homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz? (Page 32)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  65  66  67 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you saying that my mother can't have used the word when I was born?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If I can prove I used it before 1970 can I copyright it?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Surely you can't be that old?
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you sure the word isn't an adjective derived from the Yukon?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is The Yukon fully deserving of the word?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can the Word be deserved, or is it a free gift?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you always on the lookout for a freebie?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Shouldn't you be on the lookout for a frisbee, especially if thrown at your head?
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Was that a frisbee or a fruit fly?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Does fruit fly?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Only if someone throws it--say, you're not planning to...?
{ducks}

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Which fruit would fly me to the moon?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Moon & Stars melon?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Do fruity sweets have the same effect?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Talking of which, do you remember sweetie flying saucers?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Were they the ones filled with sherbert?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Is the Pope Catholic?
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Didn't he convert to Pastafarianism?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Isn't he a bit lacking in the locks department to do that?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Does that mean they'll lock him out?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

How many centuries since a pope was last locked out of the Vatican?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

But doesn't he hold the keys?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Didn't he inherit them from Saint Peter?

--------------------
~Tortuf

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

But weren't they the keys of the kingdom of heaven, rather than those of the Vatican, and is anyone likely to confuse the two?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Mightn't any set of keys go down the drain, if dropped?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Didn't I mention that in the "That scares the @#$!% out of me.... " thread in Heaven?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Ah, but is not that a circular argument?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Does a drain have to be circular or can it be rectangular?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Have you not seen the non-rectangular quadrilateral drain covers, such as trapezoid ones?

--------------------

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Do they "know many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse"?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If they're square and we are so hep, are we interested?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Would a square dance count?
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

If it's fair and square, surely?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

But what if it's rainy and round?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Might it form a puddle, to splash around in?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

That would be fun, but would it spoil its symmetry?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Would it be fun in a cemetery?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Might that not be disrespectful of the dead?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Would it raise them up?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Would raising them up involve any alcohol?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Wouldn't alcohol be more apt to lay them out cold?

--------------------
~Tortuf

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Is laying out a chillier activity than lying in?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Wasn't lying in, historically, something to do with childbirth?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Do we need advice from a midwife?

--------------------

Schroedinger's cat

Ship's cool cat
# 64

- Posted      Profile for Schroedinger's cat   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
If we Call the Midwife, can it be one of the pretty ones?

--------------------
Blog
Music for your enjoyment
Lord may all my hard times be healing times
take out this broken heart and renew my mind.

Posts: 18859 | From: At the bottom of a deep dark well. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

And if there are none, could we have a nun?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are nuns skilled in such practices?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Or should they practice more with anatomically correct pregnant dolls?
jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Would the rectitude of the dolls outstrip that of the nuns?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

If they were from an order of left handed nuns would they be The Sinister Sisters?

--------------------

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  65  66  67 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016