homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » SoF Quotes File (Page 48)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  57  58  59 

Source: (consider it) Thread: SoF Quotes File
Marvin the Martian

Interplanetary
# 4360

- Posted      Profile for Marvin the Martian     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It was in Hell, old bean.

--------------------
Hail Gallaxhar

Posts: 30100 | From: Adrift on a sea of surreality | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Piss.

Note to self: [Disappointed]

--------------------
This is the last sig I'll ever write for you...

Posts: 63536 | From: Washington | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Heh. May as well save this exchange too. Kelly attempts to tease Mousethief:

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly Alves:
quote:
Originally posted by mousethief:
I'm not sure I've ever been compared to a Star Trek episode before.

You know, earlier this week I had decided that God's sole purpose in putting me on this earth was to give other people an ego boost. This just cinches it. Here I am trying to pull your tail, and you figure out a way to frame me putting you in a death dance with MartinPCNot as a compliment.

Can't you exhibit just the tiniest bit of narcissistic wounding, just to make me feel like I can do something else with my life? Call me a bitch or something. Complain about me in the Styx. Anything.

quote:
[Overused]

quote:
Bastard.

--------------------
I cannot expect people to believe “
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”
Kelly Alves, somewhere around 2003.

Posts: 35076 | From: Pura Californiana | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Barnabas62
Shipmate
# 9110

- Posted      Profile for Barnabas62   Email Barnabas62   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
[Killing me] [Killing me] [Killing me]

Stop it!!!

--------------------
Who is it that you seek? How then shall we live? How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?

Posts: 21397 | From: Norfolk UK | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

- Posted      Profile for mousethief     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Marvin you are just screamin' this week!

quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
You're so far up your own ass that it can only be described using non-Euclidian geometry.

--------------------

Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
NigelM, in Kerygmania, commenting on the use of parenthetical phrases:

quote:
when I see parentheses (like this) I (that would be me) tend to (rather than have an evidence base for) see them as indicating (probably intentionally) that the contents (inside, as it were) are not as important (parenthetical point) as the stuff outside of parentheses (not like this).

(And that's an important point to make).

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Delicious!
quote:
I fuckin' tried!

The thing is, when MT is being cool, you want to just live in the moment, because it can pass with lightning swiftness. And then all of a sudden you find yourself having a conversation like this:

Kelly:I like navel oranges.

MT: Oranges don't have navels.

Kelly. It's just what they call them.

MT: Who's they?

Kelly: I dunno, some fruit mogul I guess. It's just part of the language now.

MT: So you are willing to continue a scientific inaccuracy just because it's the common practice? No wonder Creationist hold sway in our country.

Kelly: How the hell did Creationists come into it?

MT: If you can't parse that, I don't see why I should help you.

Kelly: Lighten the hell up, Mousethief, it's oranges. Why are you suddenly the Noam Chomsky of oranges?

MT: Why are you being so bitchy?

Kelly:Why are you being so douchey?

MT: How the hell dare you call me a douche?

Kelly: You started it! You called me a bitch!

MT: Tu quoque!

(Takes bow)

Plus+

quote:
(From another thread)

quote:
Oh BTW your dialogue was very funny. [Big Grin]

(Assuming you meant the above.) It occurred to me much later that "Tu Quoque" is your version of "THIRD BASE!"

And I laughed, and laughed...

[ 29. May 2013, 05:11: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Moo

Ship's tough old bird
# 107

- Posted      Profile for Moo   Email Moo   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Firenze on the Calling myself to Hell thread
So it's weird Papist stuff? Ten Hail Marys and make an arse of yourself on a bulletin board?

Let's hope he sins up to the level of a Vow of Silence or a pilgrimage to somewhere wi-filess.

Moo

--------------------
Kerygmania host
---------------------
See you later, alligator.

Posts: 20365 | From: Alleghany Mountains of Virginia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twilight

Puddleglum's sister
# 2832

- Posted      Profile for Twilight     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Comet upon sitting down to her hostly duties in Hell:
quote:
It's like coming home to find the dogs have found something aged to perfection in the trash.

Jaysus. There's no limit to the smelly shit you'll all roll in when I'm not watching, is there?

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Originally posted by The Silent Acolyte in Hell:

quote:
[Y]our posts are random ejaculatory statements. The logic that may (or may not) link them together remains hidden beneath the cover of your fevered brow. You rarely bother to write the prose necessary to convince your reader to agree with you as you hop from disjointed statement to disjointed statement, as if you were some demented frog, traversing the lilypads of your private mental pond.
[Overused]

--------------------

Organ Builder
Shipmate
# 12478

- Posted      Profile for Organ Builder   Email Organ Builder   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the same Hell Thread, which in the best tradition of Hell has been called "piss poor". Still, this makes it's second contribution to the Quotes thread so it must be inspiring someone.
quote:
Originally posted by Trisagion:
I'm so glad to have given you such entertainment. Get out much?

quote:
Originally posted by lilBuddha:
No, I do not. They are getting better about fastening the straps.

--------------------
How desperately difficult it is to be honest with oneself. It is much easier to be honest with other people.--E.F. Benson

Posts: 3337 | From: ...somewhere in between 40 and death... | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

- Posted      Profile for Kelly Alves   Email Kelly Alves   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Someone had to ask, eventually:

quote:
Originally posted by horsethorn:
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Windsor-Cragg:
Another thought:

Jesus taught: "Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall set you free."

Out of interest, how do you know this jesus guy wasn't just another annunaki stooge?

ht

--------------------
Jesus loves me, this I know” of they don’t believe “Kelly loves me, this I know.”

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Just in case you're missing it, we're joking around about masturbation...
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh right.

(I'm telling you, when you pray to St. Onan, use that time to practice endurance.)

But Orfeo doesn't have to. As both participants are men, there should be less of a disparity in, erm, completion times.
That was a rhetorical "you", I should have said, but boy, does that line have potential as a meditation device...
quote:
Meditation device? Would that be an additional setting; Fast, slow and meditation?

[ 31. May 2013, 19:48: Message edited by: Kelly Alves ]

--------------------

Lyda*Rose

Ship's broken porthole
# 4544

- Posted      Profile for Lyda*Rose   Email Lyda*Rose   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
comet enjoying the wonders of Spring:
quote:
TICTH (Today I consign to Hell) late spring randy botanicals having sex in my sinuses.

I've never been this allergic in my life. I'm so sneezy I'm a danger on the road.

GET A ROOM, TREES!

--------------------
"Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life." ~from Joe Vs the Volcano

Posts: 21377 | From: CA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
This gem from Amanda B. Reckondwythe in the Alphabet game in the Circus deserves preservation:

quote:
W is for Westminster Abbey, the hotel God stays in when he's visiting the Queen.

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Amos

Shipmate
# 44

- Posted      Profile for Amos     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Mousethief, in the 'Conscience vs Equal Rights' thread in Dead Horses:

'That's all crap and you all know it. The reason is that faggism is the one really really bad sin that God really really hates. Let's just be honest, shall we?'

--------------------
At the end of the day we face our Maker alongside Jesus--ken

Posts: 7667 | From: Summerisle | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Piglet
Islander
# 11803

- Posted      Profile for Piglet   Email Piglet   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amos (from Mousethief):
... faggism is the one really really bad sin ...

I'm so glad I managed to give up smoking ... [Big Grin]

--------------------
I may not be on an island any more, but I'm still an islander.
alto n a soprano who can read music

Posts: 20272 | From: Fredericton, NB, on a rather larger piece of rock | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Ah yes, one of those Pond differences: over here no-one would take much notice if I were blithely to announce that 'I just can't get going until I've sucked on my first fag of the morning', but I imagine most Transatlantic eyebrows might rise...

--------------------
My beard is a testament to my masculinity and virility, and demonstrates that I am a real man. Trouble is, bits of quiche sometimes get caught in it.

Posts: 6498 | From: Y Sowth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
Spiffy
Ship's WonderSheep
# 5267

- Posted      Profile for Spiffy   Author's homepage   Email Spiffy   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albertus:
Ah yes, one of those Pond differences: over here no-one would take much notice if I were blithely to announce that 'I just can't get going until I've sucked on my first fag of the morning', but I imagine most Transatlantic eyebrows might rise...

Amidst my circle of friends on this far Western side of the Pond, I suspect many of them would chime in with enthusiastic agreement.

--------------------
Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.
--Night Vale Radio Twitter Account

Posts: 10281 | From: Beervana | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

- Posted      Profile for Albertus     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Indeed- that's why I said 'most' eyebrows!
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Lies, damn lies, and statistics:

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
I read another piece of research somewhere that concluded that when someone of the opposite sex enters a room, statistically men will look more at her genital area, whereas women will look more at the quality of his shoes.

quote:
Originally posted by quetzalcoatl:
And I read a piece of research that men who can chew and read at the same time, are more likely to put their wives' clothes on in times of stress.

Hint: I made this up. I was just ogling somebody, and it drove me to tell a lie. I'm sorry.

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Don't we all:

quote:
Originally posted by QLib:
Sometimes, RooK, I just wish you'd come straight out and say what you think instead of pussy-footing around with all those mealy-mouthed euphemisms.

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
John Holding amongst the Deceased Equines:

quote:
Yes Sebbie...gay divorce. And death of spouse -- widow if the survivor is female, widower if the survivor is male.

Here we've just celebrated the 10th anniversary of allowing same-sex couples to marry (not same-sex marriage, please, just regular ordinary marriage open to same-sex couples). There have been divorces, and, I presume, deaths among the married. Stands to reason -- some of them had been living together for 40 years or more when they were finally allowed to marry, and not so many people live into their 80s and 90s.

And you know what? It hasn't made a hoot of difference to the married straights, to the living common-law straights, to the just living together straights, to the serially monogamous straights, to the divorced or widowed straights, to the promiscuous straights or to the chaste or celibate straights. Or to anyone else.

John

[Overused]

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sine Nomine

Ship's backstabbing bastard
# 66

- Posted      Profile for Sine Nomine   Email Sine Nomine   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From Father Pyx_e. Humorous and yet profound;

quote:
Perhaps (from a sense of irony) my dying words could be "Five minutes more not two." To which my beloved 18 year old, sixth wife will answer "But you will only abuse those extra minutes."
Reminding us all not to abuse the gift of any minutes.

--------------------
Precious, Precious, Sweet, Sweet Daddy...

Posts: 16639 | From: lat. 36.24/lon. 86.84 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
argona
Shipmate
# 14037

- Posted      Profile for argona   Email argona   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Anselmina in the "peace" thread

If we can't manage a frigging handshake for the sake of sharing the Peace of Christ, with the brother or sister of Christ beside us, for pity's sake let's don't make them feel like they've just dropped out of a cat's backside. Just keep your hands folded in front of you and smile (if you're capable of it). And if someone does approach you to shake hands, don't freak out as if you've just been propositioned for sex.

Posts: 327 | From: Oriental dill patch? (4,7) | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
lilBuddha
Shipmate
# 14333

- Posted      Profile for lilBuddha     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Tor:

It's like Gandhi said: "I like your social justice, I do not like your social justice bloggers. Your social justice bloggers do not model social justice."

Best paraphrase in a long time.

--------------------
I put on my rockin' shoes in the morning
Hallellou, hallellou

Posts: 17627 | From: the round earth's imagined corners | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dafyd:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
It is helpful, for example, to understand that newborn babies are in fact atheists, because an appreciation of this fact affects our further understanding of things.

It is not a fact. It is a tendentious decision to define a word in a particular way for polemical purposes.
I love philosophy.

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
Chapelhead

I am
# 21

- Posted      Profile for Chapelhead     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Welease Woderick gets to the point in Hell

quote:
Indifferently, I am a Quaker, I am enjoined by my faith to seek that of God in everyone - where have you hidden yours, you sad fuck?

--------------------
At times like this I find myself thinking, what would the Amish do?

Posts: 9123 | From: Near where I was before. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
chive

Ship's nude
# 208

- Posted      Profile for chive   Email chive   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Adeodatus, as he regularly does, makes all the sense:

quote:
I think all this touchy-feely, let's-be-nice-to-each-other-even-if-it-kills-us stuff is a side product of that vile modern heresy that the other people around me in church are my friends. I find the Quakers admirable and wonderful people, but I believe their one big mistake was calling themselves Friends. Jesus and Paul got it right: those other folk in church are our sisters and brothers, not our friends. Like sisters and brothers, we're stuck with them, and while we're commanded to love them, nobody says we have to actually like them.

Ooh. That's got all my Friday feeling out of my system. I feel much better now.

--------------------
'Edward was the kind of man who thought there was no such thing as a lesbian, just a woman who hadn't done one-to-one Bible study with him.' Catherine Fox, Love to the Lost

Posts: 3542 | From: the cupboard under the stairs | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Spiffy at her finest on "What hath Twitter wroght?":

quote:
Of course, there was a horrible fire at Fucks Farms this week. Truly terrible. The entire crop of fucks was destroyed. Therefore I am currently unable to give a single fuck about you and your opinion.

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

From the "Postponing Sex" thread in Purg:

quote:
Originally posted by Leorning Cniht:
Concentrating on virginity as this prized object is, as I see it, focusing on sexual sin in a rather negative and unhealthy way, and reenforces a completely false virgin/slut dichotomy. Sexual ethics do not begin and end with the first act of intercourse. It is no less important to have sex the 1,000th time for the right reasons than it is the first.

--------------------

Evensong
Shipmate
# 14696

- Posted      Profile for Evensong   Author's homepage   Email Evensong   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Cricket thread:

quote:
Originally posted by the giant cheeseburger:
If an English team wins a match and nobody is able to watch it, did the win actually happen?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
a theological scrapbook

Posts: 9481 | From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged
South Coast Kevin
Shipmate
# 16130

- Posted      Profile for South Coast Kevin   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sioni Sais:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteC:
Is a certain cache a certain type of hiding place?

It's where old pixels go before they fade away.
Two nice lines from (one of) the (several) Indifferently-focused thread(s) in Hell.

--------------------
My blog - wondering about Christianity in the 21st century, chess, music, politics and other bits and bobs.

Posts: 3309 | From: The south coast (of England) | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged
Earwig

Pincered Beastie
# 12057

- Posted      Profile for Earwig   Author's homepage   Email Earwig   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Dead Horses threw up this gem recently:

quote:
Originally posted by dj_ordinaire:
And by the by, I definitely believe in the traditional definition of marriage, which in England is defined by the presence of sausage rolls and those little cheese-and-pineapple-on-stick thingies, as our Lord intended.

Posts: 3120 | From: Yorkshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

So much insight in this:

quote:
Originally posted by LeRoc:
Most Hell threads start out with more mundane stuff and end up discussing people's penises. Has some fundamental reversal taken place in the Universe?

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

Don't we all know people exactly like this. From a hell thread (find it yourself)

quote:
Originally posted by Firenze:
I do wonder if here is anything - ANYTHING - up to and including the outbreak of world peace, universal brotherhood, conquest of all diseases, wiping away of tears from every eye - which would not provoke a cavil from your mean, miserable, petty, sour, narrow little soul.

--------------------

balaam

Making an ass of myself
# 4543

- Posted      Profile for balaam   Author's homepage   Email balaam   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
From the Andy Murray thread in Hell:

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
Being a host is like being the curator of a public art space. You set the space up. You advertise the opening to the community. You tell them all about the different materials you're going to provide for them to use. Offer them classes in different media. Try to generate excitement about how this is going to be THEIR space to create, to share with each other.

And then the art space finally opens, and the only contribution on the first morning is a 16-year-old scrawling "GAVIN IS A COCKSUCKER" in large letters.

After a while you start lowering your expectations to the point where a good day is when 'cocksucker' is spelled correctly and in an attractive font.

There's a correct font for "cocksucker." The sort of useful information you only find on the Ship.

--------------------
Last ever sig ...

blog

Posts: 9049 | From: Hen Ogledd | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by balaam:
From the Andy Murray thread in Hell:

quote:
Originally posted by orfeo:
...After a while you start lowering your expectations to the point where a good day is when 'cocksucker' is spelled correctly and in an attractive font.

There's a correct font for "cocksucker." The sort of useful information you only find on the Ship.
Wait, someone else knows about Elliott's Blue Eyesahdow?

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

Great catch, Baalam!

This one just touced my heart:
quote:
Originally posted by Taliesin:
quote:
Originally posted by North East Quine:
Surely tampons and pads make poor missiles? They're not heavy, and pads are not aerodynamic; it would be impossible to throw one with any degree of accuracy. Standing in the door of my study, I couldn't reliably hit the window of my study with one, i.e. I could not be sure of hitting a target measuring 5ft x 3ft at a distance of 12 feet.

Anyone intending to throw a tampon soaks it first. I believe beer is the liquid of choice, and I wish I didn't know this. It wasn't me, ok??

--------------------

Albertus
Shipmate
# 13356

Leo, on 'Reading something religious' over in Heaven:

(Of a certain author):
quote:
I knew her before she became a hermit.
Well, it's just not something you hear every day, is it?
jbohn
Shipmate
# 8753

- Posted      Profile for jbohn   Author's homepage   Email jbohn   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin the Martian:
Yes you are, [poster being replied to]. Very much so. In so many different ways. Total and utter arsehole. You could teach postgraduates at the Institute of Advanced Arsehole Studies. You are more full of shit than the Delhi sewer network. Sir Mix-a-lot wants to write a whole album of songs about the area immediately surrounding you. You could not be more obviously and blatantly an arsehole if you changed your name to Sphincter McAnus.

You are an arsehole.

[Overused]

--------------------
We are punished by our sins, not for them.
--Elbert Hubbard

Posts: 989 | From: East of Eden, west of St. Paul | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mamacita

Lakefront liberal
# 3659

- Posted      Profile for Mamacita   Email Mamacita   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Drifting Star offers prayers for PeteC on the occasion of his pulling a double Hosting shift:

quote:
God grant him the serenity to host in All Saints;
the courage to host in Hell;
and the wisdom to know the difference.

--------------------
Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it.

Posts: 20761 | From: where the purple line ends | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ad Orientem
Shipmate
# 17574

- Posted      Profile for Ad Orientem     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Words of liturgical wisdom from Gottschalk on the "Fighting the Liturgical War" thread:

quote:
Originally posted by Gottschalk:
The fight for the liturgy cannot be better expressed than in the refusal of all attempts at artificial committee-baked liturgies imposed by ruthless and insensitive clerical bureaucracies.

Posts: 2606 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

(Pours out some Riesling for kenwritez)

quote:
Singles, gay or straight, are superior to you insensitive breeders. Filling up our planet with more resource hogging, pollution causing, noisy little disease vectors. Hang your head in shame!

For the humour impaired, this is a joke. I love children.

Particularly marinated with a good sauce and paired with the proper wine, perhaps a nice Riesling....

--------------------

mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

RIESLING? With red meat?

--------------------

Kelly Alves

Bunny with an axe
# 2522

That's what Orfeo said, too.

Come to think of it, Ken's probably rolling around in his grave right now, but whatever, it made me think of him, so it's beautiful. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Firenze

Ordinary decent pagan
# 619

- Posted      Profile for Firenze     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
RIESLING? With red meat?

If they're young enough, I think they count as white meat, like chicken. Though I think a Semillon or a Viognier.

[ 20. July 2013, 06:38: Message edited by: Firenze ]

Posts: 17302 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mousethief

Ship's Thieving Rodent
# 953

So, like veal, you think?

--------------------

Ariston
Insane Unicorn
# 10894

- Posted      Profile for Ariston   Author's homepage   Email Ariston   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
And, not to put too fine a point on it, a good Alsatian Riesling or Gewurtztraminer*—the kind you serve with choucroute and sausages—can go with strong flavors, with the spice and sharp notes complimenting your braising vegetables and liquid, while the backbone of the wine is enough to hold up to the delicately flavored pork (which is what baby tastes like anyway—sucking pig is suckling pig) you use in most sausages and pork chops anyway.

...I mean, take this tangent elsewhere, this is the quotes file! Go start another thread for coming up with how to cook the annoying neighbor kid!

*Holy shit, I spelled that right first try!

--------------------
“Therefore, let it be explained that nowhere are the proprieties quite so strictly enforced as in men’s colleges that invite young women guests, especially over-night visitors in the fraternity houses.” Emily Post, 1937.

Posts: 6849 | From: The People's Republic of Balcones | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
rolyn
Shipmate
# 16840

- Posted      Profile for rolyn         Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyx_e:
The truth? Someone needs to pound your gonads flat with a scaffold pipe in the vain attempt both to knock the silly out of you and the some semblance of sense in.

In reply to you-know-who .

Quoted simply because it gave me the giggles.

--------------------
Change is the only certainty of existence

Posts: 3206 | From: U.K. | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ...  57  58  59 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016