homepage
  roll on christmas  
click here to find out more about ship of fools click here to sign up for the ship of fools newsletter click here to support ship of fools
community the mystery worshipper gadgets for god caption competition foolishness features ship stuff
discussion boards live chat cafe avatars frequently-asked questions the ten commandments gallery private boards register for the boards

Ship of Fools

Post new thread  Post a reply
My profile login | | Directory | Search | FAQs | Board home
   - Printer-friendly view Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
» Ship of Fools   » Special interest discussion   » The Circus   » Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz? (Page 53)

- Email this page to a friend or enemy.  
Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  65  66  67 

Source: (consider it) Thread: Is it time for another game of Rosencrantz?
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is that where you chase a cat around with a log?

--------------------
I try to be self-deprecating; I'm just not very good at it.
Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheAlethiophile

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Wouldn't chasing a dog with a log rhyme better?
Posts: 2208 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
But why would you want to chase a dog?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Posts: 9835 | From: Hogwarts | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
It's dogs that chase after logs isn't it, not the other way around?

--------------------
Be still, and know that I am God! Psalm 46.10

Posts: 4359 | From: The United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Doesn't that rather depend on the nature of both dog and log?

--------------------
I give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Fancy a break in South India?
Accessible Homestay Guesthouse in Central Kerala, contact me for details

What part of Matt. 7:1 don't you understand?

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

- Posted      Profile for Doone   Email Doone   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Have you honestly ever seen a log chase anything at all?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

- Posted      Profile for Welease Woderwick   Email Welease Woderwick   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Could I have seen it after I took those funny pills at that party?

--------------------

Posts: 48139 | From: 1st on the right, straight on 'til morning | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

- Posted      Profile for Sipech   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you think they were funny because they had smiley faces on them?

--------------------

Posts: 3791 | From: On the corporate ladder | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

- Posted      Profile for Pigwidgeon   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did they tell jokes?

--------------------
"...that is generally a matter for Pigwidgeon, several other consenting adults, a bottle of cheap Gin and the odd giraffe."
~Tortuf

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Were they only funny to the initiated?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are funnies initiated or just repeated endlessly down the years?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is there an initiation ceremony?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon
Beauty fades, dumb is forever-Judge Judy
The man who made time, made plenty.

Posts: 8040 | From: Æbleskiver country | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Isn't the initiation done "sky-clad", leaping over a fire, on the slopes of Mt. Shasta (rumored to have space aliens living inside), followed by spiced cocoa, homemade doughnuts, and quiet conversation under the stars??

--------------------
Blessed Gator, pray for us!
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")
--"Oh, Peace Train, save this country!" (Yusuf/Cat Stevens, "Peace Train")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Would it be possible to just go for the cocoa and doughnuts?
Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

What have you got against conversations by starlight?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Doesn't that depend upon the climate?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Or who you're conversing with?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

With whom are you conversing?

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Did you know that's what the voices in my head keep asking me, or was it a coincidence?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Gosh, can you hear them too?
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Do you worry when they go quiet?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Is this thread going quiet?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

- Posted      Profile for Raptor Eye     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't you hear the sound of whistling?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Is it downwind?
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

- Posted      Profile for Golden Key   Author's homepage     Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Is it the gypsy rover, come over the hill, into the valley so shady?

--------------------
--"Oh bat bladders, do you have to bring common sense into this?" (Dragon, "Jane & the Dragon")

Posts: 18601 | From: Chilling out in an undisclosed, sincere pumpkin patch. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Did you know that The Whistling Gypsy Rover is not a traditional folk song but a copyrighted piece from the 1950s?

--------------------
Mugs - Keep the Ship afloat

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Isn't it amazing the wealth of knowledge stored in Shipmates brains?

--------------------

Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Is the daily rate of leakage greater than the daily input of new data?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

- Posted      Profile for jacobsen   Email jacobsen   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Are you implying that shipmates are leaky cisterns?

--------------------
But God, holding a candle, looks for all who wander, all who search. - Shifra Alon

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Or nuns who raise leeks?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Do they wear leeks in their wimples on Saint David's Day?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Surely, they wear tureens of cream of leek soup as hats, to dish out to the poor, and juggle bowls and spoons as they walk??

--------------------

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Do they often do that kind of thing around your way? [Paranoid]

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Surely they'd look out of place if they didn't?
Raptor Eye
Shipmate
# 16649

Are you familiar with nun's habits?

--------------------

jacobsen

seeker
# 14998

Do they have familiars?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Are they all black cats?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

- Posted      Profile for Curiosity killed ...   Email Curiosity killed ...   Send new private message       Edit/delete post   Reply with quote 
Can't familiars be owls?

--------------------

Posts: 13794 | From: outiside the outer ring road | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

How does one familiarize oneself with owls?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Might that not be a criminal offence?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Doesn't everyone want to be familiar with us owls?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Sipech
Shipmate
# 16870

Have you been hanging around with the Harry Potter fan club again?

--------------------

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Does Hermione do the fan dance?

--------------------

Curiosity killed ...

Ship's Mug
# 11770

Do you think that would be worth watching or just downright embarrassing?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

Do you think Harry would do it better?
Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Are you just wild about Harry?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Welease Woderwick

Sister Incubus Nightmare
# 10424

Can Harry be described as a Wild Thing?

--------------------

Pigwidgeon

Ship's Owl
# 10192

Does he make your heart sing? Does he make everything groovy?

--------------------
~Tortuf

Golden Key
Shipmate
# 1468

Perhaps, but only until he shouts "Expecto patronum!" and deals with you?

--------------------

Doone
Shipmate
# 18470

What's he dealing in?

Pages in this thread: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  65  66  67 

Post new thread  Post a reply Close thread   Feature thread   Move thread   Delete thread Next oldest thread   Next newest thread
 - Printer-friendly view
Go to:

Contact us | Ship of Fools | Privacy statement

© Ship of Fools 2016