IngoB.

[ 12. July 2012, 13:06: Message edited by: Yorick ]

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Posts: 7574 | From: Natural Sources | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
churchgeek

Have candles, will pray
# 5557

- Posted      Profile for churchgeek   Author's homepage   Email churchgeek   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
In Hell, Zappa started a thread about his sister-in-law's choir not being allowed to sing at St. Andrews, Sydney, unless their entire program was in English. For context, here's how Zappa started his OP:

"Okay: it's the Diocese of Sydney again. Indeed it's a Jensen again..."

Albertus then made this Quotes File worthy post:

quote:
Would 'Fuck off Jensen- and fuck off the other Jensen- in fact fuck off both of you' be plain enough English? I'm sure soemone could compose a setting.
We do have composers on the Ship, no? [Snigger]

--------------------
I reserve the right to change my mind.

My article on the Virgin of Vladimir

Posts: 7773 | From: Detroit | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Well, thanks! [Big Grin] My second ever entry in the quotes file, both as it happens nominated from the San Francisco Bay area.

Here's a rather beauatiful one from pyx_e over on the 'CofE is wonderful' thread

quote:
In this land it is pretty much hated and envied by all other denominations, not high enough, low enough, sound enough, forever bickering like some dystopian Waltons. Its clergy are weird, its laity not much better. And yet there it is huge, everywhere and able to call the common people better that they ever can, just by being there.

Some benevolent behemoth that stumbles on while outrageous stones are slung too often by our brothers and sisters. Yet at every Selection Panel I can guarantee half a dozen who have left other denominations as they mature spiritually begging to join the good old despised C of E. Why? I ask them, structure, maturity of leadership and being more than one strand while holding all (well most) strands together, which just reflects God more in its mess than pretty much everything else.

Full of beauty and too often vileness, doing so much left handed good that the right hand never sees. Truly wonderful, shame on you who call that which is good evil. It is Saving the ordinary in ordinary ways. Like it saved me.

[ 16. July 2012, 09:13: Message edited by: Albertus ]

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I very rarely comment on a quote but that one gets a gold star for pyx_e.

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
QLib

Bad Example
# 43

- Posted      Profile for QLib   Email QLib   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Yes - excellent, and heartening. [Overused]

--------------------
Tradition is the handing down of the flame, not the worship of the ashes Gustav Mahler.

Posts: 8913 | From: Page 28 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Niminypiminy
Shipmate
# 15489

- Posted      Profile for Niminypiminy   Email Niminypiminy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
That's just fab, isn't it. I came down to post that very post of Pyx_e's myself, more than half-expecting to see it here already -- and hey presto!

--------------------
Lives of the Saints: songs by The Unequal Struggle
http://www.theunequalstruggle.com/

Posts: 776 | From: Edge of the Fens | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
ken in fine flow in Ecclesiantics, explaining why the CofE is better at big events than TEC (and going into Norwegian football commentary mode at the end):

quote:
Because we is British.

That is what we do.

We are the world champions of impressive and apparently milldy obsolete ceremonial and pageantry (even if most of it was invented between about 1840 and 1910)

We also have Bonfire, coronations, cricket (makes more sense considered as a ritual invocation of nature spirits than as a sport), genuine marching pipers in kilts (as opposed to fake ones who can only play "Amazing Grace"), investitures, military tatoos, more elaborate university graduations than you do (and the speeches are less likely to turn into tedious pap talks), morris dancing, traditional naval reviews (even without Turbinia), proper football fans with proper traditional chants and occasional genuine blood, real horse racing (American racing has those silly tantantaras, yeuchhhh, and the boring flat circular dirt tracks, and a general lack of royalty, real ale, drunken farmers, and corporate hospitality tents full of skimpily dressed PR women), Remembrance Day, shinier massed bands, state funerals, Orange Marches the size of a planet, the best ever flypasts (a Vulcan, a Lancaster, and two Spitfires flying in formation and Concorde flew overhead - beat that!), the Changing of the Guard, the Lord Mayor's Show, the State opening of Parliament, Trooping the Colour, Maggie Thatcher, Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, and much much more!

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

HA! I beat you all!

quote:
Originally posted by Zappa:

Humanity sucks.
And also with you.

--------------------

Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
You're on my list. Unless you take me to the tomato fight.

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Sylvander pwns us all:

quote:
Originally posted by Sylvander:
I am pleased that I apparently am able to foster such unanimty and hearty agrrement between my fellow crew members! In fact this maketh me so cheery and lighthearted, I think I'll have to let it out in a song. Zinzendorf's "Herz und Herz" vereint zusammen" sounds like just the right choice.

Feel ye all free to join in. I suspect, however, that some of you who wouldn't recognize artistic genius when it crawls up their backs and gives them a haircut, can't tell the difference between "join in" and "run away".

--------------------

Patdys
Iron Wannabe
RooK-Annoyer
# 9397

- Posted      Profile for Patdys     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
As far as I know, I am an oddity.

You save some quotes because they make you laugh or cry or think. Others for the truth within. This one simply to refer back to when desired. [Razz]

--------------------
Marathon run. Next Dream. Australian this time.

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

The fucked-up, Shippie version of "If you gave a mouse a cookie":

quote:
Scandalous thought, BS? You cannot handle a scandalous thought.

CK, are you advocating alcohol for little ones? Do the words Circus Host not terrify you as a parent? Just a wee bit of drink, you say. Harmless you think. That is how it starts. Next the rattle is discarded for a squeeze-bulb horn and they can only be put to sleep by the sound of a calliope. Later you find clown magazines tucked under the mattress and they leave the flat dressed normal but with baggy dotted trousers, big shoes and greasepaint stuck in their rucksacks. Oh then they'll want a Messershmidt and tell you it is to save petrol and that it is cute. But as soon as they get 'round the corner, they will stuff in 10 of their friends then drive in circles whilst scrambling in and out. Then they end up hosting silly games and naming themselves after refridgerators. Is this what you wish for your children? [Disappointed]

I really just need to start following her around. On the Ship, I mean.

--------------------

W Hyatt
Shipmate
# 14250

- Posted      Profile for W Hyatt   Email W Hyatt   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From mousethief's latest sig:

quote:
FDA Approves Fracking Fluid as Beverage; Homeowners with Tainted Tap Water Sued for Theft -- political satire on Is Outrage!
I love it!

--------------------
A new church and a new earth, with Spiritual Insights for Everyday Life.

Posts: 1565 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Alwyn
Shipmate
# 4380

- Posted      Profile for Alwyn     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Me too - it's hilarious.

--------------------
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Posts: 849 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Thanks guys. [Hot and Hormonal]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by churchgeek:
We should remember that our Jewish brothers and sisters are doing quite well with their Scriptures ("OT") and without ours (NT). If the Hebrew Scriptures are so horrible that we'd want to chuck them, what is that saying about the Jewish religion today?

I think it's much healthier to adopt some of the Jewish tradition's way of wrestling with the Scriptures (e.g., midrash, and the rabbinic tradition of balancing multiple points of view). Like Jacob with the angel, we should engage with them until they bless us, even if we leave the scene limping.

Beautiful.

[ 01. August 2012, 21:52: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

passer confronts his addiction to standard writing formats:

quote:
Originally posted by passer:
I'm sorry, Pete. I tried to let it pass, but it was the voices, incessantly whispering in my ear, barely audible, but nagging... nagging, sounding like my old English master hissing "passer - this is a Grammar School, not a street corner. Come to my desk". They didn't do prisoners, those Christian Brothers.

That it should come to this, a time when 1337 and txtspk have evolved, and the nearest most students could get to defining conjugation would be a guess about marital rights, which they'd probably write as rites.

I envy you your refuge behind the barricades (cue Spandau Ballet). Perhaps I'll join you, and we can take the air, in a tobacco trance..

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eliab:
(*Public service bit: as people often find it hard to discern whether they are joyless shits, here's a test:

If you have noticed that quite a lot of people are rather enjoying the Olympics, and that actually makes you happy regardless of whether you want to watch the sports yourself, then you aren't.

If it does not make you noticeably more happy that thousands of people are having a good time, then I'm afraid you are a joyless shit, whether you recognise it or not.

That still applies even if you are pretending to yourself that you would be happy for the rest of us if it were not for the expense, or sponsorship, or inconvenience, or whatever. Those excuses are just another symptom of being a joyless shit - you can tell that they are excuses by recognising that the personal inconvenience to you of the Games is in fact so utterly trivial that you would endure it ten times over if it pleased someone that you actually cared about (assuming you do care about anyone else, that is) and therefore it would not stop you from being happy about other people's pleasure if you were not a joyless shit. There's no cure, and it's mildly contagious, so do the rest of us a favour and put yourself in quarantine.)

I don't know why, but many of the best quotes come from the Hell board.

For the record, I am not a joyless shit. Eliab's test proves it. There should be a "Seal of Approval" available...

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Zappa, about the new Bishop of Wellington:

quote:
Though he's done the social activism thing well, he's only been ordained ten minutes, and comes from as far as I can see a screaming rahrahyippydippydoo parish that wouldn't know liturgy etc if it was slapped up the jaxy with a wet kumara.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

- Posted      Profile for Yorick   Email Yorick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Doc Tor:
quote:
Dear Religion, While you were debating what chicken sandwiches were okay to eat, I just landed on Mars. Sincerely, Your Pal Science

Hahahaha.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
I think it used to be widely accepted among good evangelical Protestant folk that theological liberalism was half way to atheism and atheism was more than half way to Popery.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Organ Builder:
quote:
You don't "win" a debate on the Ship by making everyone so tired of you that they let you have the last word because they stopped reading your posts two pages ago.
Y'all know who you are. [Paranoid]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Triple Tiara

Ship's Papabile
# 9556

- Posted      Profile for Triple Tiara   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mdijon:
The major issue here isn't post modernism, atheism, or any other ism except arseholerism.

[Killing me] This should be blazoned across the top of the boards.

--------------------
I'm a Roman. You may call me Caligula.

Posts: 5905 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
mdijon
Shipmate
# 8520

- Posted      Profile for mdijon     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
I might have given out a hostage to fortune. I'm sure it will come back to bite me.

--------------------
mdijon nojidm uoɿıqɯ ɯqıɿou
ɯqıɿou uoɿıqɯ nojidm mdijon

Posts: 12277 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

Lyda*Rose, you have brightened my day! There's something so satisfying about finding yourself quoted on this thread.

I'm not sure I can agree that those people know who they are, though...

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Organ Builder:
Lyda*Rose, you have brightened my day! There's something so satisfying about finding yourself quoted on this thread.

I'm not sure I can agree that those people know who they are, though...

Hope springs eternal. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

And MadGeo is back- yay!
quote:
If you put 10 geologists in a room, you'll get 12 different opinions on almost anything.

When people say there's a conspiracy of scientists to agree on Global Climate Change, that is a real knee slapper to us. Herding cats, doesn't begin to describe it...

Love it [Cool]

--------------------

Athrawes
Ship's parrot
# 9594

- Posted      Profile for Athrawes   Email Athrawes   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This, from Firenze in Heaven, is delightful.

No, not the Marmite wars! Then it'll be the correct names for various bakery goods, who was the definitive Doctor, when to use an apostrophe.... After that, it's skies dark with the smoke of burning cities and the ground strewn with corpses.

--------------------
Explaining why is going to need a moment, since along the way we must take in the Ancient Greeks, the study of birds, witchcraft, 19thC Vaudeville and the history of baseball. Michael Quinion.

Posts: 2966 | From: somewhere with a book shop | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ann

Curious
# 94

- Posted      Profile for Ann   Email Ann   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Especially when followed by lilBuddha:

If you do not wish us to continue, do not make the end sound so appealing.

--------------------
Ann

Posts: 3271 | From: IO 91 PI | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From over on the Purg thread "The Laws of Mathematics are a creation of God":

quote:
Originally posted by Dal Segno:
A religion that says that God is three and one at the same time should have no difficulty with there being an infinite number of different infinities.

--------------------

Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

quote:
Originally posted by the constantly brilliant Firenze, on the subject of reading three books at the same time:
It's a game. You read alternate sentences from each, the better to be struck by incongruous juxtapositions. You should try it with Lucky Jim, The Man Who Was Thursday and Calvin's Institutes. It's hilarious.

You're hilarious, Firenze.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

A.Pilgrim
Shipmate
# 15044

- Posted      Profile for A.Pilgrim   Email A.Pilgrim   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
OK, after a bit of thought I'm going to post this, from the Where does a person go when they die? thread in Keryg:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen-Eva:
This is all really interesting and intensely confusing stuff and I am now bewildered in a much more informed way than I was before - which is great.

Helen-Eva, on some theological debates, I know exactly what you mean... [Big Grin]
Posts: 434 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Yorick

Infinite Jester
# 12169

Yeah, I know I'm supposed to be put down by this, but it really made me laugh, and it's very clever:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Well, I care how I present myself and my arguments in writing, and I use Word to draft posts, and I use Preview Post to check my code, and I still make mistakes that I should like to correct. If that tells you I don't care, it tells me you don't care.

Never in the field of internet chatter has so much been written by one person and read by so few.

--------------------
این نیز بگذرد

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

Lovely riff between Mockingale and Boogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Boogie:
quote:
Originally posted by Mockingale:
The agenda crap is ludicrous, but fundamentalists are ludicrous people and I could imagine them believing that there is a secret cabal of people that really want teenagers to have lots of sex.

There is - they are called teenagers.

[Big Grin]

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Speaking of Gideon Bibles on the "Floppy Bibles" thread, Chorister said:

quote:
Meanwhile, Hotel ones are - according to a recent news magazine report - going to be replaced by copies of 'Fifty Shades of Grey', so nothing need ever be floppy again.
[Killing me] [Overused]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

From a Hell thread on fasting:

quote:
Originally posted by RuthW:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
Popcorn anyone?

Thanks, no, I've given it up for the duration of this thread.

[ 19. August 2012, 03:29: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Martin PC Not sums up Purgatory at its best:

quote:
What a great thread, especially the bits I don't like.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lamb Chopped
Ship's kebab
# 5528

- Posted      Profile for Lamb Chopped   Email Lamb Chopped   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Oferyas tells it like it is:
There have always been funerals where the body is absent: lost at sea, burnt in an air crash, eaten by sharks at a Synod meeting....

--------------------
Er, this is what I've been up to (book).
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!

Posts: 20059 | From: off in left field somewhere | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

quote:
Originally posted by cheesymarzipan:
I'd abstain from meat, if pigs were a vegetable.

[ 21. August 2012, 03:40: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Quotes File is a good start for this one; I think it ultimately needs to wind up on a commemorative gold plaque:

quote:
End in madness? Have you not been paying attention? This thread was conceived in madness, has steeped in madness; glories, revels and wallows in madness. Every participant is certifiably insane!*
Ariston wanders around in his clown pyjamas, thinking himself a dishwasher; Kelly types half her posts with her nose as she is restrained in a straight jacket; Syllie acts a combination of Cyrano de Bergerac and Don Quioxte. We have a nutter who thinks herself a wailing spirit or gaseous emission, another who thinks she is a penguin! She jumps in the neighbors' pool, splashing about, naked save for black and white paint, then wanders town begging for fish! Really quite embarrassing. The saddest is the geez, um, pensioner who thinks himself an ex-pat in India. Spends his days sitting atop his toy elephant, reliving the days of the Raj. Though, to be fair, he might have been there, given his age...
Anyhow, this place is a veritable asylum, and you say might end in madness. [Disappointed]

*Excepting, of course, myself.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Am moment of surpassing great joy in Eccesiantics:

quote:
Originally posted by Barefoot Friar:
I love, love, love my alb from Gaspard.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

In honor of a certain hyper-inflated media shitstorm involving billiards, Tortuf puts his thang down, by way of the Song of Songs:

quote:
Originally posted by Tortuf:
Let him kiss me with the kisses of his cue—
for his love is more delightful than wine.
Pleasing is the fragrance of his perfume;
his name is like a rack broken apart.
No wonder the young women love him!

Take me away with you—let us Harry!
Let the king bring me into his chambers.

Chorus:
We rejoice and delight in him;
we will praise his love more than wine.

How right they are to adore you!

Shy am I, yet lovely,
a daughter of Albion,
taught like the bieze on the table.

Do not stare at him because,
he is darkened by the florescent glow.

His mother’s guards were angry with him.

You can take him home in your minds;
our own vineyards we may neglect.

Tell us, you whom we love,
where you graze your cock
and where you rest your ship at midday.

[ 24. August 2012, 03:53: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Girl, you gotta stop being so funny in my prescence.

quote:
At first, I was offended by you lot. However after some reflection, something we do well, I determined I was a hypocrite for feeling so. And now, I must give you thanks. For today, I free my pet Christians. It is bittersweet, as I was given some of them as a young child. It was a learning experience at first, I must admit. Keeping the different breeds in different pens, cannot mix the fundamentalist with the RCCs, the fundamentals will turn rabid. Different feeds for each, unleavened wafers and wine for the RCCs, the High church CofEs demanding battenberg... I will have to confess I lost a few at first. That was embarrassing. Turns out they do not flush like goldfish. Father was quite peeved at needing to call the plumber. I did have such fun playing with them, though. Learned bunches about debate. Also about pointless diatribe.
Well it is over now, I realize keeping such pets is not the best thing. Though they do not seem capable of functioning on their own, I do worry they might injure themselves or each other. I shall release them seperately, in different areas.
Do any of you know of wildlife rehabilitation facilities which might be able to help them prepare for independence?

--------------------

Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Originally posted by Kelly Alves after Pyx_E dared dis Louis Armstrong.

quote:
And I know you're just being a shithead, Pyx, but you better back off my man Louie. You are not fit to sponge the dribble out of his spit valve.

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016